Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airports

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    We use Schipnhol in Amsterdam..its nice and has a museum on premises.. has plenty of shopping,,,especially for those who have to make international flights..
    I love O Hare International in Chicago, Ill...cos it takes me right HOME

Have been to Zurich,Switzerland, Brussels, Belgium
    both of them are pretty nice places but boring ..too many exclusive and expensive shops,, ( has a Caviar deli LOL )

Hmmm airports, I just dont like them. The food is expensive and theres a certain smell that airports tend to have, i really dont like or maybe its just me.
    WE dont really use one airport. we just go whevever we can, depends. Mind you the airport in rhodes is soo small but its very busy

What's an airport? Never been on holiday in my life, but I'm petrified of heights so it's probably a good thing I've never had to set foot inside an airport.

Heathrow, though I think Gatwick is closest to me

Prestwick is to Scotland what Shannon is to Ireland.

Both were designated by government as international gateways in areas of high unemployment. All International flights entering or leaving the two countries had to enter and leave via these two points hopefully generating money for the local economy. Fortunately that has now changed as regards Prestwick which is like a timewarp of the sixties.

Most Aer Lingus transatlantic flights call at Shannon on either the outward or inward leg of the journey

The airports I use most are Belfast International or Dublin.

I would have to say that my most favourite airports would be Atlanta in USA and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

i live just down the road from manchester, i have always used that one, just because where i go to there are direct flights. i have to say it's the best one ive been to shopping wise, but maybe not the prettiest!

We use gatwick most,although heathrow is closer to me

I mostly use Manchesters, excpet been to Gatwick and Heathrow, Liverpool John Lennon, and Birmingham.

Heathrows got the best shops Wouldn't like to go to Terminal 5 though!! Gatwick is good. Stanstead is awful, always the early flights and it takes an hour to get there! I call it the flatpack airport Been to Luton once. It was after the 9/11 attacks and there were police patrolling the airports with huge machine guns! :S

Ive been using Manchester more recently, though last time I went most of the shops were closed, it felt empty!!

Thread Information