Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leona releases her second single

Westlife star: "Leona's song was better"

Westlife star Shane Filan has admitted that Leona Lewis' 'Bleeding Love' was more deserving of the number one spot than the group's new single 'Home'.

'Home' debuted at number three in the UK singles chart earlier this month, while Leona and Take That stayed in the top two positions based on their second week of sales.

"Obviously, we're not happy about that," Shane told Hot TV magazine. "But the album is the most important thing to us. At the end of the day, I think Leona had the better song - it's more exciting and she deserves to be number one. Maybe Take That had a better song, too."
    Thanks CrazyLea

Leona top in Ireland for fourth week

Leona Lewis has topped the Irish singles chart with 'Bleeding Love' for a fourth week.

The next four singles also remained static, with Westlife's 'Home', Timbaland's 'Apologise', Take That's 'Rule The World' and Britney Spears' 'Gimme More' all staying in last week's positions.

Lower down the chart, Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse swapped positions with Shayne Ward, with 'Valerie' taking sixth place and 'If That's Okay With You' moving down into seventh. Alicia Keys' 'No-One' moved up to tenth place from number eighteen.

Meanwhile, Leona's debut album Spirit has topped the album chart, followed by Garth Brooks' The Ultimate Hits at number two and Westlife's Back Home at number three.
    Thanks CrazyLea

another Leona song on radio one right now
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I heard some of her other songs on the msn home page where it said you can listen to some of them

Still number 1 !! and on the album chart too!
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 18-11-2007 at 18:53.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (18-11-2007)

So has anyone got her album yet

Leona's debut album sets new record

Leona Lewis has set a UK record for the fastest-selling debut album.

Spirit went straight in at number one, while the 22-year-old X-Factor winner's song Bleeding Love also remained at the top of the singles chart for the fourth week running.

Leona's album saw off stiff competition from the Spice Girls' Greatest Hits album, which went in at number two.

The previous fastest-selling debut album was the Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not in January 2006, which managed 363,735 copies in its first week. This week Spirit sold a massive 375,872 copies.

A spokesman for Leona said: "On it's first day of sales alone Spirit sold over 130,000 copies, which was outselling the rest of the top 10 put together. On average it worked out that Leona was selling an amazing 200 albums per minute."

In this week's singles chart, Take That stayed at number two with Rule The World with Timbaland's Apologize another non-mover at three.

Kylie's single 2 Hearts climbed eight places to fourth while Valerie by Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse fell one to five.

No One by Alicia Keys rose three places to this week's six as Westlife's Home slipped two places to seven. Flux by Bloc Party was a new entry at eight, while Loch Lomond by Runrig featuring Tartan Army claimed ninth spot. Last week's six, About You Now by the Sugababes, slid four to this week's number 10.

In the album chart, last week's number one, Back Home by Westlife, was forced down to third place by Leona and the Spice Girls.

Mothership, a new entry by Led Zeppelin, entered the list at number four, while Celine Dion's new album Taking Chances went in at five. The two other new entries to this week's chart top 10 were Sawdust by the Killers at seven and Andrea Bocelli's hits collection Vivere at eight.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I'm listening to the song as I'm reading, her voice is amazing.. Not to keen on the video though.. Voice is enough

Lol I just think she is amazing, I wonder what her next single will be

I was instructed today that Marley has so have to get her CD for Christmas.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information