Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Results Day

Just coming on to say good luck to everyone getting results on Thursday or next Thursday.

I'm awaiting AS's and my idea right now is to just ignore it - if that's possible. Thankfully I'm learning how to use a checkout tomorrow so that should keep my mind busy.

Our year got an e-mail off one of our teachers this morning saying:
    "Exams aren't the be all and end up. If you mess up then just move on. It's one small part of your life and as the saying goes 'When one door closes, another one opens.'
    Good luck girls."
    If it's not the be all and end all - why do you keep pressuring us?
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Good luck to everyone, and stop worrying I know you will all do brilliant, and even if you don't get the results you are hoping for it's not the end of the world.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    So many people have asked for texts when I get the results. My Aunt's decided she's phoning to find out, and I bet I haven't opened them by the time she rings as I don't want to open them at school.
    I'm facing that problem too. My sister said she's going to come down on Thursday which I don't want her to do. So she said to ring her straight after I get my results which I don't want to. I know friends and family like to know how I got on but I just want to have an hour or so to get myself squared away before I tell people.

To those that are collecting A2 results: are you going to look at the UCAS website at midnight tomorrow to see if you have been accepted?

Good luck
    Thanks CrazyLea

Loads of people try that one but it normally crashes around midnight and sometimes UCAS take it offline, you can always try but don't get stressed if it does not allow you to access your uni choices at midnight.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

I'm not going to look. I'd rather wait until the morning when all my friends get their results and open them together.
    Thanks CrazyLea

My mum's saying she's not letting me back in the house if I don't tell her my results, so I'm just going to have to wander around somewhere and possibly get a bus to somewhere she won't come looking for me until I'm ready to open my results and then go home when I'm ready to tell her what I got. I was going to listen to my mp3 on my phone on the bus on the way to get them, but I think I'll just leave my phone off and take my iPod with everyone going on about calls and texts. I stayed with my dad's cousin for a week in July and she must have asked me about 5 times while I was there when I was getting my results. I told one Aunt the date over the phone and she tapped me on the shoulder in the middle of the bank the other day and started asking me again when they were. Another Aunt asked me at the bus stop the other day and she'd asked me more times than the other, so I had a good mind to tell her that I'd done GCSEs and to go and look up the date in the window of Clintons! The only relative that's not reminding me about them at every opportunity is my uncle and his wife - they've had two kids who have had theirs and one of which was in a similar state to me about getting them so at least they understand.

I'm expected an A* and 9A's, although 3 more of my teachers wrote in my report that they'd like me to aim for an A*. My Geography teacher who is the head of sixth form said to my mum in my 6th form interview when discussing my predicted grades that I could get an A* in Geography if the questions were right.. no pressure then! I really don't think I've got a chance at one in Geography because I hated it for almost all of the course. I thought I had quite a good chance of getting most of my predicted grades when I came out of the exams, but I've had nothing to do for a lot of the holiday and have thought about the exams too much and silly little mistakes I made in them; now I'm convinced they're going to mean the difference between grades. Whatever I get I don't think there'll be a lot in it between one grade and the next, so I really don't want to know my exact number of marks. I definitely won't be getting that A in Additional Science though and I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if I get a B in it!

Good luck to all the A Level people; hope you get into all of the unis you want, and good luck to those getting AS's on Thursday too.

Abbie, does your dad find out yours before you when he phones the college?

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Don't worry about it Spicy and Kim - what grades are you both expected?

If you'd rather no one knew your results, you don't have to let them know - after all, it's your personal piece of paper with your results on..no one has the right apart from you to look at it.

I am sure you have both done fine, but if you haven't, it really is not the end of the world. Exams are exams - life goes on even if you've done badly or not, there will be something out there for you to do! ... and remember this, things could always be worse.

Just try and keep positive
    I am too embarrased to say (yes even on here lol) but hopefully they should all be a C or above (excluding Media)..
    Thing is everyone is expecting everyone to say anything so if I don't tell them my results I am just going to seem like the rudest impolite child on earth loool..

I think I will just take some time away before going home.. I will tell my mum so beforehand so she don't end up calling the police haha..

Personally to me, it would seem like the end of the world.. As everyone seems to expect so much from me (my fam and my fam friends and fam fam etc. )

Same Spicy, although I expect a lot from myself as well. My dad, well I don't know what to think about him. One minute he says he's expecting an A* in this, that and the other, and the next minute GCSE's are just a total waste of time. I'm betting I'll throw up on results day, I felt sick last night and only got about 5 hours sleep and fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon for an hour while reading a book.

So far I been avoiding thinking about.. I trying to avoid thinking about my expected results and just everything. Seems to be working but dosen't help the matter in either way.. I just don't know what to do! I think I will ignore it a bit more and wait till the day before and panic like mad - should come naturally Lol..

Cs are really good grades and anything above that is even better - I would try and put it to the back of your mind until next Thursday though, try and keep yourself busy if you are worrying.

I am actually getting nervous about my results now.. just a quick question, on the results sheet will they show the mark and grade you got in each exam you took or will they just give you 1 grade for each subject?

Thread Information