Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beautiful Game - 8 Part Series

Ahhh Wow, just watched the trailer, looks great. Roll on the 9th of July, I can't wait.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

Episode 1.1

Scene 1

We see the two new presenters, excitedly reporting the breaking news about Halesowen United FC's takeover bid.

Newsreader: News just coming in of the new owner of Halesowen United FC. Former Lions' captain, and manager of several clubs including Chester Rangers and Northfield Town, Micheal Aston, has brought the club in a rumoured 62 million takeover bid from former chairman Dave Maison.

Newsreader 2: This comes as promising news to the premiership club, who have seen a rapid decent down the league table this season, and managed to survive a relegation battle by the skin of their teeth...

INTERCUT:

EXT. HALESOWEN STADIUM - DAY

The newsreader's voice is heard over shots of Micheal's Rolls Royce driving through the gates of Halesowen Stadium.

Newsreader 2: Aston, a former captain of the team, was the fan's favourite to take over at the club, and many see this as a turning point in the Club's history - a new era for the Lions...

The fans cheer as Micheal gets out the car with wife Jenny, smiling for the cameras and waving to the crowd.

INTERCUT:

INT. MICHEAL'S OFFICE - DAY

Micheal and Jenny walk into the chairmain's office. Micheal looks around, nodding his head in approval at the decor. He takes off his coat and scarf and looks out of the window, out onto the pitch, a big smile over his face.

Micheal: This it is Jen, we've made it...

Jenny: I don't see what the big fuss is about, it's just a football club...

Micheal: No, it's more than that...this club was what made me, and now I'm going to give something back...

Jenny: 64 Million!? I could think of better things to spend the money on!

Micheal: I'm sure you could...but this is an investment, we're gonna get this club back where it belongs, at the top of the Premiership.

Jenny is now lounged on the leather sofa flicking through Heat magazine, clealry unimpressed by Micheal's inspirational speech.

Micheal: We can forget about the past...it's time to move...today is the first day of the rest of our lives...and from where I'm standing the future is looking pretty bloody rosey
    Last edited by Bryan; 09-07-2007 at 12:02.

Fabby stuff, good start cant wait to read more

Sig dedicated to Charley

Great start! Can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Scene 2

INT. McCAN'S HOUSE - DAY

Home to Colin and Faith McCan, the captain and his wife. Colin is sat in his den, sat on the sofa, watching Sky Sports News.

Newsreader 2: Aston, a former captain of the team, was the fan's favourite to take over at the club, and many see this as a turning point in the Club's history - a new era for the Lions...

Colin turns the volume down as Faith walks into the room, wearing designer clothes, dressed up to the nines.

Faith: Heya babe, not having any breakfast?

Colin: I dont think I could stomach any...

Faith sees that Colin is distressed, she sits down beside him, and starts to stroke him.

Faith: Whats up babe? Something troubling you?

Colin: Yeah that... (indicates to the TV) I never thought Dave would sell up...he promised me he'd not jump ship...

Faith: Buisness is buisness at the end of the day babe, if the club carried on the way it was, he'd be in the bankrupcy courts by the end of next season...

Colin: I know, but he could have stayed and tried to turn things around...

Faith: I know you thought highly of him, but perhaps a change of ownership will do the club some good...

Colin: The club yeah, but what about me eh?

Faith: What d'ya mean?

Colin: I'm 36 babe, approaching retirment, what if Aston decides he wants a change in the squad? That'll be me shipped off to some 3rd devision team...

Faith: Don't be so stupid Col', everything will be okay...

Colin: (Uncertain) Really?

Faith: You're one of the best players in the Premiership, you're captain for a reason, he'd be a bloody fool to drop you, there'd be riots from the fans...

Colin: I suppose you're right...

Faith: There's no supposed about it, I always am...just give him a chance eh babe?

Faith gets up, looks at heself in the mirror, sorting out her hair.

Faith: Now come on, you best get off to training, show Aston what you're made off...I'm gonna hit Oxford Street

Faith kisses Colin goodbye before leaving. Colin is left alone, a look of worry and uncertainty on his face...
    Last edited by Bryan; 10-07-2007 at 10:56.

Fab again i hope he doesnt get dropped

Sig dedicated to Charley

Scene 3

INT. MICHEAL'S OFFICE - DAY

Micheal is in his office, pacing the room, lording it over the current manager Lewis Allen, who is sat down, looking a nervous wreck.

Micheal: Give me one good reason why I should keep you here at 'The Lions' Lewis?

Lewis: Look it wasn't my fault...when you're dealing with a **** team out on the pitch, it's impossible...

Micheal: Oh don't talk rot to me mate, you having a giraffe? There's some of the best players in the Premiership in this squad, so it makes me wonder what's going wrong in this operation...

Lewis: For god's sake Micheal, they're a bunch of pre-madonnas, more focused on their ad campaigns and WAG wifes than doing their job properly!

Micheal: And it's your job as the manager to sort them out! You've been here 4 years, and each year the team's ended up lower down the table! Seems to me you're shifting the blame onto the team, when the fact of the matter is you couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery!

Lewis: Now listen here mate...

Micheal: No you listen, I'm in charge around here now, not that loser Dave Maison, he might be happy having some doughnut manage the team into relegation, but I aint... you're dead wood Allen, I've seen better manager potential in a bloody creche!

Lewis: You firing me then!?

Micheal: Too damn right I am my son. If you gave as much effort to football management as you give to chatting bull, then you might still have a job... now come on, on your bike, I've got a club to run...

Lewis: I would say it's been a pleasure, but it hasn't...

Micheal: Whatever...tell your replacement to come in on your way out...

Lewis leaves the room, clearly fuming.

Micheal:... Bloody mug.

Charlie Nelson, knocks on the door, and cautiously walks into the room.

Charlie: (Jokes) Is it safe to enter the warzone, or am I gonna get my head bitten off?

Micheal gets up and gives Charlie a warm greeting, it's clear they are old freinds.

Micheal: Charlie, me old mucker, good to see you, hows things?

Charlie: Yeah i'm great ta, same can't be said for Allen...

Micheal: Oh he deserved what was coming to him, can I get you a drink?

Charlie: If there's one going...

Micheal heads to the drinks cabinet, to pour them both a drink.

Micheal: Take a seat Charlie, make yourself at home...

Charlie: I couldn't believe it when I heard you'd brought the club...

Micheal: Yeah well, you know me Charlie, I'm a Lions boy at heart, always have been...

Micheal hands Charlie his drink, he walks towards his desk and sits down.

Charlie: You could have picked a better club though, it's hardly top of the table is it?

Micheal: It will be, come the end of the season. We've got some good players...and a fair bit of moolah stashed away, given the right management we'll be laughing...

Charlie: We?

Micheal: Me and you Charlie...I want you to be the new manager of this place...

Charlie: You want me to be manager!? Seriously!?

Micheal: In all these years in the game, never have I meet such a bloody good manager, I'd been a damn shame if you didn't come on bored, I really need your help...

Charlie: Well it'd be an honour to work alongside you Micheal...

Micheal: Fan-bloody-tastic, d'ya know what, forget the scotch...let's crack open a bottle of bubbly...together we're gonna make sure we get the Lions into Europe this season
    Last edited by Bryan; 09-07-2007 at 12:58.

Fab again not liking Michael right now but im sure things will change

Sig dedicated to Charley

good opening, he should ship out Colin, 36 is well past it. I can see the WAGs causing trouble.

This is better than Footballers Wives lol.

Thread Information