Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Eastenders that crap?

Quote Originally Posted by SoapFan4eva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoapFan4eva View Post
    Looking at here and Digital Spy. I'd say Corrie was the one people are not watching. No one seems to be talking about it yet EE is still creating discussion. Only 6 people replied to the Corrie episode thread on DS last nigth while EE and Emmerdale get over page 3 each episode.
    The viewing figure prove otherwise.

No they don't.

Go and get me the proof to back up your facts if you can. EE is up from last year and is only a few thousand behind Corrie.
    Please stop this now.. this is not EE Vs corrie issue.. It is a question about whether we think EE is crap or not.. Everyone is entitled to their opinon. There is not need to be agressive to anyone on this site.
    Super Mod

I think the general standards of soaps have decreased all around, Eastenders is no better or worse than any of the other soaps. The demand for more episodes a week has had an effect on quality. Back in the day when Eastenders was "compulsive viewing" there were only 2 episodes a week. Times have changed, and so has the tone of the show. I for one still enjoy it, and always will. Corrie and Emmerdale had their years of dullness, and pulled themselves back, Eastenders is starting to do the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

SoapFan4eva (19-07-2007)

Didn't the Bill do the opposite, they were on quite a bit during the week if I remember and they were losing viewer, they dropped down to twice a week and have gotten their ratings back.. Maybe EE should go back to 2 days a week.. Leaving people wanting more and more
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Didn't the Bill do the opposite, they were on quite a bit during the week if I remember and they were losing viewer, they dropped down to twice a week and have gotten their ratings back.. Maybe EE should go back to 2 days a week.. Leaving people wanting more and more
    I think you are refferring to the Bill when it went 4 or 5 nights a week but they changed the format to half hour episodes instead of the 1 hour ones they have now.

Perhaps cutting EE to twice weekly would help it improve. They havent got the writers or the cast for the episodes they are doing now yet are talking abouty 5 nights a week.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Yeah that might actually work but i think we need EE to go back to how it was in 2001 to work - i say 2001 there are probably other years but i remember the reaction to the "You ain't my muvva" storyline in 2001 where people couldn't wait for the next episode and would make sure they we're back home from being out (be it with friends or out with kids etc) before EE began, you don't find people coming home early for EE (or in some cases not going out until after EE) now and the show is missing that tension from 2001 that would keep viewers on the edge of their seats all the time.

Sig dedicated to Charley

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx-Vicky-xX For This Useful Post:

alan45 (19-07-2007)

Vicks. Know you are a big EE fan but 2001 is nothing compared to the EE of the 80's.. now there was a show that could not be missed.. highest rating ever for a soap was when Den handed Angie the divorce paper.. now that was edge of your seat, jaw dropping TV.. If I remember rightly it got about 16 million viewers
    Super Mod

Vicks. Know you are a big EE fan but 2001 is nothing compared to the EE of the 80's.. now there was a show that could not be missed.. highest rating ever for a soap was when Den handed Angie the divorce paper.. now that was edge of your seat, jaw dropping TV.. If I remember rightly it got about 16 million viewers
    Yeah i know that the Den/Angie years were watched by loads of people and Kat/Zoe stuff probably didn't touch them but i mentioned it because i remember viewers reactions to that where as i only know by viewing figures how viewers reacted to Den/Angie but i have heard the 80s was a big time for EE

Sig dedicated to Charley

i think eastenders is now gone well past its sell by date,theres been one or two good storylines,but the majority are boring,i never missed an episode tillthis year,now i can't be bothered watching or visiting spoiler boards cos some of the spoilers are even boring or hype up the episode to be better than it is,i'd say 2006-2007 has been the worst i've ever seen,a few good episodes like the dr may storyline padded out with recycled scripts for everyone else,i have stopped visiting other boards to read up on enders,but still visit soapboards cos theres a lot more to it,theres threads for some really good dramas ie 24 and plenty more

It always seems to be written really haphazardly, they just bring in a storyline out of the blue, then when it's over they forget about it and it doesn't flow. I think if it just stopped making everything that happens in it so random and out of the blue it would be miles better

<3

Eastenders drags everything on for way too long. I know its meant to be making it more "realistic", but it just makes it get dull. Compare it to the Aussie Soaps, where something is ALWAYS happening. As soon as a story ends, bang, something else happens. In the same episode, sometimes. They have a much faster pace, and although its not "realistic" its more entertaining, which is what i want from a soap.

Thread Information