Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by haggy View Post
    I swear my heart stopped beating over that Todd and Billy picture.
    Typical Todd to mess things up though. Hopefully it's just a blip and we get a wonderful reunion
    Me too. I just cannot get over the kissing pic. It's so beautiful and cute and romantic Todd will always be Todd though. He has a big mouth and he will say things without thinking so it comes out wrong and he only ends up sabotaging himself. It's very in-character but also terribly frustrating for us as viewers, especially with all the progress he has made lately.

Quote Originally Posted by livden View Post
    Me too. I just cannot get over the kissing pic. It's so beautiful and cute and romantic Todd will always be Todd though. He has a big mouth and he will say things without thinking so it comes out wrong and he only ends up sabotaging himself. It's very in-character but also terribly frustrating for us as viewers, especially with all the progress he has made lately.
    I was so not expecting those hotel pictures at all. What a lovely treat! ;)
    I love that we finally get to see Todd in a proper relationship as it was always painfully clear that Todd was never really in love with Marcus and was just using and manipulating him. The Todd and Billy relationship is definitely showing a different, smitten and downright adorable Todd but it only stands to reason that Todd will make silly mistakes along the way because well, that's kinda what he does. It is incredibly frustrating but i'll be interesting to see just how he manages to win Billy back and if he can finally face up to some of his flaws and his somewhat self destructive behavior. Personally I'm intrigued by how the moving in situation comes about seeing that Billy wants to take things slow.

I was so not expecting those hotel pictures at all. What a lovely treat! ;)
    I love that we finally get to see Todd in a proper relationship as it was always painfully clear that Todd was never really in love with Marcus and was just using and manipulating him. The Todd and Billy relationship is definitely showing a different, smitten and downright adorable Todd but it only stands to reason that Todd will make silly mistakes along the way because well, that's kinda what he does. It is incredibly frustrating but i'll be interesting to see just how he manages to win Billy back and if he can finally face up to some of his flaws and his somewhat self destructive behavior. Personally I'm intrigued by how the moving in situation comes about seeing that Billy wants to take things slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not taking sides here because I haven't got any strong feelings about Sean either way, but good people can and do have bad thoughts - they just don't follow through with them.

I'm sure wreaking bloody revenge and even murder has crossed all of our minds once or twice, but most of us can control ourselves.
    Right but now we know Sean DID do his revenge plot. He called the hotel to cancel the room. Only after Eva talked to him did he change his mind. So in this instance he actually did go through with it. It wasn't just "a thought". That's why it's ridiculous to say Sean can't do it to Billy because he's too nice.

Right but now we know Sean DID do his revenge plot. He called the hotel to cancel the room. Only after Eva talked to him did he change his mind. So in this instance he actually did go through with it. It wasn't just "a thought". That's why it's ridiculous to say Sean can't do it to Billy because he's too nice.
    I don't really think that argument applies since he changes his mind, meaning he doesn't follow through with it in the end. Cancelling a hotel room is a very tame kind of revenge anyway.

I do agree with you that Sean can be quite mean at times though so it wouldn't have surprised me if he had got revenge. He's definitely no saint, though he's still one of the nicer Coronation Street residents.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 30-08-2016 at 15:57.

New Todd spoiler for the week of September 12th:

Source: What's On TV

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livden For This Useful Post:

louisa (30-08-2016), tammyy2j (31-08-2016)

Aww. Not to the Caz/Maria thing but Billy. Daniel said in an interview just recently that their relationship was still in the lust stage but very much heading towards love. I can't wait for the first person to say the big ily. I reckon Todd will be the first to say it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to louisa For This Useful Post:

livden (30-08-2016)

Still catching up with episodes . Todd was really horrible to Billy at the hotel. How can Billy say that's the best thing that's come along for him when he treated him like that. Corrie writers are messing up this storyline with making Todd some Jekyll and Hyde character. Not impressed at all

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Still catching up with episodes . Todd was really horrible to Billy at the hotel. How can Billy say that's the best thing that's come along for him when he treated him like that. Corrie writers are messing up this storyline with making Todd some Jekyll and Hyde character. Not impressed at all
    Because they both made a mistake. Sure, Todd was slightly worse, considering the nasty stuff that he said. But Billy clearly overreacted. His comment wasn't even that bad. They both knew they had blown it. And Todd profoundly apologized, so I'm fine with it. I do agree though that this is the start of "evil Todd", and I don't like it one bit. He has been so selfless up until now, as soon as he doesn't get what he wants he reverts back to the selfish, manipulative Todd again and it's jut so annoying.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to livden For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (09-09-2016)

Pat has played a masterstroke by offering Todd in on his scam.

Will Todd make a deal with the devil, or is Phelan about to get his fingers burnt? Bruno Langley teases what's to come!

When does Todd first find out about Phelan’s building scam?

Todd has known that Phelan is not a good guy for a long time. He overhears conversations and because he is quick and quite a clever guy, he can put two and two together.

He is constantly confronting Pat and vows to find proof of the building scam to give to the police.

Why can’t he report Phelan to the police?

Todd’s frustrated because he feels that the police won’t take him seriously. Phelan has also stated there would be bad implications on Eileen and Jason’s finances so Todd decides the best thing to do is keep his mouth shut.

How does Todd react when Phelan calls him to the building site for a chat?

Todd is pleased. He thinks he finally has Phelan on the back foot but, unbeknown to him, things are about to go from bad to worse after he leaves his phone in the Rovers...

Sean and Billy - Coronation Street - ITV
    Sean gets a call on Todd's phone from the Bishop!
    Billy finds out that Todd has reported them to the Bishop. Can you tell us why he did that?

Todd is testing Billy’s morals and whether he is more important to him than his congregation. Todd does care a lot about himself so when Billy first mentions that he might leave the church, in the back of Todd’s mind he just focuses on: ‘Wow, Billy really does like me because he is willing to give all that up.’

So that is what spurs Todd on. He thinks that Billy just needs that extra push and he later tells Billy that he did it for him so he could be free to be himself.
    I don’t believe Todd though. I think Todd did it for himself and maybe like 5% he did it for Billy!

How does Billy react when Todd explains himself?

Billy is furious and says it is over, that’s it, clean cut for him. He says ‘I don’t understand you Todd, you can be nice when you want to be.’ He is baffled by Todd’s behaviour and Todd feels so bad when Billy dumps him, he’s upset.

Why does Todd go to the building site?

Firstly, Phelan keeps giving Todd little digs about working in a flower shop with all his pansies. He goads Todd with the promise of working with the big boys, making some money and doing something with his life. Phelan is telling the truth from his point of view and Todd takes it onboard. So when Billy says it’s over, that is the catalyst for Todd.

He looks at what he has got and decides he might as well step up to what Billy thinks of him, put his morals on the back burner and just get on with it.

How does Phelan react to Todd’s change of heart?

Phelan is suspicious but like most things in life you know when someone is telling you the truth. Todd tells Phelan it is because he is twisted and that’s who he is… and Phelan buys it!

I think Phelan sees a lot of himself in Todd.

Do you think Todd is a match for Phelan? Or do you think they could be a dangerous team together?

Yes, they are a match for each other but that is a hard one because I really like Connor (who plays Phelan) and I really like working with him. So if that means that I prefer the two of them in some dastardly plan together, then so be it. We work well together because he is a very serious actor and I take it very seriously too so we both really care about the work.

What reaction do you get from viewers - are they ‘Team Todd’ or ‘Team Phelan’?

Connor knows more about this than me because I try not to think about it. People in the street ask me, ‘When is Phelan going to get his comeuppance,’ as they would do because that’s what happens with a villain. People want that and villains have to get their just deserts...

Would you personally like Todd to be the one to bring Phelan down?

Yes, of course because I love the drama!

He seems a bit nicer these days - do you prefer good Todd or bad Todd?

I don’t think they both have to be mutually exclusive. I like both sides to him and I like that you can’t pin him down which makes interesting viewing because you don’t know what he is going to do next.

He is very unpredictable and that’s great to act. I don’t want to be the nice guy in the pub! It is harder for me to get where he is coming from when he is doing these bad things because that’s not me, I consider myself quite a nice guy, but either way it is fun!

What else is coming up for Todd?

We will see Todd using his effortless charm to fleece his neighbours but, realising he is playing with fire, it’s a ticking time-bomb before Todd and Phelan lock horns again.

Although Todd and Phelan are both similar characters in their twisted ways, Todd has one weakness and Phelan knows exactly how to use this to his advantage.

Todd is in real danger if he doesn’t act smart and quick.

Coronation Street

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-09-2016), swmc66 (17-09-2016)

Thread Information