Thread: 'Toyah Battersby' joins 'Casualty'

'Toyah Battersby' joins 'Casualty'

Ex-Coronation Street actress Georgia Taylor has joined the cast of BBC One's flagship medical drama, Casualty.

The 27-year-old - who played Weatherfield's Toyah Battersby for five years before quitting to pursue other roles - has landed the role of new consultant, Ruth.

A show source told The Sun: "It’s a great role for Georgia and she’s really looking forward to it."

Georgia recently appeared in the second series of his BAFTA-winning BBC cult programme, Life on Mars.

Her former on-screen sister, Jane Danson - Corrie's Leanne Battersby - recently begged producers to bring Georgia back to the Cobbles.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Footie_Chick For This Useful Post:

janet53 (18-07-2007)

Georgia has done well since leaving the street she has appeared in many good dramas. I'm sure she will settle in well at holby and become a popular character.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Georgia Taylor has been tipped for a return to Coronation Street as Toyah Battersby next year.

The actress is said to be in the frame for a comeback on the ITV soap in 2013 as part of several plans from new producer Stuart Blackburn.

Taylor played Toyah Battersby for six years before leaving the soap in 2003. She then went on to play Dr Ruth Winters in BBC One's Casualty until last year.

"There has been talk for a few months now that Toyah's character could return – which would be brilliant news for Georgia who loved being in Corrie all those years ago," an insider told The Mirror.

"There is endless scope for terrific storylines with her stepsister Leanne."

After arriving with her family in 1997, Toyah left Weatherfield in order to start a new life with her ex-boyfriend in London following a rape.

The source added: "It would be a perfect scenario if Toyah was to come back."

Last year, Taylor said that Coronation Street writers should "reinvent" her character in order to reflect the eight years that she has been away.

She said: "She's meant to have been in London for eight years, so there should be a back story for that.

"And in a way I'd have to reinvent her because for most of the time on the show I felt I was playing a teenager. I'm 32 now - so automatically that changes things!"

Jane Danson has also called for Taylor's return, telling Digital Spy that she expected to be reunited with her on-screen stepsister eventually.
    Last edited by alan45; 31-10-2012 at 11:17.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Georgia Taylor has been tipped for a return to Coronation Street as Toyah Battersby next year.

The actress is said to be in the frame for a comeback on the ITV soap in 2013 as part of several plans from new producer Stuart Blackburn.

Taylor played Toyah Battersby for six years before leaving the soap in 2003. She then went on to play Dr Ruth Winters in BBC One's Casualty until last year.

"There has been talk for a few months now that Toyah's character could return – which would be brilliant news for Georgia who loved being in Corrie all those years ago," an insider told The Mirror.

"There is endless scope for terrific storylines with her stepsister Leanne."

After arriving with her family in 1997, Toyah left Weatherfield in order to start a new life with her ex-boyfriend in London following a rape.

The source added: "It would be a perfect scenario if Toyah was to come back."

Last year, Taylor said that Coronation Street writers should "reinvent" her character in order to reflect the eight years that she has been away.

She said: "She's meant to have been in London for eight years, so there should be a back story for that.

"And in a way I'd have to reinvent her because for most of the time on the show I felt I was playing a teenager. I'm 32 now - so automatically that changes things!"

Jane Danson has also called for Taylor's return, telling Digital Spy that she expected to be reunited with her on-screen stepsister eventually.
    Last edited by alan45; 31-10-2012 at 11:17.

Coronation Street bosses have denied rumours that Toyah Battersby could be heading back to Weatherfield.

A report in The Mirror today (October 31) said that Georgia Taylor was being lined up to reprise the role of Toyah next year, as part of several plans from new producer Stuart Blackburn.

However, a show spokesperson told Digital Spy that there is "no truth whatsoever" in claims that Toyah is returning.

Taylor played Toyah for six years before leaving the soap in 2003. Her exit storyline saw her depart Weatherfield in order to start a new life with her ex-boyfriend in London.

Taylor went on to play Dr Ruth Winters in BBC One's Casualty until last year.

Coronation Street's new boss Blackburn, currently series producer at Emmerdale, takes office in the New Year.

Coronation Street bosses have denied rumours that Toyah Battersby could be heading back to Weatherfield.

A report in The Mirror today (October 31) said that Georgia Taylor was being lined up to reprise the role of Toyah next year, as part of several plans from new producer Stuart Blackburn.

However, a show spokesperson told Digital Spy that there is "no truth whatsoever" in claims that Toyah is returning.

Taylor played Toyah for six years before leaving the soap in 2003. Her exit storyline saw her depart Weatherfield in order to start a new life with her ex-boyfriend in London.

Taylor went on to play Dr Ruth Winters in BBC One's Casualty until last year.

Coronation Street's new boss Blackburn, currently series producer at Emmerdale, takes office in the New Year.

Thread Information