Thread: Devon Seas Season 3 News & Spoilers

Devon Seas Season 3 News & Spoilers

Exciting news hits the boards today about the eagerly awaiting third season of popular soap opera Devon Seas. We took a few minutes out of creator and chief writer Bryan Turner’s busy schedule.

When will Devon Seas be returning to the boards?

We are currently in the planning stages for the third season, and aim to be done by the end of the month. Once The Beautiful Game has finished, expect a late September start date for Devon Seas.

Are you pleased with how season two turned out?

Yes, very pleased, we managed to fit a lot of storylines into the second series, perhaps too many. We build on the foundations of series one, and got to develop the characters a lot more, which was fun. One thing I felt season one lacked was consistency, you’d have a good storyline like the twins abduction, but then the show would go quite for long periods of time, season two I felt was non stop drama from start to finish.

What about the season finale cliffhanger?

It was a bold decision to get rid of Hilary in the prime of her evilness, but I decided I wanted her to go out on a high, characters like her can go stale very fast and I want her to be remembered as the queen bitch of Baymoore, not a shadow of her former self. The cliffhanger was a fitting tribute to a legendary character, the fans response to it was positive, I think it was a general success.

As you make the transition from series 2 to series 3, are there any noticeable changes?

Oh definitely, with the exit of Hilary the shows focus shifts a little bit. We’ve realised that the show has many more brilliant characters than just the Taylors, so they wont be the core of the show anymore, we will start relying on other characters to provide the drama, there will be more of an equal balance. In many ways season two seemed to tie up a lot of storylines, this was because I was contemplating ending the show at this point, but now it’s coming back, stronger than ever. As season 2 ended it seemed like everyone’s stories were reaching a happy end, with many characters finding closure, but season 3 isn’t going to be an easy ride for anyone. I’m gonna shake the foundations that have been set, no one is safe, nothing is for certain, infact we’re currently planning on splitting up one of the shows golden couples.

Sounds exciting, so can you give us a few spoilers about this season!?

Well you know me, I have a habit of spilling the beans to many of the fans, but this season I want to try and stay as tight lipped as possible. We have some explosive storylines planned, and if I told fans about them they’d loose the dramatic impact that we hope to achieve, but just the fans are a few titbits to keep them going until the season begins:

The Taylors

The Taylors have a lot to contend with this season, with the shock departure of Hilary and the fire at Jenkins Manor, the family is rocked to the core, and tensions are high between everyone, expect some conflict. Richard forms a close bond with an old friend, whilst Nick and Vicky’s relationship is put to the test when her postnatal depression becomes more prevalent. Plus there’s the Ashworths, they aren’t giving up yet.

The Andrews

With James gone, don’t expect the Andrews to frizzle away. I’ve realised they are a popular family and I intend to build on this my giving Val some new playmates to spice up her life, expect a gay best friend, a troublesome sister and a new love interest. Plus Claire finds herself attracted to one of Baymoore’s married men…

The Harveys

As season two-finished Leah shared a kiss with Stuart Kerrigan, so as the season begins where do her feelings lie? We are going to see Leah questioning her feelings for the two men in her life, there’s going to be many twists and turns in the saga, but surely Leah should know not to mess around with Craig by now?

The O Brians

With Amy’s dreams of having a baby dashed, the O Brians marriage is in tatters, Amy is on the brink of insanity, and Patrick doesn’t know where to turn. Amy will slowly develop an obsession with baby Nathan, resulting in dramatic consequences for all involved…

The Singhs

Following the dramatic confrontation at the cliff edge, every is asking questions about Kash’s death, will Iqbal and Sanjita be able to cover their tracks and get away with murder? They might be able to convince some people, but one person that wont believe their lies is Andonis, expect a lot of family tensions in the Singh household, and the solution to this – Granny Singh. She turns up to sort out the family, but ends up causing more troubles than she resolves, expect an Asian Blanche Hunt!

The Newmans

The Newmans are what I’m particularly excited about, they are a new family then join the show at the start of the season. I’ve never brought in a whole family in one go before so this is a brave and exciting decision. The family create an impression from day one, there’s some interesting characters in the family, but they are holding a dark secret, which will be shock both residents of Baymoore and fans alike. Expect the most controversial storyline in the shows history!

Devon Seas Sub Plot Scrapped

A Devon Seas sub-plot featuring Vicky's father has been scrapped, following the tragic death of soap legend Mike Reid.

Mike Ried, famous for playing Frank Butcher in BBC Soap Eastenders died on July 29th of a heart attack in his villa in Spain.

Mike was was set to appear as Geoff Mansfield, Vicky's long lost father. The storyline was due to tie in with the long awaited wedding of Vicky to long term love Nick Taylor. Geoff was set to reappear after walking out on Rebecca when Vicky was a baby.

"We'd had this storyline planned for a while, and Mike was the perfect choice to play the role of Geoff, a diamond geezer, the total opposite of upper class and snobbish Rebecca."

However after careful consideration the writers have decided to scrap the storyline in respect of Mike's death. As producer Bryan Turner told us

"Mike owned that part, he played it to perfection, and it wouldn't feel right bringing in a replacement actor at this stage to refilm the scenes. As of the moment, this storyline has been scrapped".

It's anyone's guess whether Geoff Mansfield will appear in Devon Seas in future played by a different actor. Watch this space.

Introducing The Newmans

Here is the first sneak peak at the new family that is set to rock the third season for Devon Seas later on this year.

The Newman family will be the new familiy to appear in Devon Seas since the start of the show. "Bringing them in, in one go is a brave move for the show, it's make or break whether the public will take to them".

The family is lead by the strong matriach Jacqui (Liz Jenkins), who is married to cab driver Paul (Daniel Ryan). Also part of the exciting new family are siblings Luke (Luke Roberts) Scott (Andrew Moss) and Hannah (April Pearson) from Paul's first marraige.

Although creator Bryan Turner is keeping tight lipped about this new family he did tell us this "The Newmans are a breath of fresh air to the show and will feature heavily in the first few months of the show".

"The family are extremley over-protective of one another, and come to Baymoore, in hope of running away from their past. They hide a dark secret which will be revealed later in the season resulting in devastating consequences for all involved".

Expect to see the Newmans arrive in Devon Seas, when the show returns for it's third season on Monday October 6th.
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-09-2007 at 13:16.

I'm so happy, I'm so happy

gonna change the bit under my name again
    Super Mod

Thread Information