Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

What did he think he would gain by saying he was innocent when the allegations came to light? People might have retained the tiniest bit of respect for him if he'd admitted what he'd done at the start.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

lesleywilki (04-12-2017), lizann (28-11-2017), parkerman (28-11-2017), Perdita (28-11-2017), tammyy2j (29-11-2017)

Former Coronation Street star Bruno Langley avoids jail after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting two women
    He appeared and was sentenced at Manchester Magistrates' Court today.
    Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has been sentenced after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting two women at a Manchester music venue last month.
    The actor appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday morning (November 28) charged with two counts of sexual assault after two women reported being assaulted at a venue on Swan Street in Manchester.
    According to BBC News, the court heard that Bruno had grabbed the crotch of one woman and touched the breasts and bottom of another while drunk.
    After pleading guilty to two sexual assault charges, the Manchester Evening News reports that Langley has been handed a 12-month community order, including 40 days of rehabilitation activity.
    District Judge Mark Hadfield also ordered Langley to become the subject of an electronically monitored curfew for 12 weeks, and must sign the sex offenders' register for five years, as well as pay his victims £250 each in compensation.
    In a statement delivered after the verdict, Bruno said that he "sincerely apologise[s]" for his "disgraceful behaviour" on the night in question.
    "I have absolutely no memory of what happened because of excessive alcohol consumption and it was for this reason that I behaved completely out of character. However, I take full responsibility for my actions that night," the statement continued.
    "Since this incident I have been dealing with, and confronting some personal issues that I have never addressed, and I am also getting help for an alcohol problem, so that this does not ever happen again."
    District Judge Hadfield told the court that Langley had expressed remorse for his actions, as he explained that Langley had avoided a custodial sentence.
    He also added to Bruno: "I suspect it will be difficult for you to obtain employment in that industry again. Time will tell."
    Bruno – who played Todd Grimshaw on Corrie for 16 years – left the ITV soap after an internal inquiry in October.
    In a statement released at the time, Coronation Street confirmed that Bruno was "no longer contracted to the show".
    Langley also confirmed he was leaving the show in a statement that said he was honoured to be a part of the soap.
    "Sadly, I will no longer be working on Coronation Street. Acting on the show has been the fulfilment of a personal dream," the statement read.
    "Playing the role of Todd Grimshaw since I was 17 years old has been a huge part of my life, and an absolute honour.
    "I would like to thank all of my friends who work on the show for their love, friendship and support during this extremely difficult period.
    Bruno first appeared on Coronation Street in 2001, with Todd being the show's first openly gay character. He left in 2004, but later rejoined as a regular in 2013.

Bruno Langley has blamed the stress of playing the soap's first gay character for the sex attacks he committed on a drunken night out.
    The actor molested four women at a Manchester music venue last month, but was only charged with sexually assaulting two of them.
    Langley - who played gay character Todd Grimshaw in the soap - wept in the dock yesterday as he avoided jail after admitting both offences.
    His lawyer told the hearing: 'Something happened that night, most possibly in relation to the character he was playing.'
    It is understood his comments refer to the stress Langley felt being a straight man playing a gay character.
    Langley was in the Band on the Wall club in the early hours of October 1 when he touched the two women.
    Instead of a jail term, the 34-year-old was ordered to complete a 12-month community order and submit to a curfew.
    He was also ordered to pay £250 to each of his two victims. He must also sign the sex offenders' register for the next five years.
    Langley, who is split from the ex-girlfriend with whom he has a son, apologised to his victims after the case and revealed he is getting help for a drinking problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...x-attacks.html

todd on run after hitting a police officer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-12-2017)

New details of Todd Grimshaw's exit from Coronation Street have emerged after the actor Bruno Langley was axed from the show.

Langley appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court earlier this week to plead guilty to two charges of sexual assault. He was given a 12-month community order, including 40 days of rehabilitation activity.

He had previously been axed by Corrie "following an internal inquiry".

Todd has remained on screen since Langley was sacked, with the character's already-filmed scenes airing as planned.

Scripts have been re-written and his last appearance is expected to be on Christmas Eve.

Langley's character Todd will apparently be written out by going on the run after hitting a police officer in an off-screen altercation, The Sunday People reports.

Todd will commit the assault after the officer gets involved when Todd has an argument over custody with the grandmother of Summer, his foster daughter.

It is thought that other characters will talk in the New Year about Todd having left Weatherfield following the incident, and that he may not even be in the country.

Todd's mother Eileen, played by Sue Cleaver, will apparently call Todd a "stupid boy [who] never thinks".

Bruno first appeared on Coronation Street in 2001, with Todd being the show's first openly gay character. He left in 2004, but later rejoined as a regular in 2013.

Digital Spy

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-12-2017), swmc66 (04-12-2017), tammyy2j (04-12-2017)

Shame about Summer, if she is to be written out, very likeable character.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-12-2017), Perdita (03-12-2017), swmc66 (04-12-2017), tammyy2j (04-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Shame about Summer, if she is to be written out, very likeable character.
    I don't like Summer one little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I don't like Summer one little bit.
    She can be a bit precocious at times

I prefer her to all the other brats on the street

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-12-2017), tammyy2j (04-12-2017)

I was hoping Todd's exit was alone and connected to his part of the scam

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-12-2017), lizann (04-12-2017), parkerman (04-12-2017), Perdita (10-12-2017), swmc66 (08-12-2017)

Thread Information