Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surgery door slams on Enders' Dr. May

Surgery door slams on Enders' Dr. May

Twisted Dr. May Wright – actress Amanda Drew – and on-screen partner Rob Minter (Stuart Laing) will dramatically bow out of EastEnders when the Square's Rob-Dawn-May baby plot reaches its eagerly-anticipated climax, Digital Spy can reveal.

Next week sees Rob and May hold Dawn (Kara Tointon) hostage in their countryside retreat, where May threatens to get her hands on Dawn's baby by any means possible.

But May's dream of a perfect family life with Rob quickly crumbles around her.

Last month, producers took the decision to axe their baby abduction storyline due to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

And, despite having filmed nearly all of the original scripts, show bosses re-wrote and re-shot the entire culmination of the plot.

Hinting at the warped doctor's fate, a show source told DS: "There are some really shocking scenes to come. Viewers won't believe how far Mad May pushes it to get what she wants - but will she succeed? Or will she meet an unexpected demise?"

Of her exit, Amanda Drew said: "May has been a fantastic role to play. I've really enjoyed playing the part over the past few months and it's been an amazing plot to be part of. Although she didn't start out bad, I think it's right she goes as it's indefensible what she does."

Executive producer Diederick Santer told us: "Dr May and Rob - Amanda Drew and Stuart Laing - have led Dawn and the audience a merry dance this year.

"They have both given fantastic, gripping performances and we have loved having them. We wish them both all the best for the future."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (16-06-2007), alvinsduckie (23-06-2007), ChelseaFC (16-06-2007), JustJodi (22-06-2007), Liisut (16-06-2007), Pinkbanana (16-06-2007), Sam-Elle (16-06-2007), Xx-Vicky-xX (16-06-2007)

Cant say Im bothered about Rob leaving, but mad May is a great character, played by a really good actor. I'd rather they got shot of Dawn, personally!

I will miss May in a funny sort of way, shes been truly evil and fantastic to watch.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

I absolutelty love May. It's true that her treatment of Dawn is appalling but while you ca't feel sorry for Stella despitec her being a great charecter and Sophie being a terrific actres I can sympathise with May a little. Rob and may should be together and Dawn should find a new boyfriend - mmm - Garry maybe?

She may be a good actress but im SO SO SO glad they are getting rid of her, she was just not credible as a person (even in soap land). More the writers fault than anyone els

Well each to their own but I'm an absolute May fan and I think hair tied backsuits her really well. I know she is slightly insane but Dawn should have realised her desperation and not gone bak n her surrogacy - legal or not. She should have gone through with the surrogacy andcertainly not used the baby to win Rob back if he wnted to be with his wife. To quote Peggy "May is a good doctor and a decent woman" - May and Rob forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post
    Well each to their own but I'm an absolute May fan and I think hair tied backsuits her really well. I know she is slightly insane but Dawn should have realised her desperation and not gone bak n her surrogacy - legal or not. She should have gone through with the surrogacy andcertainly not used the baby to win Rob back if he wnted to be with his wife. To quote Peggy "May is a good doctor and a decent woman" - May and Rob forever...

Peggy dosent actually know the real may though does she! Im sure she would soon take that statement back!

Dawn agreed to a surrogacy when she was feeling down about rob not bwing with her. Once pregnant and you feel all the love and the kicks and you see that baby growing in your stomach things change! Dawn had every right to not go on with the surrogacy its HER baby!

i cant stand may, but then shes a nasty character, she not there to be liked!

I really feel for her though. I don't hate her though I certainly agree that what she did was appalling - but Rob is right, she is ill. Remember he said to Dawn "She's mad you know, she is actually insane". Yet I think she truly does love Rob and Rob loves her. It's just her baby fixation is dangerous. I can't help feeling sorry for her,very sorry. There is still a part of me that likes May despite everything just as Rob still loved her despite everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Brookes View Post
    I really feel for her though. I don't hate her though I certainly agree that what she did was appalling - but Rob is right, she is ill. Remember he said to Dawn "She's mad you know, she is actually insane". Yet I think she truly does love Rob and Rob loves her. It's just her baby fixation is dangerous. I can't help feeling sorry for her,very sorry. There is still a part of me that likes May despite everything just as Rob still loved her despite everything.
    She is a very very sad women who just desperately wants a child! If rob loves her then he should have stuck her somewhere and made her well again.

wonder what will happen to her on monday

As you dislike May you will probably like what happens to her on Mondasy. i don't like it though. I am so sorry for her. Yes maybe Rob should have sought hekp but the poor chap is a bit overewhelmed by all this and because some of his decisions showed he lacked backbone, that doesn't mean he does not love May.

Thread Information