Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catherine Tate has been confirmed as David Tennant's new companion in the next series

Catherine Tate has been confirmed as David Tennant's new companion in the next series

Catherine Tate has been confirmed as David Tennant's new companion in the next series of Doctor Who.

The comedian will reprise her role as Donna, who featured in the most recent Christmas special, 'The Runaway Bride', for the full thirteen-episode run of series four. As previously reported, Freema Agyeman will return to the show mid-way through the series, which begins filming this month for broadcast from next Easter.

"Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series," said exec producer Russell T Davies. "Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Tate added: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

The news follows confirmation that Kylie Minogue will guest star in this year's Christmas special, 'Voyage of the Damned'.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Londoner (04-07-2007), Sam-Elle (05-07-2007), tammyy2j (05-07-2007)

I am horrified by this and believe it to be a huge mistake.

The girl from the Blink episode would have been much better.

I really hope that I am proved wrong

Agreed, she was good for a one off but for a whole series no way, theyd have been better off going for an unknown.

i think this is brilliant

Donna was great and to have her there for half of the next series - just think of all the laughs we're going to get with davids quirky sence of humour and catherine tate.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I won't be watching Series 4 now - thats for sure.

Unhappy Martha replacement

I'm really sad that Freema Agyeman will no longer be in Doctor Who, I think she's beautiful and they made a perfect team. Anyone know why she is being replaced ???

Quote Originally Posted by supergran View Post
    I'm really sad that Freema Agyeman will no longer be in Doctor Who, I think she's beautiful and they made a perfect team. Anyone know why she is being replaced ???

shes not being replaced - she will be in the 4th series but wont comes back until half way though - so we'll still have the great martha there to help the doctor

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Keep an eye out for her in the new series of Torchwood aswell, in which she will be appearing

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Keep an eye out for her in the new series of Torchwood aswell, in which she will be appearing
    really......... didnt know that, thats good great to see her in something else

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    really......... didnt know that, thats good great to see her in something else
    She is down for 3 episodes apparently - I can't wait!

I'm not happy at all about Donna, though.

Thread Information