Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Returns to UK Screens

Alex Returns to UK Screens

From www.homeandaway.com.au

Look who's back!

Fan favourite Alex is back in the Bay this week… But what’s he hiding?

Siblings... They’re a blessing and a curse, right? No one else can make you lose your mind with frustration at their stinky bathroom/TV watching habits, but when it comes to the crunch, it’s not always such bad thing to have someone to watch over you. Last week Jack stuck his neck out for brother Luc while Kit helped Matilda see that Ric wasn’t such a bad guy.

And now the winds of change have bought back a welcome face to the salty, summery Bay, all the way from Greece – Leah’s bro, Alex Poulos! For those who missed last week’s episodes (shame!) we’ll get the gorgeous Ada to fill you in on why she had to jet over to Greece in the first place…

“Leah gets a call from Alex saying that he’s been wrongly detained,” explains the petite beauty. “He’s got some prescription drugs and the custom guy tries to bribe him. She eventually gets him off after a lot of red tape and he comes back here and stays in the city, and then a couple of days later he rocks up as well! Her and Alex have always been extremely close, so she’s very excited to have him here in the Bay.”

But actor Danny Raco reveals there’s more to it than just a friendly family visit... “He got in trouble in Greece and he then just carried on the trouble back home. Quite unrecognisable really, because Alex was always a very good brother and very attached to his family. He came back having lost some of those morals...”

Indeed he did. It’s not long before surreptitious phone-calls are being made, money borrowed, lies told… what’s going on!? One word: DRUGS! “He’s acting a bit abnormal,” Ada says, “but Alex goes though stages where he’s a bit abnormal, so she doesn’t think much of it. And it isn’t until a couple of weeks later when finds out that VJ’s found the drugs.”

Wowsers! Talk about good boy gone bad! What on earth made him go to the dark side? (He does something bad to Leah that we can't reveal yet) “I don’t know, I honestly think it’s really out of character,” admits Ada. “Alex and Leah were very close and I never would have imagined that Alex would ever do this to Leah. Dan and I actually found it really hard to play. My brother and I are as close as Alex and Leah, and my brother would never do that to me!”

Sounds intriguing – we won’t be missing a minute! But drugs and acts of sisterly betrayal aside, we were supercurious to find out exactly what Danny had been up to in the years absent from Summer Bay. It turns out he’s been doing much the same as his character – backpacking round the world!

“I went to Italy, was there for four months and then went to South America,” Danny recalls with a smile. “That was a real eye-opener. I’d lived quite a sheltered experience in developed countries up until that point. It was really interesting to see other realities. Pretty harsh realities - just absolute poverty, especially in the more rural areas. It’s a good wake-up call, it helps you not to take things for granted. Especially in this country, Australia, we’re just so lucky. A trip like that really makes you aware of that.”

And after his stint back in the Bay (which he describes as being “really surreal – everything was the same, but everything was different!” What’s next for the laidback Danny?

“I’d like to give directing a go,” he reveals. “To have any chance of being a successful director you’ve got to have a lot of life experience, so basically the travelling was the first chapters of my life experience. Up till now I’ve been lucky working on shows like Home and Away, but the other side to that is that I haven’t really had a chance to get out and about do what a lot of people my age have done which is travel which I think is imperative anyone our age to do.”

Keep an eye on the credits, you may see Danny's name up there one day, as he is training as a Director with the Home and Away crew.
    Last edited by Abigail; 08-08-2007 at 16:14.

G'day. Dont know if yu heard there or not but at one stage they too were a real life couple....And the reason for this storyline was for Ada to get married to her last boyfriend. Ada and her new husband went to Greece for their honeymoon. Also, both Danny Raco and Rachel Gordon (Drews mum Jazz) were in the last 2 seasons of Blue Heelers. He was uniform, she a D.

Oh and Alex wont be on for long either. He does manage to chase Cassie. Do you want to know what happens? (as in why he leaves again) I wont tell you if you dont want to know.

I read that they were a couple in real life and they got loads of stick cause everyone was saying they were brother and sister
    Super Mod

Smile

They did. (see I can do short posts....hehehe) Thats my record for short too
    - not to mention condensing....

I tricked myself then. I didnt mean to post it yet. Ive been meaning to ask you - what is a moderator and what do you do? And... how do I include Post Icons the question mark? I clicked onto the bit where you select whatever you want, but my Question Mark didnt work. Actually nothing did. I got this smilie from the bit included in the message part - but that one dosnt have a Q/M

And how does one do the spoiler bit? (ie the shading bit)

Is Danny and Ada still a couple off screen?

Quote Originally Posted by DetBarb View Post
    I tricked myself then. I didnt mean to post it yet. Ive been meaning to ask you - what is a moderator and what do you do? And... how do I include Post Icons the question mark? I clicked onto the bit where you select whatever you want, but my Question Mark didnt work. Actually nothing did. I got this smilie from the bit included in the message part - but that one dosnt have a Q/M

here is a list of site rules: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=223
    Mods just help out on the boards, close duplicate post etc.

This is a guide on posting : http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=27

Also to get spoiler, when you click on reply or new thread, there is a toolbar along the top with bold, underline etc.. at the end of that you will see a bubble with Spoil in it.. that is how you get the tags. Paste your quote between these two tags
    Super Mod

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

DetBarb (09-08-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    No. Ada married a Greek restaurater about 7 (?) months ago. Thats why Alex is back - because in real life, Ada went to Greece for her honeymoon, so to write her out Leah went to Greece to help Alex out and so brought him back with her.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DetBarb For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-08-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    No. Ada married a Greek restaurater about 7 (?) months ago. Thats why Alex is back - because in real life, Ada went to Greece for her honeymoon, so to write her out Leah went to Greece to help Alex out and so brought him back with her.

I remember reading that Danny and Ada went out ages ago

When you go to post a new post hover over the icons on the message tool bar and they will tell you what they are for.
    If you want to post spoilers you can also do [SPOILER.]enter your text here[/SPOILER.] but without the . before the last bracket. Its sometimes quicker to do that because the spoiler button isn't on quick reply. You do the same for quote, replacing SPOILER for QUOTE.

You haven't told us how Alex leaves. Tell all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

DetBarb (10-08-2007)

Thread Information