Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bill goes interactive for murder plot

The Bill goes interactive for murder plot

ITV police drama The Bill is to turn viewers into detectives for a series of interactive episodes.

During the three-part special entitled 'Target', the Sun Hill team will undertake one of their biggest investigations when a high-profile politician and a respected religious leader are shot dead at a 'Rock Against Racism' concert.

With the race on to catch the killer, Superintendent John Heaton (Daniel Flynn) is rocked to the core when he realises that he could have been one of the intended targets.

As the plot progresses, viewers will be able to locate clues scattered around the internet as well as view unseen CCTV footage on a dedicated YouTube channel. The interactive incident room will be launched after the first episode has aired.

Of the venture, Executive Producer Johnathan Young said: "We are driving home the interactive element to this fantastic three-parter and The Bill is always looking at new ways of using new media to promote various storylines.

"This is the first time viewers can utilise The Bill's website and other fictional sites to create their very own virtual incident room, seek out and gather extra clues which have not been seen on screen."

He added: "The Bill will be continuing to use the interactive element for future storylines in the coming months."

'Target' is due to transmit next month on ITV1.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samantha nixon For This Useful Post:

*funky*monkey* (05-10-2007), callummc (05-11-2007)

Thanks for posting! Sounds good

From thebill.com

There is a bit of a spoiler in here about the storyline.

Spoiler:
    Ever wanted to have a good snoop around Sun Hill’s incident room and root around some of their case files? Well now’s your chance, as coming soon to accompany the Moving Target trio of episodes this November you will be able to follow the investigation, for the first time, online.

Canley News has already reported the planned Rock Against Racism concert with VIP speaker Paul Sagger MP – this is where Sun Hill’s investigation kicks off when racial tension is whipped up in the community. Check out www.thisiscanley.com and www.paulsagger.com but return to thebill.com to find your way in to the case file.

With many twists and turns to this intriguing investigation, you will have the opportunity to follow the case where the web of deceit will open up. CID’s file on the Moving Target will be made available to you, as well as full access to the interactive incident board, where you can review the events so far and consider theories and motives pursued.
    Thanks CrazyLea

sou nds good,anyone know the dates ,i never miss the bill but if its going out over 3 nights i could easily miss tuesdays cos that happened to me once before ,looking forward to these episodes

Quote Originally Posted by callummc View Post
    sou nds good,anyone know the dates ,i never miss the bill but if its going out over 3 nights i could easily miss tuesdays cos that happened to me once before ,looking forward to these episodes
    Well I think its showing this month but there is only one episode each week for the next four weeks or so because of Trinny and Susannah's new show on a Wednesday and I'm A Celeb. I'm not sure if they are going to show it over three weeks or wait until it returns to twice weekly and maybe do three episodes in a week.
    Thanks CrazyLea

If anyone is interested in this the interactive website has already opened. http://www.thebill.com/incidentboard...vingtarget/e1/
    Thanks CrazyLea

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Jojo (20-11-2007), pookie1968uk (20-11-2007)

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    Gutted they've taken a regular Drama off for Trinny and bloody Susannah

Totally agree. Why couldn't they have put T&S on a Tuesday?
    The Bill is going back to twice weekly on the 5th December. Only a few more weeks.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    Or even put it on a Saturday night prime time if they were convinced they were going to get the viewers

If it had been Corrie or Emmerdale replaced there would have been world war 64321 (Everybody's had a world war that's the updated count )

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    If anyone is interested in this the interactive website has already opened. http://www.thebill.com/incidentboard...vingtarget/e1/
    the website has been open since last weeks episode

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Thread Information