Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do i let them sleep over????

Do i let them sleep over????

Ok bit of urgent advice needed here. My son and his friend and their 2 girlfriends have bribed me into taking them to Drayton Manor tomorrow. My son and his friend are 13 and the girls are 12. It's a 250 mile round trip so we have to set off early in the morning. They want the girls to stay over so we can set off first thing. I have a spare room so they can stay in seperate rooms.....girls in 1....boys in another. My mother has gone spare at the idea and said they shouldn't be staying over as it's not right. What would you do?

Id let them stay over but girls in one room and boys in the other, speak to the girls mums and see if they are ok with that? hoep yu have fun tomorrow

I wouldn't allow it unless you have a way of making sure that they can't get into the other room, like telling them the whole trip's off if you catch them anywhere near the other room, if you think that would work.

they are 12 and 13, in seperate rooms, I can't see any harm at all Rain.. Your mother might be a bit old fashioned and from what I know about puberty, boys don't show a major interest in anything like that until 15 ish.. (unless it is getting younger over the years). I mean you are there to supervise so what is the harm
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Cornishbabe View Post
    Id let them stay over but girls in one room and boys in the other, speak to the girls mums and see if they are ok with that? hoep yu have fun tomorrow
    The girls mom's are ok with the seperate bedroom thing. Maybe i'm being my mother and being prudish

I've said they can play together on the xbox till 11pm then it's bedtime for all of them (although allowing them to stay up all night would ensure me a quiet journey )
    Last edited by Rain_; 08-08-2007 at 14:44.

As long as they are in seperate rooms and there is no chance of them "getting together" then they should be ok. Warn them before hand that there's to be no funny business or the whole thing is off and you'll tell their parents.

I don't see there being any harm in having the girls in one room and the boys in the other Rain. As long as all the parents are happy with the arrangement they'll be happy enough to play the computer until 11.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

My brother is the same age as your son and my mum after much urming and awhing she decided to let my brother go to a sleepover which his girlfriend was going to at the time, and they were all in the same tent! I'm sure they'll be fine, especially as they are in seperate rooms
    Last edited by Layne; 08-08-2007 at 16:55.

Thanks for the advice guys....they are currently driving me mad and have managed to break a double bed by jumping on it !!!!!!!

I hope you have enough beds left for them all! If you want to quieten them down, you could always tell them they'll be leaving for Drayton Manor later if the noise level doesn't decrease.

Thread Information