Thread: Week 40

Week 40

Returning from London without Harry, Guppy is lacking in confidence and feeling depressed, as the hospital drama continues. His train is cancelled because someone has pulled the emergency alarm, so he ends up waiting on a deserted platform. While waiting, he notices a child's ball falls onto the train track. The child runs after it and gets his arm stuck. Guppy has to act instinctively and in doing so saves the boy's life.

Back at ED, Guppy investigates further. His diagnosis and subsequent life-saving treatment is praised by everyone and Maggie tries to persuade Guppy to stay, but he has made up his mind and says a quiet goodbye, leaving ED for good.

Meanwhile, Toby experiences the first death in his care. An elderly lady, Romaine (who was a passenger on the train that was stopped), has chest pains. Toby takes the lead in Romaine's treatment, and gets close to the her as she deliriously declares the train driver to be her long-lost son. The driver insists they aren't related, but sits with her so she isn't alone. When she dies, Toby is devastated.

Elsewhere, Charlie meets Devika and Sajani, and discovers they are Josh's visitors. He questions Devika's motives on learning that Josh has given them his compensation money. Josh is furious at Charlie's suspicion.

Harry returns and announces to the shocked department that he is back as the new Consultant Manager. Nathan is horrified – Harry will be his new boss.

Harry is played by Simon MacCorkindale, Guppy by Elyes Gabel, Maggie by Susan Cookson, Toby by Matthew Needham, Charlie by Derek Thompson, Josh by Ian Bleasdale and Nathan by Ben Price.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irish eyes For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-09-2007), Chloe O'brien (14-09-2007), tammyy2j (19-09-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by irish eyes View Post
    Harry returns and announces to the shocked department that he is back as the new Consultant Manager. Nathan is horrified – Harry will be his new boss.
    Hooray, he's back

And about bloody time too. We have missed Harry in the ER

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i'll miss guppy. didn't like him when he was on drugs but i think he's a lovely character

I like Guppy. Is he gone for good?

Yes But at least he isn't being killed off so he can come back if he wants

Glad Harry's back though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    i'll miss guppy. didn't like him when he was on drugs but i think he's a lovely character
    its such a shame. he was such a lovely bloke then they changed his personality when he got friendly with stitch and then involved with drugs. he was so committed to medicine before that and was very caring and now he's left!
    Last edited by pookie1968uk; 16-09-2007 at 22:32.
    POOKIE

Looking forward to Harry returning and wiping the floor with NATHAN
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Can't wait to see Nathans face when Harry tells him that he's Nathan's new Boss!!
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 17-09-2007 at 22:42.

Cant wait for Harrys return but dont you think that it will look bad him being smug with Nathan seen as though Angel has just died???

Thread Information