Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Branning (Scott Maslen)

Lmao, oh dear Jack, you naughty boy.

Neither sister will be able to forgive Jack, or their 'mum' for that matter, after all this comes out.

I can't wait.

Ah well in real life weirder things happen.
    At first I tought Jack would bring some class to the show. How wrong was I?

Jack will be leaving the square this year if his storylines get anymore boring and going back to Sun Hill

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Dull and duller

latest buzz on twitter is that scott maslen has quit his role as jack in eastenders

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-02-2013)

EastEnders star Scott Maslen has announced that he is bowing out from his role as Jack Branning.

The actor, who has been playing Jack since 2007, will depart screens at the end of his contract later this year.

Maslen said today (February 24): "I've loved playing Jack, and who wouldn't want to work on one of the most successful British TV series, but I've been offered many other roles and just not been able to explore them in the past, simply because of time and commitments to EastEnders, and so now it feels like the time to tread a new path for a while.

"I've played Jack for five and a half years and had some fantastic storylines, but it's now time to have a break from him and try something different.

"I'm incredibly attached to Jack, his family and EastEnders, but as an actor I'd like to take on some new challenges for a bit. EastEnders is just incredible, it's phenomenally rewarding and I love working here, but now it's time to move on to pastures new."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "Since October 2007, Scott Maslen has brought the wonderful Jack Branning to life on our screens. From Scott's heart-wrenching portrayal of a grieving father, to Jack's determination in the coming week to take on Phil Mitchell, the variety in Scott's material shows his fabulous range as an actor.

"Scott will remain on your screens until late in the year, and there is plenty more drama to be played out before his departure."

An eventful week for Jack begins tomorrow (February 25) when he knocks love rival Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) unconscious at The Arches, leaving him facing possible legal repercussions when the attack is revealed.

Jack is currently in a relationship with Sharon Rickman (Letitia Dean), but her connection to Phil has often caused problems and the love triangle will continue in the coming weeks.

Off screen, Maslen has won the 'Sexiest Male' prize at the British Soap Awards for the past four years. He was also named 'Best Actor' at the ceremony in 2010
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-02-2013), tammyy2j (24-02-2013)

EastEnders star Scott Maslen has announced that he is bowing out from his role as Jack Branning.

The actor, who has been playing Jack since 2007, will depart screens at the end of his contract later this year.

Maslen said today (February 24): "I've loved playing Jack, and who wouldn't want to work on one of the most successful British TV series, but I've been offered many other roles and just not been able to explore them in the past, simply because of time and commitments to EastEnders, and so now it feels like the time to tread a new path for a while.

"I've played Jack for five and a half years and had some fantastic storylines, but it's now time to have a break from him and try something different.

"I'm incredibly attached to Jack, his family and EastEnders, but as an actor I'd like to take on some new challenges for a bit. EastEnders is just incredible, it's phenomenally rewarding and I love working here, but now it's time to move on to pastures new."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "Since October 2007, Scott Maslen has brought the wonderful Jack Branning to life on our screens. From Scott's heart-wrenching portrayal of a grieving father, to Jack's determination in the coming week to take on Phil Mitchell, the variety in Scott's material shows his fabulous range as an actor.

"Scott will remain on your screens until late in the year, and there is plenty more drama to be played out before his departure."

An eventful week for Jack begins tomorrow (February 25) when he knocks love rival Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) unconscious at The Arches, leaving him facing possible legal repercussions when the attack is revealed.

Jack is currently in a relationship with Sharon Rickman (Letitia Dean), but her connection to Phil has often caused problems and the love triangle will continue in the coming weeks.

Off screen, Maslen has won the 'Sexiest Male' prize at the British Soap Awards for the past four years. He was also named 'Best Actor' at the ceremony in 2010
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Kill off Sam, give him Richard release Ronnie and let them move to France to be near Penny now that is a good happy exit for him

Makes sense, he's been like a spare part for about a year now.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Makes sense, he's been like a spare part for about a year now.
    I think he should have been the one who had an affair with Kat he made more sense their bond over Tommy and James I think and putting him with Sharon has been terrible

Thread Information