Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I predict Marcus turning gay for him again and dumping a preggers Maria
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    more whining from maria and sean then
    Coronation Street bosses are lining up a new love triangle storyline for returnee Todd Grimshaw, a report has claimed.

Todd will come between Marcus Dent and Maria Connor when he arrives back on the cobbles in the autumn, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) fell for Maria (Samia Ghadie) last year, despite having always identified himself as a gay man.

However, show sources say that Marcus will become attracted to Todd later this year and end up questioning his current relationship - leaving him with a massive decision to make over who he wants to be with.

An insider told the newspaper: "Producers are delighted to have Todd's character back and he will be thrown straight into the centre of a big story."

Bruno Langley announced that he was reprising his role as Todd earlier this month.

At the time, show chiefs promised that Todd's return would "lead to heartache for more than one of the local residents".
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I predict Marcus turning gay for him again and dumping a preggers Maria
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    more whining from maria and sean then
    Coronation Street bosses are lining up a new love triangle storyline for returnee Todd Grimshaw, a report has claimed.

Todd will come between Marcus Dent and Maria Connor when he arrives back on the cobbles in the autumn, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) fell for Maria (Samia Ghadie) last year, despite having always identified himself as a gay man.

However, show sources say that Marcus will become attracted to Todd later this year and end up questioning his current relationship - leaving him with a massive decision to make over who he wants to be with.

An insider told the newspaper: "Producers are delighted to have Todd's character back and he will be thrown straight into the centre of a big story."

Bruno Langley announced that he was reprising his role as Todd earlier this month.

At the time, show chiefs promised that Todd's return would "lead to heartache for more than one of the local residents".

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-06-2013), tammyy2j (23-06-2013)

All is needed now is Maria to become preggers

Bruno Langley has begun filming his Coronation Street comeback scenes.

The actor, who is returning to the role of Todd Grimshaw, was pictured back on set at the ITV soap today (August 27).

Langley announced his decision to return as Todd in June and will be back on screen in the autumn.

Unconfirmed tabloid reports have suggested that Todd's first major storyline will be a love triangle with Marcus Dent and Maria Connor.

Todd was a regular on the ITV soap between 2001 and 2004. He headed back to the cobbles for a brief stint in 2007 and an Easter special in 2011.

Bruno Langley
    © Getty Images / Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage
    Bruno Langley

Speaking earlier this year about his latest return, Langley commented: "Right now seems to be a great time to return to the Street, as I have just moved back to Manchester myself, and it's going to be interesting to see if Todd has changed after being in London for so long, as I have changed as a person too.

"I would like to thank our producer Stuart [Blackburn] for inviting me back, and it's definitely going to make me smile when the Grimshaw family are finally back together again!"

Coronation Street returnee Bruno Langley has fuelled rumours of a possible new love triangle storyline for his character Todd Grimshaw.

Earlier this year, it was reported that Todd could come between Marcus Dent and Maria Connor when he arrives back in Weatherfield.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) fell for Maria (Samia Ghadie) last year, despite having always identified himself as gay.

Speaking to All About Soap on the story rumours, Langley explained: "Yes, he has his eye on Marcus. He's one of those people who enjoys the drama of splitting couples up!"

Viewers will see a more ruthless side to Todd in his latest stint on screen, as he is bitter after losing his job and his boyfriend in London.

Langley continued: "He thinks he's too good for Weatherfield and lies to Eileen about why he's back. But soon his ex Alex turns up and tells her the truth - Todd stole money from him. Todd's annoyed he's been caught out in front of his mum - he likes being seen as the better son."

However, the actor revealed that Todd will find it easy to get back in everyone's good books.

"He can be very charming and clever when he wants to," he explained. "He's clever and can turn things around to his advantage, such as manipulating Sean.

"I think he must have been hurt in some way in past relationships and that's why he's like he is now. I reckon he's come back to the street to wreak a bit of havoc!"

Coronation Street airs Todd's return on Monday, November 4 at 7.30pm on ITV.

Never liked Todd and it certainly won't help matters if he gets into a love triangle with Marcus and Maria.

Can see more Gail/Eileen fighting if it happens though; Maria is close to Audrey so Gail is bound to think that it is her business. After what happened with Todd and Sarah, there's no love lost anyway.

Todd's dark side

Eileen's prodigal son Todd is back on the cobbles, but his return could spell disaster for one Corrie couple, Bruno Langley has revealed.

Bruno, who plays Todd, said: "Todd has his eye on Marcus and he’s out to get what he wants. He likes a challenge and I guess he’s probably one of those people who like the drama of splitting couples up. It’s all for his own ego and just to prove that he can."

"People know Todd as a nice guy, but he must have been hurt in someway in a past relationship and that’s why he is like he is now."

"I think Todd’s come back to wreak a bit of havoc... Nice Todd has well and truly gone."

Eileen might be pleased to see the return of Todd, but not all the residents are as happy to see him back on the street. Nick is furious to find him behind the bar of the Bistro after he cons Gloria into letting him have a trial run.

"Todd’s accepted who he is and I think he just expects that others will too. It was a long time ago and he’s probably hoping Nick’s got over it. I think he was a bit naïve just walking in there though - He didn’t think it through very well."

Even his brother Jason has his doubts about Todd's intnentions.

"Jason’s questioning why Todd is staying around and why he’s acting so horribly. He’s always had a problem with Todd being the golden boy, but I think that could all change."

"Jason’s always had a problem with Todd being the golden boy but I think that could all change. The tables have turned..."

As Todd's nastier side comes to light, with his ex-boyfriend Alex turning up to reveal just what Todd has been up to, Eileen realises she's been fed a pack of lies.

"Todd's annoyed that he’s been caught out in front of his mum. He likes being seen as the better brother and doesn’t want to go down in Eileen’s estimations," said Bruno.

"Todd can be very nice and charming when he wants to be and has a way of being able to get people on his side. He’s very clever and can turn things around so that the other person thinks it’s their fault. He’s quick on his feet with his answers and he knows that Sean fancies him, so he uses that against him."

"He manipulates Sean into speaking to Eileen and his plan works. Eileen wants him to stay, which makes Todd very pleased with himself."

The photos

The photos

How can Todd have a total personality transplant. He was a decent person before.

Thread Information