Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naomi

Naomi

From http://seven.com.au/homeandaway

Shot at 2007-08-04

Shot at 2007-08-04

There’s a fresh new face in Summer Bay… Meet Naomi Preston, aka Tiffany Preece!

Warm, creative and intuitive, Naomi Preston is a gifted writer who inspires all who interact with her – and that includes the Bay’s resident Shakespeare, Lucas Wakefield (his surname is actually Holden) … Having recently graduated with a teaching degree in English, she meets our boy Luc while tutoring him at the Youth Writer’s Circle. Cupid took aim, and bingo bango: the pair formed an intense attraction, with Naomi believing Luc was in fact a university student. Who’da thought Nice Guy Lucas could be so scheming!?

So when Naomi arrives, bright eyed and bushy-tailed, on Summer Bay’s doorstep, as the latest addition to the staff at Summer Bay High, it’s not long before Lucas’ lies are exposed, and Naomi realises he’s going to be in her English class! She promptly dismisses the idea of a relationship with him – after a hot pash of course! – but is this really the end of the line for the two lovebirds? And what’s this we hear about Tony turning to Naomi for comfort? We’re betting Lucas isn’t gonna like that friendship one little bit…

Like her on-screen counterpart, Tiffany Preece has similarly been thrown head first into the craziness of Summer Bay. The actress had been in New York doing a play when she found out she had won the part, after originally auditioning for the role of Rachel as well as Hayley’s replacement. “I had almost given up on the whole acting thing,” the gorgeous blonde recalls. “I’d just gotten a tattoo, and then I got the call! Now I have to have it covered up with make-up each day!” The lesson there? Never, ever give up!

An old Uni friend of Sharni Vinson (Cassie), Tiffany isn’t just an old hand onstage and screen: she’s got a BA Masters in Media Practise. But even those gruelling deadlines and workload can’t prepare you for life in the Bay. “On my second day I had to do a bikini scene in front of about 100 people,” she explains. “It was scary, but I guess it goes with the territory!”

Tiffany describes Naomi as “fresh out of uni, and really excited about teaching the kids at Summer Bay, even if she is only four years older than them.” This closeness in age is something the eager Lucas uses to beg Naomi to consider a relationship with him. She refuses, on the grounds it could jeopardise her career, also reeling from the fact that Lucas lied to her while they were seeing each other at the Writer’s Retreat.

Luc, however looks like he’s going to put up a fight for the woman he’s fallen for. “I like you and you like me,” he states. “Age only matters if we let it.” Married couple Kim and Rachel have a considerable age difference in their relationship. Only time will tell if Lucas and Naomi will get it together or not…

I don't know why the image on the website came in two bits.

Has Tony just made the biggest mistake of his life?

From the same place:

Shot at 2007-08-04

Shot at 2007-08-04

When it comes to Summer Bay, there’s no shortage of big, life-changing, I-can’t-believe-you-seriously-just-did-that!! moments. Whether they’re illicit, illegal or just plain inane, the lazy beachside town certainly houses good people who do bad things. And this week, we have a new member joining the ranks of the hapless and the hopeless. Come on down, Mr Tony Holden!

Previously on Home and Away: In a shocking twist of events, the kind and caring Beth Hunter was killed in a car accident, en route home from her adventures in Europe. Cue family breakdown. New mother Kit and youngest daughter Matilda lose their mother, Lucas and Jack a surrogate Mum, the rest of the Bay a friend, and Tony, his soulmate.

In the grief-stricken days that follow, Tony tries to come to turn with his loss by opening up to Bay newcomer, English teacher Naomi Preston. Tony is under the impression the attractive, sympathetic blonde was Lucas’ tutor at the Writer’s Retreat he recently returned from. She was, but their relationship ran far deeper than ‘just friends’ – Lucas and Naomi had a fling thing, sch-wing!! Luc isn’t over the woman who’s now his teacher and deadset against any kind of relationship. So what could be the biggest mistake Tony could possibly make right about now? You guessed it: jumping in the sack with Ms Preston herself!

Oh Tony. In the days that follow, not only does the big man suss his son’s REAL relationship history, but as we all know, secrets don’t stay that way for long in the Bay… This is one mistake that’s set to have massive repercussions for many residents of the Bay…

We spoke to actor Jon Sivewright about playing this controversial storyline

Q. So was it tough playing such a touchy storyline with Naomi?
    A. Nah, she’s gorgeous! [laughs] Seriously, I thought it was actually really good and really truthful. Suddenly, the stranger comes along, you feel able to talk to somebody and something happens. In a way it was disappointing from the character’s perspective not work with someone like that longer. It would have been an interesting storyline to have played. Obviously they’ve done a lot of ‘younger guy, older woman’ things, but to do it the other way around is very borderline on how far you can go - she would probably be the youngest.

Q. So it felt quite realistic to you?
    A. I thought it was really interesting and really realistic because that’s the reality that 40-year old blokes who are thrown into that environment of loss. You immediately revert back to what you used to remember about how you used to deal with girls and the last time was generally around that age group. You suddenly go, ‘Well they’re the girls I like because they’re the ones I used to look at’.

Q. Because you can still feel exactly the same inside…
    A. And particularly as I think that the women nowadays are so much more advanced. The 20-year olds now are far more advanced that the blokes at 20. And know more about what they’re doing and how to present themselves, I think that’s what gets me.

do you want to know what happens? - it also involves sally and brad..?

Quote Originally Posted by DetBarb View Post
    do you want to know what happens? - it also involves sally and brad..?
    tell all!! Please!!.. we haven't a clue over here..
    Super Mod

Ok. here we go. Well first off both Lucas and Naomi did the wrong thing.

While at the writers camp, in which he told Naomi he was at uni, they had a fling. He especially thought he wouldnt get caught in a lie.

Imagine his shock and disbelief to find her at the Bay as the next English teacher. Sprung. When she discovered Lucas's true age she did all she could to disuade him - to no avail. Next comes Beth's death - and so comes Tony's fling with Naomi. Naomi leaves - Jack tells her to leave as she is breaking up the family. Brad, just after offering her a f/t position there instead tells her to leave. She does - under sufference - and threats. Says she will - but not before the department hears about how he treated her!!!....

Fast forward a few weeks....Naomi is back, and has made good on her promise to tell the Department what Brad did - but her version of it. She has lied and told the Department that Brad removed her but not before he knew of the fling - which is opposite of what happened. (actually i'm a bit hazy on the exact timing of the details but Naomi definately lied about what Brad did/when he did them).

The gist of it is is that the dept believed Naomi. And so suspended him/stood him down as Principal - and made Sally Acting Principal. When she came back for a few days it emerged that Naomi wanted to save her fledging teaching career - and the dept would believe him and not her - or so she presumed. Then there was a town meeting to discuss Brad (?) Along with a Dept rep. (and the new farm family were there too. Pop caused a stir by saying that Sally and Brad were living in sin (which the Dept rep didnt know (ie that they were living together). Because Sally gaving Brad a glowing report to the Dep Rep. Again the exact timing of the details are a bit hazy but thats what happened. And so for the past few weeks Brad has been house bound awaiting pending notice. Then about 2 weeks ago, Sally gets a call to say that Brad cant be back as Principal - but can still teach. And she is still Acting Principal till further notice. Then about 10 days ago, Don Fisher arrived, and asked for a job. Sally rang the Dept, and offered Don his old job back.

So there you have it. By the way Ive been doing this while listening to H & A...tomorrows ep will say who's pregnant. I'll tell you tomorrow. night.
    Im actually wondering if they could be alluding to Sally - but it cant be her as she had ovarian cancer, and had her eggs frozen, and Leah carried baby Pippa for her. Im still saying its Maddy. Unless its Belle? Or Cassie (?)

By the way Ive been doing this while listening to H & A...tomorrows ep will say who's pregnant. I'll tell you tomorrow. night.
    Im actually wondering if they could be alluding to Sally - but it cant be her as she had ovarian cancer, and had her eggs frozen, and Leah carried baby Pippa for her. Im still saying its Maddy. Unless its Belle? Or Cassie (?)
    Read my last post here to find out who is pregnant http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=68164

You beat me! So its Emma Hmmmm. Indianna Evans and the girl who plays Emma were a few years ago on another show called Snobs. Emma was one.
    the show title was a play on words. The boy lead has a dog called ...Snobs.
    The girl who plays Emma was a bit of a problem kid. She wanted Indianna Evans character all to herself. She was a loner. And not very popular.

Emma on H & A turned up about 2-3 years ago - very spasmodically.

Did you get that info (that its Emma) from the H & A site?

forget that last question. I didnt read the addy properly.

You beat me! So its Emma Hmmmm. Indianna Evans and the girl who plays Emma were a few years ago on another show called Snobs. Emma was one.
    the show title was a play on words. The boy lead has a dog called ...Snobs.
    The girl who plays Emma was a bit of a problem kid. She wanted Indianna Evans character all to herself. She was a loner. And not very popular.
    I used to watch Snobs. Was the girl (Emma) the really posh girl or the gypsy one?

the really posh one. she didnt really have any friends and so claimed indiana as her only friend - and didnt like her to have any other friends other than her. Actually the girl who played the gypsey has actually been in H & A a while ago. I almost didnt recognise her. straight dark hair, dark lippy. all I recognised was the voice. I keep wanting to see the boy lead who played Marion. (maybe the creator/scriptwriter/editor liked John Wayne - the late US western actor (if alive he'd be close to 100 now - his real name was apparently Marion.

Did you see all the episodes? My fave was the last. Especially the last scene - it was the best scene of the whole show and well worth waiting for.

Thread Information