Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeeling like EastEnders again

Feeeling like EastEnders again

I must say the show is on a role again. The past two months worth of episodes have been positively brilliant. Everything from the sneaky going ons between Lucy & her troublemaking boyfriend to knowing the psychotic little toad owns a gun, Samantha Janus looking like she owns the Queen Vic, and then ultimately the fantastic scene where Rob Kazinsky acted his socks off as he dwelled on his time in the army. I've never been a fan of this actor because I never liked the character of Sean Slater however after seeing his face turn purple as he expressed how the adrenelin used to pump through his blood whilst on duty, I'll be sitting up and taking notice from now on. He hooked you into the scene in such a way that you actually could believe he was in the army.

I think the casting makes such a difference> The new guy for example is perfect in his role whereas a character like Sean just doesnt work for me. The actor isnt great and the character is cliched to the point of irritation.

But the storylines are currently working well, it feels like they removed the rust and now the wheels are beginning to turn. Finally.

I have to say I am enjoying it far more than any other soap at the moment and actually look forward to it. Even my Dad has discovered an interest in EE (the last time that peaked was around Den's comeback). The culmination of the (simply has to be a classic one day IMO) Stella storyline has bought with it great scripts, superb acting, a good balance of some much needed humour and an interesting debut for two new Mitchells.
    I just hope they can keep this improvement up, as atm it all feels spot on!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarlD For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (12-08-2007), Kim (12-08-2007)

I agree there was a point where it had become absolute drivel, but I think it really improved with the introduction of Stella and her abuse towards Ben. That storyline was wonderfully handled and Sophie Thompson, Charlie Jones, Steve McFadden and Barbara Windsor all acted their socks off. Her exit was must see tv, and the introduction of the new Mitchell sisters has been great. They bring alot of comedy and freshness to the show, and their sparring with Ian and Jane has been very amusing. The new addition in Jase looks promising and the Lucy and Craig storyline is building up to big things. And the attack on Patrick has been well handled and Lacey Turner and Robert Kaplinsky have both been fantastic the last week. And with other top additions coming to the show Long may it continue to improve.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

I have to agree. This week has been a great week for EE. I think every week has been good since wedding week with Stella and Phil and in my opinion, EE haven't done a load of good weeks in a row for ages. There used to be good weeks mixed with really bad weeks full of bad storylines and characters we didn't really care about. But for the past few weeks, i've found every week of EE to be enjoyable and that's simply because there are characters and storylines in the show now that i care about and really enjoy.

Diedrick Santer deserves a medal for getting the soap back on top. Im so glad that the show is more focused on familys again. Im also pleased that the Mitchells are being seen as the main family again with the Beales not far behined. And if i may add not a god damn gangstar in site well done Eastenders

Agree. I more or less totally gave up on 'Enders but I've slowly started watching it again and have been enjoying it. Most of the characters seem much more 'real' to me and I'm pleased that they are focusing on the families (and not just the Mitchells and the Slaters) - the Brannings and Beales have really come into their own as families now instead of being
    constantly sidelined.

Oh and I agree about the gangster thing. I really hope they have learned from the past there. Nothing wrong with dodgy characters with criminal intentions (i.e Steve Owen types) but the gangster thing has never really worked, and is quite frankly, boring.
    Last edited by Florijo; 21-08-2007 at 11:39.

I never stopped watching EE.. don't think I ever will but now instead of watching the time to see how long left, I am glued to what is happening and don't even notice the time going by.. Well done EE for pulling their socks up
    Super Mod

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (22-08-2007)

I agree, I mean I have to admit im still on back to the way I always was by watching it all the time, but since Ive been away and then come back and watched it, I do feel like its getting realy good again and im not bored when I watched it, which is how I felt a while back

I must admit I am hoping that eastenders stays good. I wonder what will happen when peggy comes back with phil and ben

It's starting to get that feel good factor about it, where I actually want to watch it again. It's been like that since Max and Tanya came back in early July.

Most to the characters I really enjoy, all the newbies seem to have settled in and found their ground, good storylines going on at the moment and the potential for some other good storylines.

I'm even warming to Keith and Mickey! But what's happened to Daren & Libby!?

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post

I'm even warming to Keith and Mickey! But what's happened to Daren & Libby!?
    Darren is at his mothers for the Summer,he will be back (or should be back) when school starts again and Libby is hovering around the place (not like a ghost kinda of hovering)
    Super Mod

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Bryan (22-08-2007)

Thread Information