Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    How can Todd have a total personality transplant. He was a decent person before.
    he has been bitchy-fied by the London gay scene?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    How can Todd have a total personality transplant. He was a decent person before.
    he has been bitchy-fied by the London gay scene?

'Coronation Street': Bruno Langley on Todd's return, future stories - Digital Spy

Coronation Street welcomes back Todd Grimshaw next week, but his return may not be good news for the locals as he now has a nastier edge.

Following a tough time in London, Todd shows a ruthless and selfish side as he tries to exploit various situations for his own benefit - but how long will his mum Eileen put up with such bad behaviour?

Here, we catch up with Bruno Langley - who plays Todd - for all the gossip on his return to the street.

How does it feel to be back on Coronation Street?
    "I've been doing theatre for the past year, so it's been a case of getting used to the cameras again, hitting your marks and everything you don't have to do when you're on the stage. My first scene was with Antony Cotton [who plays Sean] and he really helped me out. We also did a day of family scenes in the Grimshaws' house, which gave me a chance to cement myself back into the family unit. It was like being back at home."

Did you worry about whether you'd be able to easily step back into Todd's shoes?
    "You do try to remember who he was and what he was about, but he's changed now. Whatever acting job I'm doing, I try to bring a lot of myself to the part - but some of the things that Todd is doing at the moment are definitely nothing like me!

"I did look at some old YouTube clips and it was the time when Richard Hillman was in the show. I was watching everyone else and how much everyone's hairstyles have changed!"

Why is Todd back in Weatherfield?
    "There's a lot of backstory - maybe things that the writers have discussed and I don't know about. The story is that Todd has burned all of his bridges in London and he's annoyed a lot of people there. Everyone's had enough of him and he has nowhere else to go, so that's why he's back. He's used to living the high life in London, so there are other places he'd rather be than Weatherfield."

Can you tell us a bit more about Todd's new-found nasty side?
    "Whatever happened to him in London has obviously made him a bit jaded. I think he's a bit more confident about himself, his sexuality and how he can use people to better himself. I think he's using anyone he can. It feels bad to say that he's using his mum, but he doesn't have anywhere to live so he is using her too. I've been filming some scenes today where Eileen is growing tired of Todd and his ways, but I don't know where it's going.

"You'll see that he's being horrible to everyone and he's leading people on. He's leading Sean on, because he knows that Sean fancies him. It's awful! I did some scenes today where Sean went crying off upstairs!

"I don't know what's happened to make Todd like this and I don't know if I'll find out, but it's more interesting for me because he was just a nice guy before. I'm aware not to push it too far, though. The audience are quite clever and you can't stray too far from what he was."

How does Jason feel to see Todd back?
    "We've not had a scene yet where we've had a heart-to-heart. I imagine that Jason will put Todd in his place. We're very split apart at the moment."

Is there still awkwardness between Todd and Nick?
    "Yeah, there is. Obviously the character of Nick is going through a lot at the moment, but we've had one scene so far - a confrontation at the Bistro. Todd tries to get a job there which leads to tension, especially as Gail is there. We've not had a full-on Grimshaw/Platt row yet, but I think that's where it's going."

What's coming up for Todd and Marcus?
    "I think Todd wants to split Marcus and Maria up, just because he can. Again, that's something I'd never do. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys the drama of splitting people up, but obviously Todd does, which is great for me to play."

Will Todd get a job on the street?
    "Yeah, he works at Streetcars on the switchboard! I'm having a few shifts as Steve is doing Eileen a favour. The scenes are really hard as Todd is very good at multitasking! In one scene I had to drink a cup of tea, eat a biscuit, throw a ball of paper and answer an imaginary phone call! I cannot multitask, so that was the hardest scene I've ever done! (Laughs.)

"There are some scenes where Todd is being quite rude to Steve and Lloyd. I'm not sure how long he'll last there or if he'll end up working in the knicker factory!"

As Bruno, what drew you back to the show?
    "I recently moved back to the area and I can walk to work! I didn't have an agent for about three months, because my agent left to become a photographer. When I got a new agent, he called me a week later to let me know that Corrie had been in touch. It seemed like it was meant to be.

"My son is not far away as he's in Bolton, so it means a lot to me that I can take him to school. The other day I took him to school and came to work, and that's an amazing thing to have as an actor, because we're usually here, there and everywhere. Corrie is the closest thing to a 9-5 job as we work Mondays to Fridays and then I have the weekends off with my boy."

Are you hoping to stick around on the show?
    "Yeah, I wouldn't mind! It'd be nice to stick around for a couple of years. Stuart Blackburn, the producer, has said that he's keen to have me around while he's here. That's really nice because he's obviously got confidence in me and the character."

Had you been approached over a permanent return before?
    "There's been a few times when I've been working on other jobs, so I couldn't do it. There's also been times when I've said I was available, but they said they couldn't do it at that point. Different producers have different ideas - it's just fortunate that Stuart likes the Grimshaw family and he's bringing old faces back."

Why did you leave in the first place?
    "There's a number of reasons. There's a few personal ones, but at the time there was a lot of pressure on me and the character. There was a lot of media interest and I was quite young, so a lot of it was quite hard for me to deal with. I took the decision to leave and I wouldn't change it."

Was it ever tough for you after leaving?
    "Yeah, it was at times. I've had periods of not working. I've had some really great jobs and then some harder periods. I'm not very good at auditions - I'm terrible! It's hard when there are times you can't support your son, but that's the game we're in.

"I did some bar work in London between acting jobs until a newspaper printed a story about it, so I had to quit that one. I spoke to my agent and he told me it wasn't really a good thing to be doing. But I was about to go on a tour and was bored!"

How did you prepare for getting back on screen? Did you want to get in shape?
    "A little bit! There's a scene I'm filming next week where I have to take my top off in the Bistro! In the story, Sean buys Todd a new shirt which costs him a lot, so he tries it on. Todd is trying to impress Marcus, so he's showing off a bit and it's all for Marcus's benefit. Maria is blissfully unaware of all this at the moment.

"I've been doing a lot of running anyway as I did the London Marathon, so the last time I was here I think I was quite a bit bigger."

Will Todd get his comeuppance after causing so much trouble?
    "In soaps everybody usually does, don't they? It'll take time but I assume that he'll be caught out in a situation and be backed into a corner. At the moment, Eileen is trying to see the good side in him but I think Todd's been demoted now to 'son number two'. Jason is number one, but that's fine with me!"

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw will make a move on Marcus Dent in the New Year.

Todd (Bruno Langley) is encouraged to make a play for his new friend after he notices Marcus watching when he strips off to try on a new shirt at the Bistro.

Although the pair are interrupted before anything can happen between them, Marcus is soon left questioning what this means for his relationship with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie).

Charlie Condou, who plays Marcus, told All About Soap: "Todd knows that stripping off in the Bistro has had an effect on Marcus. He follows Marcus outside and says to him that he did it for his benefit, then asks him if he liked what he saw. Todd's very flirtatious and really comes on to Marcus - and Marcus is clearly uncomfortable with it all.

"Todd leans in for a kiss, at which point Eileen interrupts them. It's hard to know if Marcus would have responded to the kiss or not."

He continued: "If there wasn't anything in it, he would have told Maria that Todd tried to kiss him. But he doesn't - and that's suspicious. He's unsure of how he's feeling and that's why he doesn't say."

Condou recently announced that he will be leaving Coronation Street next year. He will bow out after Marcus's storyline with Todd and Maria comes to a head in the summer.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2onAoGyW8

Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has said that his character Todd Grimshaw sees his pursuit of Marcus Dent as a challenge.

Viewers will know that Todd has set his sights on Marcus (Charlie Condou), despite Marcus's current relationship with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie).

Speaking in an interview on the official Coronation Street website, Langley said: "Todd is doing alright these days. Not a lot is happening in Weatherfield and I think he is getting a little bit bored and I think it is about time for him to cause some trouble.

"Todd would feel it is a bit of challenge to bag Marcus and it's a nice bit of fun to try and get him back on the other side.

"Obviously Marcus is with Maria and he is dedicated to her. He is very reluctant to Todd's advances."

Tonight's episode of the soap will see Todd make a move on Marcus during his birthday meal at the Bistro. However, they are soon caught by Eileen.

Langley said: "Eileen cottons on to the fact that Todd has Marcus in his sights and she is not very happy.

" I think Todd is a little bit jealous of Marcus and Maria leaving the area and getting a nice house for themselves and having a nice life. I don't think he wants them to have a nice life.

"I think Marcus better be careful because Todd's got him in his sights, so he better watch out."

Coronation Street airs tonight (January 13) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (13-01-2014)

How can anyone have personality transplants like Todd and Tina. So unreal

9. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-01-2014)

Coronation Street schemer Todd Grimshaw is triumphant next week as his pursuit of Marcus Dent finally pays off.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) gives into temptation during a visit to the Grimshaw house as he is no longer able to resist Todd's attempts to flirt with him.

Here, Bruno Langley - who plays Todd - explains why his character is being so ruthless.

Has Todd been biding his time with Marcus since he was told to back off after their close encounter?
    "I think Todd has definitely set his sights on Marcus - he is going after one thing and one thing only at the minute. Todd has not really been going out into town - he's been staying close to home so he can keep an eye on everything, so I guess he has been biding his time and keeping tabs on the situation. Todd is someone who knows what he wants and won't stop until he gets it - never mind the consequences."

Do you think Todd genuinely wants Marcus, or is it more about proving a point?
    "No, I think Todd definitely does want him. He likes the challenge and the chase, that's for sure, but Todd is genuinely attracted to Marcus and sometimes that's all it takes."

Would Todd want Marcus just as much if Marcus turned around and agreed to a relationship?
    "It might change the dynamics slightly, but I think Todd would say, 'Right, let's go for it then!' I don't think he'd waste any time."

Marcus is left feeling disconcerted when Todd flirts with him.
    © ITV

How does Todd feel about the possibility of hurting Maria?
    "Todd has a bit of a warped way of thinking - he thinks that by persuading Marcus round, he'd be doing everyone a favour. Ultimately Todd is willing to sacrifice other people's happiness for his own desires. Todd just keeps saying that he's doing it for Marcus, because Todd is adamant that Marcus is just living a lie. He feels as though he's helping them all out - he believes that if Marcus doesn't fall for him, he'll fall for someone else eventually."

Why is Todd angry about Marcus's plans to buy a house with Maria?
    "He's not angry about it - I think it's jealousy more than anything. Todd is exasperated at the fact that Marcus can't see he's making a mistake with Maria and that he should be with him instead. Todd had had his own place in London but now he's back in Weatherfield stuck in his mum's box room, so I think Marcus and Maria's independence and life together makes him quite frustrated. He doesn't like to see other people happy when he's not."

Todd has told Marcus that he has an estate agent friend. Is that a lie?
    "It's a complete lie. It's all just so he can converse with him. Todd isn't stupid, he knows what he's doing!"

Todd starts to confide in Marcus about his father. Is this just a sob story to get Marcus on side?
    "Yes I'd say so. That's not to say that there aren't issues there because I think there are for whatever reason, but he's definitely playing on it for Marcus's benefit."

Wanting to get Marcus on side, Todd tells him and Maria a sob story about his father.
    © ITV
    Todd tells Marcus and Maria about his Dad

Todd tells Sean that he's in love with someone else. How true is that?
    "It all depends what Todd's perception of love is! I don't think he's in love with Marcus, he's lustful but probably not in love. Again, Todd is clever and everything he does has a motive behind it. He knows Sean won't keep his mouth shut and that information will soon be out there. It's manipulation."

Can Todd tell that Marcus is becoming increasingly attracted to him?
    "Todd is definitely reeling him in slowly but surely. His mind games are definitely working. Todd knows exactly what he's doing - he knows himself and he's using all he has to get Marcus. He knows what works. Todd is so confident - this all comes quite naturally to him."

Who makes the first move next week?
    "Marcus. The scene is all about Todd pushing him and pushing him until Marcus caves."

Marcus and Todd move closer.
    © ITV
    Marcus and Todd move closer.

Eileen is very suspicious, isn't she?
    "Eileen is instantly suspicious - she knows exactly what Todd is up to. She does try to persuade Todd to leave Marcus alone, but Todd tells her in rather plain terms that he won't be paying any attention to her!"

Do you think Todd has any conscience about what he's doing?
    "I think Todd has a reason for doing what he's doing. Todd was going to marry Sarah and have children, but he knew it wasn't right and he was just getting swept up in it all. In a way he can see the same pattern happening with Marcus, so Todd is quite adamant when he tells Marcus that he's doing the wrong thing.

"Todd's way of thinking is that he's saving Marcus from wrong, and in the long run he thinks he's doing Maria a favour too! But from Eileen's point of view he's breaking up a family. Todd has a completely different way of thinking - he can't understand why people can't see it. He goes about it all in the wrong way."

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw is heading for trouble as he is attacked in a forthcoming storyline.

Bruno Langley, who plays Todd, was spotted filming the dramatic scenes on location in Manchester last night (Tuesday, September 9).

Bruno Langley films a scene where his Coronation Street character Todd Grimshaw is attacked by a gang in Manchester
    © Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    Bruno Langley films an attack scene on location

While full details of the storyline are currently unclear, it appears that Todd will be targeted by a gang in an upcoming episode.

Todd is left bloodied and battered in the nasty incident, which will follow a tough few weeks for him on the cobbles.

Bruno Langley films a scene where his Coronation Street character Todd Grimshaw is attacked by a gang in Manchester
    A gang targets Todd

Todd is left bloodied and battered

As cast and crew worked on the scenes yesterday, there was also an off-screen drama as filming had to be halted due to a minor accident.

A supporting artist who was playing one of the gang members fell over face first onto the pavement, which led to him being taken away in an ambulance. He was later replaced in the scene so filming could continue.

A Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning: "The actor in question sustained a minor injury when he fell during filming. He was taken to hospital as a precaution, but he is fine and well."

Todd's attack isn't the only problem heading his way, as Langley recently revealed that the bad boy's whole family will soon turn against him. The backlash comes as they can't forgive him for causing Tyrone Dobbs's recent accident.

Langley said this week: "He feels like the black sheep of the family and that's not a good feeling.

"He feels bad and he's at his lowest ebb. The one thing that he's always been able to count on is his mum sticking by him and backing him up. So when she leaves him in the hands of Tony and Jason it's a shock to Todd.

"There's one line where Eileen says 'I wash my hands of you' and she's never said that to Todd before. He's always been the golden boy and not anymore - now he's been demoted."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-09-2014), tammyy2j (10-09-2014)

I wonder is Tony behind Todd's attack

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (11-09-2014)

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw will be scarred for life when he is attacked in an upcoming storyline.

Bruno Langley, who plays Todd, was spotted filming the dramatic scenes on location in Manchester last month, but storyline details have so far been kept under wraps.

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (October 20), producer Stuart Blackburn admitted that the "savage beating" would change Todd's life forever.

He said: "At the centre of the Grimshaw family we have Todd and he has been vile to his family. He has pushed them too far and he knows it.

"He is genuinely trying to atone for those sins, but when gets savagely beaten - a beating that will leave him scarred for life - it is not his assailant he is going to blame, but his family. Eileen, Sean, and Jason especially. The whole lot of them."

Blackburn also teased further drama for the Grimshaw family as Jason's father Tony makes some questionable decisions.

He said: "Tony is going to get himself into a host of trouble. He is arrogant enough to think that he can take on Tracey Barlow - how wrong can he be?"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (20-10-2014)

Thread Information