Thread: Bobby Bear Launched at Hamleys

Bobby Bear Launched at Hamleys

From thebill.com

Bobby Bear
    20th September 2007

Meet the cast of The Bill at Hamleys for the launch of Bobby Bear. The big day at London’s most famous toy store, in Regent Street, is 20th October 2007. The cast will be joined by a giant Bobby Bear and friends of The Bill including Shane Richie and Sir Ronnie Flanagan GBE MA (Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Constabulary).

Visitors to the store on launch day will be given the unique opportunity to buy a Bobby Bear in a beautifully embroidered collector’s bag signed by their favourite celebrity.

Bobby Bear is a very special and beautifully handmade teddy: he’s the first bear to be given permission to wear the official Met Police uniform. A whopping 50% of profits from the £29.99 bear will go to Child Victims of Crime (CVOC).

Lisa Maxwell, who plays DI Sam Nixon, is a patron for the CVOC Charity – she explains: “Officers who have worked with the young victims are in a unique position to nominate them to be helped by the charity. The officers understand the pain and suffering these innocent victims have been through and can often see the simplest way to provide the help they need.”

Donations from the sale of Bobby Bear, enables CVOC to extending their network of counsellors, and continue to provide the adventure breaks and days out that put a little bit of fun and normality back into each victim’s life. Whether it is ongoing counselling or a replacement bike, the support they are able to offer these vulnerable and traumatized children is limited only by the amount of funding they have available.

If you can’t make it into London for the celebrity launch, you can buy Bobby Bear from the official website: www.bobbybear.tv £5 discount code: bill5

OOH there's a Hamley's toy department in Jenners in Edinburgh. I wonder if they will be stocking the bears.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I was reading this the other day on the bill site, and i think ive persuaded my mum to take me lol
    are you gonna go?

edit - i think they are all stocking the bears but if not buy it online and youll get £5 off, also I cant wait for the other ones to come out next year they look well cute lol
    Last edited by samantha nixon; 27-09-2007 at 22:21.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

The pics are from the Hamley's website

Blonde Bear

Caramel Bear

Brown Bear

Description

This beautifully hand made blonde bear is the first teddy to be granted permission to wear the official Metropolitan Police uniform. Bobby comes complete with an embroidered collectors bag to keep him looking his best for years to come. His iconic uniform has been copied to the finest detail, including helmet and removable woollen jersey with elbow patches, embroidered epaulettes and the Metropolitan Police badge.

Bobby Bear is 28cm tall when sitting and is suitable for children aged 3 years and over.

Reserve your Bobby the Bear now for dispatch mid October to avoid disappointment.

50% of the profit from the sale of each Bobby Bear will be donated to the charity Child Victims of Crime.

Awwww they're adorable!! I want the yellowey one

Did anyone go to this? I did and I got to meet Lisa and Shane but didnt meet any of the others as they were all getting there are diff times of the day and we didnt want to wait around, but it was great lol and they both signed the bag

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Wow, bet you're buzzing Sam Think we all know how much you love Lisa . I want one of them bears though

I was lol all week ive been dead excited lol, and she was really really nice and shane was very funny, I love the bear I got the caramel one and leanne got the blonde one, but i wanna get the other ones when they come out

Thread Information