Thread: Linda Thorson to leave Emmerdale

Linda Thorson to leave Emmerdale

Emmerdale actress Linda Thorson is to bow out of the ITV soap later this year after 17 months with the show.

The 60-year-old - who plays scheming Rosemary King in the Yorkshire-based soap - will leave the Dales at the culmination of her current storyline which sees her character attempting to make daughter-in-law Perdy Hyde-Sinclair (Georgia Slowe) believe she's mentally unstable in a bid to force her out of her son Grayson's (Christopher Villiers) life.

Speaking of the departure, Series Producer Kathleen Beedles said: “The character of Rosemary has been integral to storylines over the past year but will be leaving the village next month as the storyline draws to a natural conclusion.”

Linda finishes filming this week and her final scenes are due to be broadcast at the end of September.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-08-2007), janet53 (15-08-2007), samantha nixon (03-08-2007), tammyy2j (17-08-2007)

I for one will be sorry to see her go. She played the part of the uberbitch to perfection.(PK take note of how it should be done) I hope she takes Larry with her as I cant stand him.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (03-08-2007)

I'm glad shes leaving but then im not, as at the minute I cant stand the storyline to with her and perdi, but I loved her in all the other storylines she has had.
    Hopefully she will be in more programmes soon

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

I quite like this storyline with her and Perdy, i've not heard anything about how it all ends so i'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Its something thats starting to get me interested in the show again
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I will sad to see her leave the dales. She has a panto wicked step mother look about her that there should be a bolt of lightning everytime she appears on screen,and the insults thrown between her and Mattthew King have been great. She has certainly brought a breath of fresh air to the show and proved she outdo any the other actresses who have tried to be the superbitch.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I can't wait to see how this storyline ends - i've really enjoyed all the twist and turns. Now Perdy has been sectioned there isn't alot for Rosemary to do now - I just hope Perdy manages to get her own back on her and Grayson see her for what she really is. Although I can't stand the chracter, I love the storyline and she plays the character brilliantly.

i hope awful gay son grayson leaves with her

Thread Information