Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Wood to go ATLAST!

Tony Wood to go ATLAST!

Coronation Street producer Tony Wood will leave the role at the end of the year, according to Broadcast magazine.

Wood, who has been expected to depart the soap for some time, does not have a new job lined up as yet but has been linked with Shed Productions, the company behind Footballers' Wives.

Ex Emmerdale producer Steve Frost, currently at the helm of medical drama The Royal, is being tipped as Wood's replacement.

if he is repsonsible for the poor qaulity of corrie then he can stay so it gets taken off air and eastenders can become best soap!

EastEnders was best soap for 17 years when Corrie was here so I doubt it matters.

The recent comedy plots on Corrie suggest that Wood will be great for a role on Footballers Wives though. That's what he's been trying to turn the street into.

imagine tanya turner walking down the cobbles of walford...then i would watch the show!!!

I don't think I would want the wooden acting and OTT storylines to come with her though. They're best sticking to FW or The Street.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    if he is repsonsible for the poor qaulity of corrie then he can stay so it gets taken off air and eastenders can become best soap!
    In another post you said you used to enjoy Corrie. Would you not prefer it to get good again so as you can resume your enjoyment of it. It should not take Corrie to be taken off the air for EE to become good again. All it would take is some decent scriptwriting and an end to the Shannis/Kalfie/Molfie nonsense. It was the top soap once and has given a bit of work the ability to become great again
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    In another post you said you used to enjoy Corrie. Would you not prefer it to get good again so as you can resume your enjoyment of it. It should not take Corrie to be taken off the air for EE to become good again. All it would take is some decent scriptwriting and an end to the Shannis/Kalfie/Molfie nonsense. It was the top soap once and has given a bit of work the ability to become great again
    EastEnders has been better than Corrie before so no I don't feel Corrie should go so EE can be top again. EE will be top again anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    EastEnders has been better than Corrie before so no I don't feel Corrie should go so EE can be top again. EE will be top again anyways.
    I agree with you WQ

It should be allowed to go top by its own abilities not by the removal of the top soap so as it has no serious competition
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Ee is definetly better. Corrie needs a good producer to get it back to the way it was. I'm sorry but Scooter
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

It was bearable tonight but I still didn't think much of the carp storyline or Sharlie.

Thread Information