Thread: Sharon Quits The X Factor!?

Sharon Quits The X Factor!?

TELLY favourite Sharon Osbourne plans to quit The X Factor next year, The Sun can reveal.

The feisty TV judge has told pals she has had enough — and is keen to move on to other projects.

The move comes after show boss Simon Cowell brought Dannii Minogue on board, and with Sharon said to feel increasingly “out of the loop”.

A source said: “Sharon has been shuttling between LA and the UK while filming X Factor and America’s Got Talent, so she didn’t feel quite ‘in’ with everyone during recording.

“And she’s fed up with Cowell trying to pit her against Dannii. She feels that it’s time to move on.”

However, Sharon, 54, WILL continue working with Cowell after recently signing a three-year deal to star on America’s Got Talent — his US show.

Sharon is now in LA, where she will this week choose her finalists for the ITV1 hit.

Show bosses have flown out to film her, and another insider said: “Sharon hasn’t told any of the top brass about her intentions yet.

“She wanted to keep this quiet as she makes her final decision. But she’s now set to announce it in the second part of her autobiography. She hasn’t fallen out with anyone, but thinks it’s time to go.”

Sharon is still reeling after brother David Arden claimed she hated Cowell, was jealous of Dannii and tried to sabotage the last X Factor series.

David, 56, who fell out with Sharon over their dad’s funeral, told the News of the World: “Sharon always goes for the jugular with her enemies. That’s what she sees Simon as.”

He predicted this series will be Sharon’s last, adding: “She will hate Dannii. She’s always had a problem with women who are better-looking. But Dannii’s been such a hit. Sharon’s days are numbered.”

The Sun this week said Sharon planned to take revenge on David by dishing the dirt on him in her book.

An X Factor spokesman said: “We are unaware of any wishes by Sharon to leave the series at the end of the year.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-09-2007)

The show won't be the same without Sharon. I would prefer if they should get rid of Dannii i can't see the point of her. I think Sharon's brother newspaper article isn't helping the matter.

I hope sharon does decide to stay on the show as it wouldn't be the same without her,Simon and Louis. These rumours that her brother is spreading is just childish jelousy. What he is saying that Sharon is jelsous of Danii is just a load of nonsence Sharon is ten time more popular with the public than Dannii is.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I really hope she doesnt quit, It wouldnt be the same with her. She makes it more entaining, cos Ive also liked the the 3 of them and now with danii she isnt quite there yet, and and it would be qute dull without her.

im a big fan of sharon's and the constant bickering between her and louis is always funny, the 3 of them get on really well and work really well as part of a team, if someone has to go in the end i think it should be a case of last in first out as i dont believe dannii will ever be as successful a judge as sharon is
    Maisie Mouse

Danni doesn't have enough experience in listening to people sing and judging them. Sharon, Louis and Simon have done it all their working lives and for Danni to come in and say "yeah, I like you" is just making a mockery of it. She's a pointless bit of fluff, her only purpose is to make men switch on the X Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Danni doesn't have enough experience in listening to people sing and judging them. Sharon, Louis and Simon have done it all their working lives and for Danni to come in and say "yeah, I like you" is just making a mockery of it. She's a pointless bit of fluff, her only purpose is to make men switch on the X Factor.
    I agree, she has no experience of mentoring/managing, so how is the group she's assigned going to be on equal par with Simon/Sharon/Louis's groups who have years of experience doing this kind of thing.

I still say if they really needed a fourth judge they should have hired Pete Waterman.

i totally agree i have to say the only good call she has made since she started was saying that the 5 month pregnant woman should go off and have baby then come back next year, she honestly is a waste of space she has said no to some good applicants and vice versa
    Maisie Mouse

dani hasnt really got much experience to do it, all the rest ov the judges have always done it.
    hope sharon doesnt leave
    its probable not true well i hope it isnt

Thread Information