Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Results Day

Good luck to you all and I hope that you all get the results you have been hoping for

My neices and one of my nephews did really really well.. the other nephew failed.. my brother is none to pleased
    Super Mod

good luck everyone! id forgotten it was this close!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

A week today ...... and the rest of our lives are decided! Brilliant :|

Haha, I'm not worried.

I know I've done bad, I didn't put the work in because I never wanted to be there but went back to keep everyone else happy, but I've got a place at College, a chance to star all over again.. so results day for me is like.. put it all int he past day, forget how bad my results are, party hard and then concentrate on the future.. and work my damn bum off so that I can do what i want to do

I don't want to know... and mine are only AS. Having a uni place riding on it must be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I don't want to know... and mine are only AS. Having a uni place riding on it must be a nightmare.
    I was like that last year when I got the envelope. I walked around the classroom for about half an hour before I opened it. I didn't get what I wanted but I still got into uni and that's all that mattered.

At the end of the day, all I wanted was to do well enough to get a place at uni, I wasn't bothered about getting four As. I knew I wouldn't anyway because my AS results weren't good but I wasn't going to make myself ill over revision.

This sounds strange but I actually find uni work easier than A level work. Maybe because it's enjoyable and I love what I'm doing whereas I hated my A levels and regret the subjects I chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I was like that last year when I got the envelope. I walked around the classroom for about half an hour before I opened it. I didn't get what I wanted but I still got into uni and that's all that mattered.

At the end of the day, all I wanted was to do well enough to get a place at uni, I wasn't bothered about getting four As. I knew I wouldn't anyway because my AS results weren't good but I wasn't going to make myself ill over revision.

This sounds strange but I actually find uni work easier than A level work. Maybe because it's enjoyable and I love what I'm doing whereas I hated my A levels and regret the subjects I chose.
    You shouldn't regret your A level subjects. They have got you into doing something you love, and that is the whole purpose of doing them.

Regret is a futile waste of emotion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-08-2009)

The teachers say a lot of people say that their A Levels were harder than uni work. I guess it helps not having 3/4 different subjects.

I know what you mean about the AS; it's that that bothers me at the moment because I know it will be harder to get the grades at the end of next year and to get into top unis if these aren't what I'm meant to get.

I've heard that uni work is easier than A Levels as well...one of my teachers said to me that A Levels will be the hardest thing I do and I must admit, it has been a bit of a challenge!

I found the step up from GCSE to AS Level the hardest - I still don't know to this day how I got BBC for my ASs last year.

I had my first 'results day' dream last night

To be honest, I think I'm worrying too much and I know I shouldn't but my A Level grades mean a lot to me - I want some good grades to show off, even though I already have my place at uni. If I got bad results, I would feel like I didn't deserve it.

But I know there are people in worse off positions than me, so I should get a bit of a grip.

Thread Information