Thread: Radcliffe gets $50m for two 'Potters'?

Radcliffe gets $50m for two 'Potters'?

Daniel Radcliffe is being paid $50 million for the final two Harry Potter films, according to a report.

The Daily Mail says the star will be paid $25 million for both Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows - although this will be reduced by tax, commission and agents' and managers' fees.

The large figure is said to be down to his importance to the series and the fact that being type cast as Potter could harm his later career.

Radcliffe, although he did not confirm the amount, said proceeds from the Potter films meant he could pursue other, less profitable, projects without concern.

"Obviously, I'm in a very fortunate position where I don't have to do things for the money," he explained. "I can simply do them because there's an interesting character and a good director involved.

"The money is absolutely fantastic and I'm very grateful, but it's not the main thing that drives me. Being on Fortune [magazine] lists is all very nice, but I am my own person. What people write about me doesn't make me who I am."

OMG £50 million that is ridicolous
    angelblue

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    So £17mill for each of the final films - crikey! Although I suppose I can understand it - his career could totally be over after the HP series, because of typecasting and footballers seem to get paid far more for kicking a ball about and diving....

And to think the Prime Minister gets about £120,000 a year, and works an 18 hour day He should go into Football/Film!!

I can understand him getting that amount, tbh. Its when its footballers that its pointless, i think.

Atleast Daniel Makes a better job of his carer tho!

Thread Information