Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Fisher question

Don Fisher question

What brings Don Fisher back to Summer Bay?

Placing this in Spoilers as it hasn't happen in the UK yet.. I would also like to know what brings him back.. anyone know??
    Super Mod

I think Brad get fired as principal and Sally doesn't take the job so they ask Donald to return for a while

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Jeremy (31-07-2007)

He and his wife lost all their money in some scam and they split up, so he decided to come back to the bay and teach again.

Is his wife still June? They made a sweet couple.

Yeah I think that was her name, from what I can gather he is now skint and he has returned to teaching to save some money so he can visit Marilyn who has cancer

Don Fisher return

I dont know exactly why Don is back but seeing how Kate Ritchie won the gold logie here in may (what a coincidence - the same time as Romania...)
    my theory is they are bringing him back because the show will soon celebrate 20 years. He was also an original character along with Alf, the Fletcher foster kids, Ailsa and a couple called Merv and Floss who were old circus/vaudeville performers. I keep hoping they will also return Justine Clarke who played Martha's birth mother. They brought back actor Gerald Sont who played her birth father. He's a mult imillionaire who's family own the Sands Resort at the Bay. In the first year when Roo and sallys foster brother Frank were about to be married, at the altar, it came out that he wasnt Roos babys (Martha's) father - but the other guy was.

They returned Pippa again about 3 weeks ago. She's my equal fave with Sally. But Pippa only stayed 2 nights. This storyline could be also linked to the removal of Brad. As I said previously, Chris Sandrinna (what a hunk) who plays him was asked to leave because he quite often came to work unprepared for filming. I only found that out myself about 3 weeks ago via the internet. I dont know whether or not you heard that last year the show/producer (who used to be an actor on H&A - played Mitch McColl a foster child of alf and Ailsa years ago) created a storm of controversy by insinuating that Sally was leaving when she got stabbed? Even I was confused. I dont know if the show would survive if Sally and Alf left.

Kate has said she isnt leaving - in fact that was indirectly mentioned in her acceptance speech when she won the Gold and Silver Logies.

I didnt even hear that Don was returning - till he did. But how long he stays is anyones guess. I was never a fan of his. Too autocratic for my liking. Its a wonder he and Sally are friends. She is sensitive and he isnt.

By the way, as for Maddie it wouldnt surprise me if she is pregnant. Because the beginning of the year a synopsis said a suprise baby for a teen. My first thought was Maddie - then I though of Martha - but I think she is meant to be 20. By the way Sharni Vinson who plays Cassie, Maddies best friend, is amost 24 in real life. - 4-5 years younger than Kate Ritchie...

Hope that helps somewhat? If any other info is wanted just ask and I'll do my best to inform.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DetBarb For This Useful Post:

Hopes (13-08-2007), Jeremy (03-08-2007), Katy (03-08-2007), Siobhan (03-08-2007), tammyy2j (03-08-2007)

Cheers DetBarb.. lots of info here.. I like Don Fisher and I like the relationship he has with Sally.. You are right, the show wouldn't be the same without Alf or Sally and it is a real shame Brad is leaving.
    Super Mod

yeah alot of info. I didnt know Fisher was returning but i always like it when he does, the episdoes always extra special, like they have made more of an effort.

Has Don returned to your screen yet?
    The storm around Sally being fatally stabbed was deliberate. It would spoil the whole season cliffhanger and beginning of the new series if it was publicised that she didn't actually die.

Thread Information