Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jase Dyer

I didn't know Jase had been stabbed until Billy told Garry I had no idea how he had died but I cried (mainly because of Jay though)..
    No violence showed whatsoever?!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I was sort of waiting for this to show up, and who ever has BBC on their speed dial never fails to disappoint me
    Hmmm lemme think do stab wounds cause bleeding, heck yea, do most stab wounds cause death ?? Not always.. I am sure that Jase's wound was deadly ( nicked an aorta perhaps and bled out ,,, hee hee can ya tell I watch those medical shows LOL ) or he wouldn't have died,,
    How in the hell do these phone calling whiners think people die of a violent death ?? Or how do people die any ways,, no death is pretty nor nice,, for heavens sake people death is a part of life get over it,, violent or other wise. If every program SUGAR COATED things just to please those phone calling whiners we would have absolutely NOTHING to watch on TV of interest Oh then they will complain things were too sugar coated, theres no pleasing some of those folks ,,
    Ok that is my 2 euro cents worth on this

Oh why am I not surprised?

I agree, I just thought he'd been badly beaten up. I did have tears in my eyes watching him die but that was mostly due to the way they handled it so realistically where we saw Jase dreaming about Jay and then holding his hand out to him and his hand hanging by his side on the trolley. I also had a lot of sympathy for Jay watching the episode as we know that he has already lost his mum and gran, and that Bert has wandered off.

Quite frankly I think there'd have been more grounds to complain when Dennis was stabbed - with him it was obvious and watching him die was worse than Jase's as we only really saw the machine go to the continuous beep. Both emotional deaths nonetheless.
    Last edited by Kim; 01-09-2008 at 20:33.

Soap stabbing ruled ok

OFCOM has ruled that the violent scene depicting EastEnders character Jase Dyer being stabbed was acceptable for a family audience.
    The scene, aired on August 28, showed ex-footie thug Jason being stabbed in the chest by his old gang leader Terry Bates.

But despite a flood of viewer complaints, the broadcast regulator has concluded the episode was not too gory for a pre-watershed audience, as the violence was "implied rather than explicit".

Ofcom received 45 complaints, while the Beeb garnered 134 over the episode.

Currently under investigation is a later episode, which saw Tony King snogging his 15-year-old step-daughter Whitney Dean. Ofcom received 41 complaints, and the BBC received 163 against the same episode.

However, the plotline has been developed in association with kids' charity, the NSPCC.

From The Sun

Thank god!!!!
    We knew it wasnt really shown anyway, like article says it was implied

does terry's ex missus not know billy and jay?

Thread Information