Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Pints of Lager

god i didnt know it was back!!

watching now, thanks!

last weeks was sooo sad, i have only just got in so i will have to wait to see tonights. I love two pints.

ACTOR Will Mellor was rushed to A&E after a TV stunt went wrong.
    The star was filming a chase scene for BBC comedy Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

It involved his character, Gaz, sliding over a car bonnet.

But Will, 32, landed badly — damaging a cruciate knee ligament.

He revealed: “I landed badly and my knee just gave way. I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes. I did the scene in one take though, so the director was happy!

“But maybe I should get a stuntman in the future.”

Will is awaiting tests to see if he needs an op.

He said: “It’s a pain getting about on crutches, especially with two kids.”

Aww poor Will I hope he's ok.
    Thanks Perdita

I am sure he will be fine

Will Mellor and the Two Pints crew are back for an eighth series of the bawdy BBC Three comedy. The new run kicks off this weekend with a special episode for Comic Relief: a curious crossover with channel stablemates Coming Of Age and Grownups. What sort of trouble will Gaz get up to this time? And how long can the show keep running for? We gave Will a bell to find out.

What's the Comic Relief show all about?
    "It's a mixture of three shows - Two Pints, Grownups, and Coming Of Age. We put the casts from all the shows together in one room for one show. It's different from Two Pints because there's more banter, and it's essentially three shows in one."

How do the shows cross over?
    "It's a special episode and there are lots of in-jokes between the shows. It's an odd one because Sheridan Smith, who plays Janet in Two Pints, also plays Michelle in Grownups."

Was it a bit chaotic to film?
    "It was very chaotic! There were very long filming days involved because of the number of cast members. It took time getting it to work and getting the scripts right. It's a Comic Relief special, so we had to tone it down a bit just in case the usual Two Pints banter is seen by a younger audience."

Did it get toned down a lot?
    "It's not as harsh as we would normally be. The scripts got toned down a bit because it's a special episode and it involves the other shows. A lot of shows have to tone it down, but with Two Pints, we get away with a lot more. It's refreshing to read a script and realise it says something you and your mates would say down the pub."

So what happens in the episode?
    "There's a big pub quiz, which is split into three parts - 'The Bitch Off', 'The Drink Off' and 'The Flirt Off'. Gaz takes things too far in the first round. It's him against one of the guys from Coming Of Age and Gaz ends up making the kid cry! He's obviously very young and Gaz is talking about women and all that stuff, and this guy is a virgin and he gets quite upset about it."

What else does Gaz get up to?
    "He's in his element during 'The Flirt Off' because he's got a couple of birds coming in and flirting with him. And he's loving it because he's on stage!"

You were involved in a car crash recently. Are you okay?
    "I'm fine. Well, I hurt my knee badly because I went over the bonnet of the car. It was a stunt that went a bit wrong. But it hasn't disrupted any filming or anything like that."

Are you still enjoying making Two Pints?
    "I love it - I have a great time. The new series is a good laugh because it's all back to normal with loads of banter."

Could it go on for a few more series?
    "Yeah! Well, I don't know. They've asked for another series, but at the moment we're just concentrating on this one. It's hard because everyone does other jobs throughout the year, so it's a case of getting the schedules to match up."

How do you feel when people criticise the show?
    "It doesn't bother me because the viewing figures speak for themselves. As long as the people on the street enjoy it, that's the main thing. It's not gonna please everybody, but at the same time it wouldn't have run for seven years if nobody watched it. I get people coming up to me all the time saying they love it, and that's what it's all about."

So it's still proving quite popular?
    "It has a big audience, and they enjoy it. As long as they keep enjoying it, we'll keep making it. At the end of the day, it's entertainment. It's very light-hearted and fun. Two Pints isn't trying to change people's lives - it's about having a bit of fun."

Two Pints returns Sunday at 9pm on BBC Three.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (09-03-2009)

I just watched this on iplayer. It's pretty good . I love Two Pints.. and Grown Ups. So funny.

I love the song at the end I keep watching that bit "Stop thinking, start thinkingggg" Love it.

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps is to let its audience decide the outcome of series eight.

After the penultimate episode airs, fans of the show will be able to cast votes via the website to determine the outcome of a love triangle between Gaz, Janet and Donna.

Two endings will be filmed and the storyline with the highest number of votes will be aired as the finale to series eight, with the alternative ending available to view online.

"We want to make sure we keep innovating when it comes to schedule favourites as well as new programmes on BBC Three," said channel controller Danny Cohen.

"The last series of Two Pints included a live episode. For this series we're going to use interactivity to put viewers in charge of the plot."

The series finale will air on BBC Three on Sunday, May 10.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (07-04-2009)

Last series I was rooting for Janet and Gaz... but awwwww I want Donna and Gaz back together now.. they are soooo still in love!!! .

OMG last ep 10th May... and it's not on next week... meaning not many eps left .

****Wishes someone else watched this these days, so she could talk about it with them lmao******

i am watching it, well trying to keep up on the i player!!! i am on ep 4 of the new series

Thread Information