Thread: Swearing

Swearing

Ok holding my hands up,i swear and so does my other half,although we try not to in front of the children,they have heard at some point and my 3 year old has picked it up and swears,not for any reason,i can tell he does it for attention seeking.Ive tried a smack (not too hard mind,i dont condone thrashing,lol) a good telling off,taking away privilages,ketchup in the mouth (he hates it ) but still no good. Now my daughter has heard him (shes only 2) and when she is in a mood she says the f word rather loudly and i want the ground to swallow me up.My 3 year old doesnt really do it in front of anyone else but us but my daughter being so young,doesnt really understand its a bad word or naughty etc and says it in front of other people.Any ideas please on how to try and stop it?

I think it's something all kids go through chance I know Marley did. When she first did it I used to ignore her if and she stopped. She tried again to use a few swear words when she was about 5 because she heard older kids outside using them so I threatend her that I was going to put washing up liquid in her mouth if she didn't stop it. she swore at her auntie a few days later so I put a little spot of fairy liquid on my finger and put it on her bottom lip. She has never swore again.

I think that the youngest may be just copying her older brother so if you ignore him or threaten him with soap in his mouth that should do the trick.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ooh, the fairy liquids a good idea it is best to try and get him to stop as i was always in trouble for my language. It was a catholic school as well so they hated swearing. Just try and drum it in to their heads that its bad.

Yeah, I think you have to target the one that's teaching them to do it. I started swearing when I was younger because my dad always does it, and after a few times with a whole bar of soap in my mouth, I stopped doing it.

I'd try the soap on your son, then your daughter if she does it a few more times after he's had the soap. Definitely target him though, because my argumement for swearing now is that it's his fault I learnt the majority of the swear words and that he always does it.

Santa won't come if you use them words anymore rings a bell!

Thread Information