Thread: No more kebabs for Jodie

No more kebabs for Jodie

from The Sun

Coronation Street actress Samantha Seager has taken the decision to quit the ITV soap after just six months.

The 32-year-old – who plays family kebab shop worker and owner Jodie Morton – reportedly reached a "mutual" decision with show producer Steve Frost and will be written out at Christmas.

However, the rest of her on-screen family – Jerry (Michael Starke), Darryl (Jonathan Dixon), Mel (Emma Edmondson) and Kayleigh (Jessica Barden) and Grandad (Rodney Litchfield) - will remain on the Cobbles.

A source told The Sun: "It was really a mutual decision. Samantha has been working in the north for the past couple of years. She has a three-year-old daughter and wants to return to her home in London to spend more time with her family."

Samantha commented: "Working on Coronation Street has been an amazing experience but I have spent the last two years living away from my family.

She added: "After meeting with producer Steve Frost, we decided to rest Jodie's character so I can pursue projects closer to home.”

The Mortons moved onto the Street in March and have since caused havoc with neighbours Gail (Helen Worth) and Claire (Julia Haworth).

Earlier this year, Sean Gallagher - who played Paul Connor before being killed off - announced his decision to quit to pursue other roles after only five months with the show.

Tina O'Brien (Sarah-Louise Platt) will also bow out of the Manchester-based soap at the end of the year.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I thought Jodie was an ok character actually, bearable enough...it's a shame she's going but i suppose it's a sensible decision if she's been away from her family.

I wonder what her exit storyline will be..

Couldn't care less, she's boring and she hasnt had a single storyline since she's been in it. The Mortons just havent been good at all. Compared to the Connors who are also new, I love them to peices, but the Mortons - nah.

I'm not that keen on the mortons as a family as they havent been really interesting, but I like Samantha in it and I think jodie could be a really good character if they gave her some more storylines, hopefully she will at least have a good exit story to go out on.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

never really been bothered when she has been on screen although was very funny when singing karaoke with Jerry. That made me laugh.

She hasnt been as bad as other actors on the show at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    Couldn't care less, she's boring and she hasnt had a single storyline since she's been in it. The Mortons just havent been good at all. Compared to the Connors who are also new, I love them to peices, but the Mortons - nah.
    Agree with that. I thought Jodie was the best of the lot, but still not that good.

I reckon she was bored with the progression of the character, just like Sean Gallagher (Paul Connor) was.

Not a great loss to Corrie as she hasn't been in the show long enough to have a major storyline. But I don't know why she didn't give her family situation greater thought before she accepted the role.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

One down, four to go!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information