Thread: Carrie leaving?

Carrie leaving?

Linda Lusardi quits 'Emmerdale'
    Wednesday, September 26 2007, 09:26 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Former Page 3 model Linda Lusardi has quit Emmerdale – after only seven months in her role.

The 49-year-old – who has played Carrie Nicholls in the ITV soap since February – has taken the decision to pursue other acting roles, despite producers extending her on-screen family by giving her a daughter, Lexi Nicholls (Sally Oliver).

Speaking to The Sun, Linda said: "I have had a wonderful time at Emmerdale. I would like to thank the Producers for the wonderful opportunity they gave me.

"I would also like to thank the cast for making me very welcome and whose hard work makes the show such a success. I have made many friends during my time there, but I have decided to leave the show at the end of the year.

She went on: "I became an actress to play different and varied roles, and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing Carrie Nicholls for the last year. I am looking forward to working on new projects in 2008."

A source close to the actress commented: "It's not a row about money. She thinks it is time to move on."

Series producer Kathleen Beedles added: "We have got some fantastic storylines coming up involving Carrie in the coming months and wish Linda all the very best for the future."

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Closed, for the reason Alan gave

Thread Information