Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Earth

Live Earth

I wonder how many of the celebs involved in Live Earth genuinely care for the environment and are not being hypocritical be being involved?

Personally, my view is that we do contribute to global warming but no where near as much as is being made out. The Earth has been warmer in the past and I believe this is just part of the cycle. Its a good way for the Govt to tax us though.

And for the celebs to get involved - is there a bandwagon they wouldn't jump on?

I thought that the concert was hypocritical.. they're trying to raise awareness about saving energy etc, yet how many tvs watched the concert? How many lights and other equipment was used to make the concert happen? How much transport was used for people getting to the concert etc.. seemed a bit silly to me. Great way to sell it like

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyLea For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (08-07-2007), janet53 (08-07-2007)

My brother works with lights and he said that they were apparently using low energy lights for the concert.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I thought that the concert was hypocritical.. they're trying to raise awareness about saving energy etc, yet how many tvs watched the concert? How many lights and other equipment was used to make the concert happen? How much transport was used for people getting to the concert etc.. seemed a bit silly to me. Great way to sell it like
    This is what I thought. An estimated 2 billion people around the world are going to tune in, think of all the electricity used. And they want us to help save the planet by using more energy to power our tv's!!

To be honest, I don't think GW exists. The ice caps have been melting and refreezing since time began. When the world melted after the Ice Age nobody complained it was down to us (or has since said that).

So I'm going to help save the planet and not tune in
    Last edited by Abigail; 08-07-2007 at 11:29.

If they really wanted to prove a point, they should have cancelled television for the day and call that Live Earth.

i didnt watch this because i think it was a bit too soon after the diana concert to sit through hours of music again but i did say to my husband how much energy did the concert take? i wonder how much difference will it have made to peoples awareness and will they do anything differently? probably not! just another excuse to give publicity to pop stars with big egos!! lol!
    POOKIE

I don't see how billions of people around the world turning their tv on and watching people sing is going to help global warming. Exactly what are we going to be watching/listening to to show us whats going to happen if we carry on like we are? Thousands of camers, lights, microphones etc all using electricity? Hmm, somehow I don't think it works.
    Last edited by Abigail; 08-07-2007 at 15:10.

Madonna came in a four litre car and razorlight a private jet, really energy saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    Personally, my view is that we do contribute to global warming but no where near as much as is being made out. The Earth has been warmer in the past and I believe this is just part of the cycle.
    my biology teacher told us that the other year, global warming is occuring and although we might have something to do with it, it would have happened anyway, we might have sped it up slightly but it cant be blamed solely on us
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    i never thought of it like that lol! i do agree with what people have said though, i doubt many, if any, of those celebs care that much about saving energy
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information