Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Platt - Mass Murderer

David Platt - Mass Murderer

From Todays Mirror

CORRIE's David Platt plans to wipe out his family in a horrific shooting spree and then kill himself.

Soap bosses will turn David, played by Jack P. Shepherd, into a chilling psychopath who finally snaps when he is humiliated over his sexuality.

The twisted teenager plans a serial killer Richard Hillman-type bloodbath.

Advertisement
    Mum Gail, sister Sarah, gran Audrey Roberts, hairdresser Maria Sutherland and Sarah' s builder boyfriend Jason Grimshaw all in his sights.

Corrie researchers studied mass murder cases involving people known as "family annihilators" before drafting the sensational plot. David warns Jason: "I hate the lot of you. I'll kill you all you know. It's not difficult to get a gun."

A Corrie insider said: "There will be some incredibly chilling scenes. It will be a superb slow-burning plot which will take ages to come to the boil.

"We can guarantee viewers will become hooked on it just like they did when Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Hillman was at his murderous best.

"That time David Platt was one of the victims - this time he is very much the aggressor." Viewers will start to see David blame everyone else for his past problems, including stepdad Richard trying to kill him.

He watches horror movies and plays violent computer games. He finally snaps after being exposed as a liar when he claims to have bedded Mel Morton. He overhears Gail, Sarah and Audrey laughing about his sexuality and begins plotting murder.

Bosses are keeping the outcome a secret. But the source added: "It's well known that Tina O'Brien (Sarah) is leaving the show - it could be a great way for her character to go."

JACK P. Shepherd has played David since 2000

DAVID nearly didn't make it - his mum Gail almost had an abortion

DAVID once waged a terror campaign on Gail's new man Phil

Hope this remains just a rumour
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

*funky*monkey* (24-07-2007), alvinsduckie (06-08-2007), janet53 (08-07-2007), tammyy2j (04-07-2007)

I hope this is not true, as it says they did it before with Richard and it was a success so they should just leave it at that

Sig dedicated to Charley

I think this sounds great i think davids brilliant and this will just bring everything to a great ending!!

Why arent you liking this alan?

Yet more sensationism from Corrie!

No wonder the critics are always slating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Blue View Post
    Yet more sensationism from Corrie!

No wonder the critics are always slating it.
    Just the usual ones it would seem. Welcome back

Sounds like it could be interesting

I do actually think this sounds quite good. I personally feel it's quite realistic - David has had lots of problems in his life and he is a very troubled young person. Gail has ignored David's problems and has never tried to really get him proper help, and now his behaviour is going to finally boil over. He was nearly the victim of a serial killer, and they say victims can sometimes turn into the aggressor. I think this would be a realistic way to end the storyline. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I do actually think this sounds quite good. I personally feel it's quite realistic - David has had lots of problems in his life and he is a very troubled young person. Gail has ignored David's problems and has never tried to really get him proper help, and now his behaviour is going to finally boil over. He was nearly the victim of a serial killer, and they say victims can sometimes turn into the aggressor. I think this would be a realistic way to end the storyline. Just my opinion though.
    yeah someone who agrees with me - i love murder storylines ......or maybe im just weird that way

Maybe this will be how Sarah Lou leaves the street along with Bethany but there are no reports of Gail or David leaving Corrie. I know the writers will do their usual excellent job but I think another murder in the street is a bit soon. Now if devil Boy were to turn the gun on himself that might be different

never in a million years will this happen as some do-gooder somewhere will say it will bring back memories of so and so and all that crap

Thread Information