Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Spice Girls announce reunion tour

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

SHE is famous for being Sensible Spice, a little boring perhaps, and the one who rarely gets embroiled in scandal. But the real EMMA BUNTON has a secret dark side — she’s just clever at keeping it out of the public eye.
    The singer, who is expecting her first baby with long-term boyfriend JADE JONES in September, can list JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and footballer RIO FERDINAND among her famous conquests.
    And I’m pretty sure ROBBIE WILLIAMS might have had his wicked way with her too.
    He once claimed to have bedded four SPICE GIRLS — and I’m 100 per cent confident VICTORIA BECKHAM didn’t go there!
    It was always rumoured that she dated Spice svengali SIMON FULLER when he managed the band, a claim both have denied.
    She was steered by Fuller during her solo career and is very close to him still as the girls prepare for their reunion.
    Emma has actually been the smartest of all the Spice Girls.
    She has millions and is famous yet manages to lead a quiet lifestyle out of the limelight.
    Even at the height of Spice mania she tended to sit at the back during group interviews and was dominated by GERI HALLIWELL, MEL B, MEL C and VICTORIA.
    She always shied away from confrontation with the other girls and was devastated when any of them fell out.
    And these days you rarely find her falling out of London celeb haunts such as The Ivy or the Met Bar. Neither does she court the paparazzi like some of her old bandmates.
    Emma didn’t cash in by revealing all her secrets in a warts and-all autobiography and you don’t see many “at home” spreads on her in glossy mags.
    It means she has the best of both worlds and is able to lead a relatively normal life without being hassled.
    Emma eats out at her local Italian restaurant and drives around in an old Mercedes she was given free when the Spice Girls first made it big.
    She once told me in an interview that she is so careful about her money that she just keeps it in the bank rather than investing in stocks and shares.

Sexy past ... Emma's lovers, l-r, Rio Ferdinand, Jade Jones pats their bump and Justin Timberlake
    Picture, far right: DAVE HOGAN

So it comes as no surprise that Cautious Spice has managed to keep her private life pretty much under wraps.
    She had a fling with former N*SYNC singer Justin in 2003, when his debut album Justified had turned him into a global superstar.
    But she was so discreet that it was a while before anyone cottoned on.
    Once the affair was over she was asked about it on TV — and only gave the game away by turning bright red.
    Before she dated Justin, she went out with Man U and England star Rio.
    It was 1999 and Rio was still playing for West Ham.
    Emma turned up with him to watch Mel C perform a solo gig at London’s Astoria. Rather than bowling up to the front door, they sneaked around the back just minutes before Mel went on stage so they wouldn’t be photographed together.
    Emma also went with him to restaurants around the capital, but the romance fizzled out after a few months.
    She was on a break from Jade. The former Damage singer is the love of her life but they were always splitting up and getting back together — just because they were so young.
    A Spice insider told me yesterday: “Emma had her fair share of boyfriends whenever she wasn’t with Jade. She had no problem pulling them because she is gorgeous and lovely. She was a real flirt too.
    “But she chose her men carefully, making sure they weren’t kiss-and-tell types.”
    Now Emma is probably the most content Spice Girl.
    A family girl who is close to her mum Pauline and brother Paul, she sold her beautiful penthouse apartment in trendy Hampstead and moved outside London.

Sexy secrets ... Emma Bunton

She bought a big house, and one for her mum nearby, which is where she plans to stay when she has her baby.
    A source close to Emma said: “Emma is so happy with her life right now. She is thrilled about the girls getting back together to go on tour. She always wanted that to happen and now she’s having a baby it’s the icing on the cake.”
    It’s all the more special because Emma feared she would never have a child — she was diagnosed with the fertility-threatening condition endometriosis in 2004.
    So it was a lovely surprise when she fell pregnant at the beginning of this year.
    She said: “I’m unbelievably excited. I’ve been so worried for such a long time that I might not be able to be a mum.
    “I thought, ‘I’ve been so bloody lucky in my life that maybe not getting pregnant is payback.’”
    Being worth a reported £15million at 31 is more than “lucky” though — and Baby has been busy since leaving the Spice Girls, forging her own career and establishing herself as an actress.
    She is by far the most successful solo Spice Girl — her debut solo album A Girl Like Me spawned the UK No1 single What Took You So Long? and Top Five hits What I Am and Take My Breath Away.
    But her success was short-lived and Emma was dropped by Virgin Records in 2002.
    She soon signed up to Simon Fuller’s 19 Entertainment and a new deal with Polydor to release another Top Five hit, Free Me. Her second album, Free Me, went gold but her last album, Life In Mono, limped in at No65.

But the public haven’t deserted their Baby — her 2006 Children In Need cover of Petula Clark’s Downtown peaked at No3, coinciding with her coming second on TV’s Strictly Come Dancing.
    Quite the business woman, Emma’s own company Monsta Productions made £139,324 in 2005, and her next set of accounts are expected to top that thanks to Strictly Come Dancing.
    And Emma will soon be Spicing up Neighbours in a London special of the Oz soap.
    This occasional cameo is just Emma’s style — flirting with fame rather than pursuing it.
    She was, and still is, always polite and just downright nice.
    The Spice Girls are lucky to have her.

SOURCE: THE SUN ONLINE, 6/7/07
    Last edited by megan999; 06-07-2007 at 13:29.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I loved the spice girls, when they were around they were my favourite band and when I was 7 or maybe 6 I went to see them, like abi said they were a bit of fun.

I used to hate the SG.. I have no idea why but I was never into thier music. I am very different as everyone in my school are screaming about the reunion haha. I do however want to go to their concert for the sake of saying I went there.. been there done that, sort of thing lol!

Thread Information