Thread: Todd Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    the paul actor is decent enough
    sometimes, he can be a bit OTT

Awful

It?s so bad i cannot take them even being on screen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

mysangry (31-12-2020)

Coronation Street schemer Todd Grimshaw will face his comeuppance in an upcoming storyline.

Todd (Gareth Pierce) triumphed again in this week's episodes as he won back Billy Mayhew after months of plotting.

Billy chose a reunion with Todd over a reconciliation with his other ex-partner Paul Foreman. However, Billy is still unaware of the extreme lengths that Todd resorted to when trying to get him back.

Late last year, Todd bribed a young boy called Will to manipulate Paul's emotions and drive a wedge between him and Billy.

Under Todd's instructions, Will pretended to Paul that he was being abused by a violent stepdad. This caused Paul to cross the line while trying to protect Will, breaking the rules of the charity helpline he was volunteering for.

More recently, Todd paid Will to trash Billy's flat, which had alarming consequences when Summer Spellman stumbled across the intruder, rushed outside and got run over.

Since Todd's reunion with Billy, some fans have wondered whether he'll ever be caught out. Fortunately, the answer is already out there, in an interview that Corrie boss Iain MacLeod gave at the start of the year.

In the chat, MacLeod hinted that Todd's victory in this story may only be temporary.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, MacLeod explained: "He will ultimately and temporarily look like he's got everything he wants. Unfortunately, the lengths that Todd has gone to in order to get what he wants will be the very thing that will be his undoing in the end.

"Todd gets his happy ending but it's already got a massive fracture in it. In a very explosive, dramatic ? again quite thriller-ish ? way later in the year, Todd's machinations will all come to light and he'll end up losing everything again."

He continued: "Todd being Todd, he's fairly Teflon. He'll lose everything again and then quite quickly set about reacquiring it, or something of equal value.

"We want to enjoy that character, really. We're conscious that the best villains are ones that you enjoy hating and almost laugh at their sheer audacity. Todd has that capacity to be very funny and enjoyable as a villain."

Digital Spy

I cannot take to this Todd ... but the storylines involving him and Billy and Paul are not helping

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-04-2021), Ruffed_lemur (04-04-2021)

Groan....how much longer? I'm almost at the point where I am going to stop watching Corrie. If there is much more of this Todd/Billy/Paul garbage I will certainly reach that point very soon.I was living in hopes that it wouldn't be much longer, but it now looks like it could be interminable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (04-04-2021)

Any new storylines?????

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Groan....how much longer? I'm almost at the point where I am going to stop watching Corrie. If there is much more of this Todd/Billy/Paul garbage I will certainly reach that point very soon.I was living in hopes that it wouldn't be much longer, but it now looks like it could be interminable.
    I decided to record Corra and just fast forward on the parts I am not liking, which are The Baileys and this endless story with Billy and his gang.
    Admittedly it is most of the programme at the minute, 🙄 have to say, I am not missing anything.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-04-2021)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-parlour-plot/

Todd Grimshaw will be forced to face his upsetting past next week.

Todd (Gareth Pierce) starts to look over the accounts at his new job in the undertakers and notices that people are too slow at paying their bills. He warns George Shuttleworth (Tony Maudsley) to toughen up, but he dismisses Todd's claims.

Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) overhears Todd chasing up funeral payments on the phone and she tells him that George won't be happy about it, but he carries on.

When George learns that Todd has been asking for deposits from clients before the funeral, he's horrified. George rings the clients to offer them a refund but as he does, he realises that Todd was right. Reluctantly, George admits that Todd's business ideas are good and wonders what else he has planned for the funeral parlour.

After this incident, a man named Wilf visits the undertakers to plan his wife's funeral. Todd manages to sell him the most expensive package.

However, Wilf's son isn't impressed and shows up to complain to George about Todd's insensitive manner. George reassures Wilf's son that they can find him a cheaper alternative.

George decides to fire Todd and when Todd tells his mum, she's not happy. Eileen decides to visit George to have a go at him, but is quickly humbled when George fills her in on the entire situation. She is embarrassed to find out that Todd has been ripping off vulnerable and grieving people.

Eileen returns from her chat with George and tells Todd that he can work his notice period.

When Todd returns to work, George is firm with Todd and tells him to have some respect. George then tells Todd that the body of a young boy is in the chapel of rest.

Stuart, an old friend of Todd, comes into the undertaker and reveals that the young boy who passed away is his son. Todd is quickly reminded of his past and his late son Billy Platt, who was born in 2004 and died a few days later.

Once George finds out what happened, he extends his sympathy to Todd and offers him his job back. The pair then go for a drink and agree that they are not just co-workers, but also friends.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

parkerman (21-04-2021), Perdita (21-04-2021)

I just cannot take to this Todd ..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (21-04-2021)

With Todd and Billy's relationship set to hit a bit of a setback in upcoming scenes, it seems things will only get more complicated for Todd as Inside Soap reports that Will (Ben Hackett) is set to return to the cobbles.

What is Will doing back in Weatherfield? And are Todd's past sins set to be revealed with Will's return?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...orth-sad-feud/

Coronation Street has revealed that Todd Grimshaw and George Shuttleworth will soon be embroiled in a sad feud over work.

Todd has been becoming increasingly frustrated over his salary at the undertakers, with George declining to give him a pay rise, even after Todd recently scooped the Young Funeral Director of the Year award.

After Todd won the award, director of rival funeral home RestEasy, Troy, left him a card asking him to give him a call to chat about his undertaking future - but George intercepted the card and disposed of it before Todd saw it, not wanting to lose his star employee.

In scenes airing next week, Todd discovers George's betrayal when he finds the card from Troy in the bin. Todd confides in George's sister Glenda Shuttleworth about what happened, with Glenda advising Todd that he should ask for a pay rise from George.

When George is evasive about giving Todd a higher salary, Todd phones Troy to arrange a meeting with him.

Troy is quick to offer Todd a job at RestEasy, with a salary of ?30,000 plus bonus. Todd is impressed by the offer and promises to think about it, but will he accept and leave George behind?

Later in the week, as they have breakfast together, George takes the decision out of Todd's hands when he makes it clear to him that their working relationship is over because he had the meeting with Rest Easy.

George's partner Eileen Grimshaw later urges him to bury the hatchet with son Todd and pay him a decent salary. George, however, tells Eileen that he needs a replacement for Todd as he has now accepted the job at RestEasy - and he tells Eileen that he thinks she would be terrific.

Later, Todd prepares for his first wake working at RestEasy. However, he's shocked when new boss Troy urges him to cash in on the family's grief by flogging them a more expensive urn.

Meanwhile, when George sets off to meet a client about a wake, Mary Taylor offers to go with him and take notes. George is dubious, but grateful for Mary's help while he's short-staffed.

Later on, in The Rovers, Todd makes out that he's enjoying his new job, while George pretends that Mary is a natural at undertaking. However, both of them are secretly wishing that they still worked together instead.

Will the pair be able to swallow their pride and admit that they want to reunite?

Actor Tony Maudsley, who plays George, exclusively told Digital Spy on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards 2023 that his character would "have his heart broken" by Todd's betrayal, joking that he would become a "traitor".

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...shaw-replaced/

oronation Street stars Tony Maudsley and Gareth Pierce have revealed that Todd Grimshaw will be replaced at the funeral parlour.

Todd has become increasingly frustrated with his salary, and next week?s scenes will see the character move to rival company RestEasy, leaving George Shuttleworth in despair.

In an interview with TV Times, the pair spoke about the upcoming developments for their characters, a potential feud and Todd?s replacement at the funeral home.

?Todd thinks George has taken him for granted and has been underpaying him,? said Pierce, who debuted as Todd in 2020. ?So he?s gone to work for RestEasy, Shuttleworth's rivals!"

?George is hurt. They?re both stubborn and start hurling insults at each other ? it gets very out of hand,? added Maudsley, who joined Corrie in the same year as Pierce.

?Mary Taylor offers her services as George?s assistant but is very inappropriate with a client, so he then hires someone played by the only actor I?ve ever worked with who is taller than me ? who Todd calls ?Lurch?!?

The pair also spoke about their hopes regarding future storylines, with a potential wedding between George and Eileen being brought up.

?The lack of a father figure roots some of Todd?s behaviour, and cements his relationship with George in an unspoken way,? said Pierce. ?It would be interesting to explore the dynamic if he actually became Todd?s stepdad.

?I?d love George and Eileen to marry,? added Maudsley. ?Sue [Cleaver] and I have lots of ideas about their wedding ? it would have to be a big thing.

?I want Eileen to arrive in a horse-drawn hearse, and for George to have messed up the arrangements so they end up tying the knot in a crematorium chapel! And Mary and George?s sister Glenda as bridesmaids, of course!? he added.

Thread Information