Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devil david

Devil david

I think it would be good if david platt was to stay in the street for years to come well at least until 20's/ 30's as he is the next terry duckworth, (soap villian), but he would be different as we have watched him grow up from a baby through his teens into adulthood unlike other soap villians,
    Maisie Mouse

No I don't see David as a villian in that way, i think he's just got certain issues. He's definitely not a villian in the way that someone like Terry or Jez Quigley was, etc.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I think he has it in him to be a villian in the making though, i mean it isnt just a phase or some issues, hes been this way and getting worse for years,
    Maisie Mouse

hmm maybe but I don't want them to turn him into a plain nasty villian just for the sake of it. I think its built up for years cos of certain stuff thats got on. he hasn't exactly had it easy.

well neither has sarah, in fact she has been through more and she has turned out fine,
    Maisie Mouse

yeah but it affects people in different ways and i don't think she's turned out fine anyway, shes far from perfect, she relies on her mam all the time for stuff. The pair of them would be lost without her.
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 23-09-2007 at 23:05.

so she depends on her mum a lot thats pretty normal for a 20 yr old who has always been mummy'd,

but everything she has been through, The hillman chapter, losing billy, todd being gay, bethany getting kidnapped 2 times, being kidnapped herself, the list is endless
    Maisie Mouse

hmm yeah maybe they should have given this storyline to her instead lol

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I think the fact that Sarah has been so mummy'd could be part of the reason David is the way he is aswell though or at least a contributing factor. He went through the Hillman stuff, just like Sarah, but he's had to watch whilst Gail has supported Sarah and sort of cast him aside. Its almost like saying girls are to be supported, yet boys are supposed to just get on with it and cope - males have feelings too....

Good point Ems. I also think Martin upping sticks and leaving didn't help either.

Thread Information