Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Families

Happy Families

Do you all remember Hinston High? Well...that script basically went rubbish in the end, but i've spent since last summer, on and off, trying my best to improve the script and i'm going to post my improvements here. It's the same characters and kinda the same storylines (but they'll change over time) but i've wrote it in a different way. Hope you enjoy.

INT. WEATHERBYS HOUSE – DAY

Jack and Alicia are in the living room. Jack is reading a newspaper. He suddenly puts it down and focuses his attention on his wife.

Jack: When did Christina say she was coming home?

Alicia: I don’t know…late I think…I said we would leave the key out for her if we’ve already gone to bed..

Jack: Late? Is that all she said? She knows that I prefer her to give me a rough time of when she’ll be back!

Alicia: Relax love…Christina is 19 years old, she can look after herself! She’s classed as an adult now…

Jack: Adult or not, she’s still our daughter! Where is she anyway?

Alicia: She’s with that new boyfriend of hers, you know, Sean…

Jack: A new boyfriend already?! Her last one was a disaster! I thought we told her not to get a boyfriend so soon after Jake…

Alicia: Yeah well, when did a teenage daughter ever listen to what her parents say!?

Jack: Well she’s going to end up getting hurt again!

Alicia: And that’s all part of life, I remember I went through my fair share of heartbreaks before I met you…

Jack: Well this Sean bloke better not break her heart like Jake did or there will be trouble!

Characters are the same as before and can be seen here: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=55502
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 13-10-2007 at 16:40.

Ohhh fantastic this is a good start (glad it is kinda back - but with improvments of course)

Sig dedicated to Charley

INT. WEATHERBYS HOUSE – MORNING

Jack, Alicia and Sam are sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast. Christina enters the kitchen, holding her head in despair.

Alicia: What’s wrong with you love?

Christina: Nothing, just a headache that’s all…

Sam: It surely has to be only one thing…a hangover!

Christina: Oh brother, you can be so intellectual by working out peoples problems sometimes! (Sarcastic)

Alicia: Just sit down and eat your fry – up love!

Sam: Too late….it’s probably gone cold now!

Christina gives her brother a daggered look before sitting at the table and tucking into her breakfast.

Jack: We didn’t hear you come in last night love….

Christina: And? Is there a problem with that?

Jack: Yes there is…you know me, Christina…I like to know exact details of where your going and what time you’ll be back…

Christina: I’m not a kid anymore dad! I can look after myself!

Jack: Your still my little girl Christina! They say young women are really vulnerable to different crimes…

Christina: And I really couldn’t care! Live life to the full, not caring about any consequences and treat every day like it’s your last…you know that’s my saying!

Jack: Yes! And you know I don’t agree with it! Your new attitude Christina is leaving me with a very sour taste in my mouth!

Alicia: Please…could we maybe leave this until after breakfast?

Jack: This needs to be brought up now love! The family are gathered round the table and we’re bringing an issue up together!

Christina: For goodness sake! We’re a family and your treating this issue as some sort of formal debate over the dinner table! I’m sick of it and I wouldn’t mind if we talked about it later as I have a killer hangover!

Jack: Fine by me, but we’re not escaping this subject…

Christina looks at Jack, her father, disapprovingly…

INT. CAMPBELLS HOUSE – MORNING

Tanya is in the kitchen at the table, downing a bottle of water and taking some paracetemol. Her husband, Luke walks in.

Luke: Rough night was it!? (Rolls eyes)

Tanya: Please Luke…do me a favour and don’t give me the third degree!

Luke: You deserve more than the bleedin’ third degree!

Tanya: Look, I just got carried away with the drink a little last night, that’s all…

Luke: Looking at the state of you now, it seems you got more than carried away!

Tanya: Please don’t shout at me love! I’m trying to nurse a splitting headache here!

Luke: Well it’s your own fault you’ve got a splitting headache isn’t it!? For the third time this week, the THIRD time! I think it’s about time that you pulled your finger out!

Tanya: Me!? Pull my finger out!? You should be doing that! After the grief I’ve been through with you cheating on me, I deserve to relax and have fun!

Luke: You’re just using my silly little affair as an excuse for not getting off your backside and not getting yourself a job! You use it as an excuse to get drunk every night of the bloody week!

Tanya: It was more than a silly little affair! You kept a sordid secret from me Luke and when I found out, I was devastated, I was torn apart inside! I need time to recover!

Luke: I’ve had enough of this Tan! I’ve had it up to here with you! Every day, I’ve had to do the cooking, the cleaning, taking the kids to school, bringing the money home for the family, and what do you do, nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Tanya: You deserve to be rushed off your feet after what you did to me! I haven’t fully forgiven you Luke, so I’m glad to know that you’re suffering from the pressure of providing for this family!

Tanya storms out of the kitchen. Luke slumps onto the kitchen chair and huffs.

Ohhh naughty Luke, and Tan clearly isn't happy with him

Sig dedicated to Charley

INT. CAMPBELLS HOUSE – DAY

Julia knocks on the Campbells’ front door. Tanya comes to the door weakly. It is clear that she has been crying. She opens it, and Julia sees that Tanya has been crying.

Julia: Oh Tan love, what’s wrong?!

Tanya: I’m really not up to visitors right now….

Julia: I only called to invite you over for a coffee.

Tanya: I think I need something stronger to be honest!

Tanya starts crying.

Julia: Oh dear Tan, do you want to talk about it?!

Tanya weakly nods. Julia steps in and gives Tanya a hug.

Julia: Now come on, we’re friends…you can tell me what’s wrong…

Tanya: It’s just me and Luke that’s all…

Tanya and Julia enter the kitchen. They both sit down at the kitchen table.

Julia: Have you had another bust up!?

Tanya: You could say that and I feel like it’s all my fault!

Julia: I know your having problems with the drink love…

Tanya: It’s not the drink Ju! It’s my husband! I still haven’t got over him cheating on me! He hurt me so much, he really did hurt me! When I found out, it felt like my heart had been ripped out of my stomach! The feeling I had was unbearable, I felt I wasn’t wanted by my own husband, you don’t have a clue how that made me feel!

Julia: Have you tried talking to him about it?!

Tanya: We try and bloody talk but it always develops into a bleedin’ slanging match! I don’t know why I bother!

Julia: You love him though…deep down, don’t you?!

Tanya: Of course I love him! I love him so much, but what he did, hurt me and the drinking helps me ease the pain….

Julia: The drinking doesn’t help you in the long term though, was that what the argument was about?

Tanya: Yeah, he’s sick and tired of me getting drunk all the time!

Julia: It doesn’t do you no good Tan!

Tanya: Please don’t you start giving me the third degree too!

Julia: I’m not! I’m just trying to help you out as a friend…getting drunk every night will damage you in the long term!

Tanya: Well it’s my life and I can drink as much as I want too!

Julia: If you carry on drinking Tan, it’ll push your family further away!

Tanya: Look I appreciate your advice Ju, but I really want you to leave now, I need time on my own….

Julia: Well if you ever need to talk, you know you can always call round…

Julia smiles at Tanya.

Julia: I’ll let myself out…

Julia gets up from the kitchen table and leaves the Campbells house through the front door.

EXT. HINSTON SCHOOL – DAY

Luke is waiting outside Lee and Tina’s school in his car with Emily sitting in the back playing with her toys. Lee and Tina appear. Luke pulls down his windscreen.

Luke: Hey kids.

Tina: Don’t patronise us.

Lee: Dad, me and Tina are walking home.

Luke: But I came to pick you up especially.

Lee: Well sorry.

Tina: Where’s mum?

Luke: Down the pub drinking.

Lee: I don’t believe this. Mum getting drunk again.

Luke: She might just be going for a few drinks.

Tina: Oh please! We know what she’s like and you caused it by having an affair.

Lee: Let’s go Tina. See you later Dad.

Luke: See you later.

Luke pulls the windscreen up and drives away as Lee and Tina walk away from the school.

Awww Julia sounds like a propper friend

Sig dedicated to Charley

INT. WEATHERBYS HOUSE – DAY

Jack enters Christina’s bedroom where she is lying on her bed listening to music. Jack goes to the CD player and turns it off.

Christina: I was listening to that!

Jack: We need to talk…

Christina: I still have a hangover!

Jack: You can’t use that as an excuse to try and avoid speaking to your own father!

Christina: I’m just not in the mood for one of your lectures dad…

Jack: My aim is not to have a go at you love, I just want us to talk in a mature way…

Christina: How can we speak in a mature way when you still treat me like a child?!

Jack: Chris! You must understand that in my eyes, you’re still my little girl…

Christina: I want to stop being treated like a child! I’m an adult now, 19 years old…

Jack: I just like to know where you are and what time your going to be back whenever you go out that’s all…

Christina: Yeah I know that dad, but I just want some independence now…I’m at the age where I can look after myself and I don’t need to tell you where I’m going, when I might be back!

Jack: Mum told me you were with your new boyfriend of yours….

Christina: His name is Sean, I went out with him last night and some of his friends…

Jack: Don’t you think it’s a bit soon Christina to go out and get another boyfriend, you’ve just got over your last conquest…

Christina: Look dad! I’m young and Sean is a really nice guy…

Jack: You said that about your last boyfriend and look how that turned out! He turned out to be a love cheat who was just stringing you along! Are you sure that this new Sean bloke isn’t like that as well?!

Christina: Who knows, but he comes across as being nice, I have to take a chance! I have to take the risk or what’s the point?

Jack: I don’t want my daughter to be messed about that’s all!

Christina: So what’s the real issue here eh!? My new boyfriend or me staying out late and not telling you what time I would be back?

Jack: There isn’t a real issue here, not anymore…just next time, tell me where your going and what time you’ll be back…I may come across as being protective but that’s just the way I am…

Christina: Well just loosen off me a bit yeah?

Jack: I’ll try…I know you’re an adult now, but like I said, I still see you as my vulnerable little girl…

Christina: Dad please! I’m far from vulnerable!

Jack: Just be careful with your new boyfriend Chris because I know you’ll end up with your heart broken again…

Jack leaves Christina’s bedroom.

INT. WEATHERBYS HOUSE - DAY

Alicia is in the kitchen, ironing some clothes. Jack comes through and heads for the kettle.

Jack: Want a cuppa?

Alicia: Oh yes, I’m completely parched! Shouldn’t you be heading off to work soon anyway?

Jack: I don’t need to go in ‘til later…remember I changed my shifts love?

Alicia: Oh of course, sorry love, it completely slipped my mind…

Jack: I cook evening meals at that restaurant now instead of daily lunches...must say that the evening meals are much more fun and a lot more ambitious than those daily lunches I had to cook!

Alicia: Did Christina get off to college ok?

Jack: Yeah fine, we had a little chat earlier too…I let my feelings known to her…

Alicia: About Sean?!

Jack: Don’t worry, I told her lightly that I didn’t approve!

Alicia: Good as long as you didn’t stick the knife in or this place would have turned into a battleground like the last time!

Jack: But seriously love, this new guy might not be right for our daughter and besides it is too soon after her last boyfriend…

Alicia: She’s at that age now though Jack, she’s going to have lots of relationships that end in heartbreak but it’s all part of growing up after all!

Jack: I just don’t like seeing her hurt that’s all! I told her to be careful with this new boyfriend of hers!

Alicia: Well just back off away from it, you know what happened last time!

Jack: Yes disaster struck, I know! I shouldn’t have punched her last boyfriend, it was uncalled for but he was messing her about! Christina was in tears and I couldn’t bear to see her like that! My actions were justified at the time as I was looking out for my own daughter!

Alicia: Really?! I’d say your actions were far from justified! He ended up in hospital because of you! Sometimes I wonder if you are the man I married!

Alicia storms off from the kitchen.

Thread Information