Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Murder Game - Coming Soon!

The Murder Game - Coming Soon!

Hello everyone. I have come up with an idea for a new reality game for Soapboards called The Murder Game. This will hopefully kick off on September 1st and last until the end of October.

This is a great chance for all Soapboard members to get involved as they can have their very own roles in the game as a suspect or detective. This thread is to ask for applicants for the game. Unlike other reality games, you will stick with your Soapboards username throughout the game instead of having a new one.

Don't worry - this game won't take up loads of your time. You work through the investigation at your own pace, whenever it suits you. You don't have to be online every day of the week.

Anyway, if you would like to apply, please give me a PM saying if you would like to be a suspect or a detective. Any queries please ask in this thread and I'll get back to you.

The rules of the game will be posted in this thread very soon so things will become clearer!

How The Game Will Work

It will hopefully start on Saturday 1st September. Some soap boards members will be the suspects, Meanwhile, some soap board members will be the detectives.

Once the game starts, I will post the scenario (the murder that has been committed) From then on, new clues and developments will be posted daily by me. The detectives work through the clues they’re given and come up with their theories that they can post and discuss in the “Detective Discussion” forum. Meanwhile, detectives can also interview suspects in the “Interviews” forum by just starting the thread by putting the thread title as the suspect’s name. In that thread, detectives can ask that certain suspect as many questions as they like and the suspect will answer. They are given a certain amount of time to hold the suspect before letting them free from the interview part of the forum.

Every Saturday night, the detectives gather round and nominate the detective within their team that they think have made the less progress within the investigation on that week. The two detectives with the most votes are forced to go to two different threads on Soapboards. In one of these threads, the killer is in hiding. Whoever goes into the thread where the killer is hiding, the detective is killed off the game. The detective will realise if they’re dead as the killer would alert them on msn by giving the words “I’m the killer” The detective who isn’t killed off will return to the game. Then, I will reveal a piece of evidence that proves that one suspect isn’t the killer, shortening the suspects down, and allowing the detectives even closer to finding out who the real killer is…

This is how the game will work each week, until we’re down to two detectives and two suspects. When we’re down to this situation, the detectives will both guess who they think the killer is out of the two suspects remaining going on the clues, developments and interviews they’ve done over the course of the competition. The detective will then follow the suspect they think is the killer. Whoever guessed the killer correctly, will successfully arrest the killer and they’ll win the game. A prize for the winner of the competition has not yet been decided, but this is the basic idea.

This sounds ace.

The two detectives with the most votes are forced to go to two different threads on Soapboards. In one of these threads, the killer is in hiding. Whoever goes into the thread where the killer is hiding, the detective is killed off the game. The detective will realise if they’re dead as the killer would alert them on msn by giving the words “I’m the killer” The detective who isn’t killed off will return to the game. Then, I will reveal a piece of evidence that proves that one suspect isn’t the killer, shortening the suspects down, and allowing the detectives even closer to finding out who the real killer is…
    Is the killer the same person all the way through? Would the two suspects be known to all the detectives or just the respectives ones that go into the threads?

Regarding your questions JB, the killer will be the same person all the way through. As soon as the game begins, I'll PM one of the suspects and tell them they are the killer.

There will hopefully be about 6 - 10 suspects in the game and all these suspects will be known by all the detectives.

this is a brilliant idea dave... too bad i'll be on holiday for the last too weeks or id be jumping at the chance to take part

It sounds a brilliant idea Davey. but how will the suspects be evicted fromt he game. I understand how the detectives are if they go into the room where the suspect is.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Once one of the detectives are killed off the game, I'll reveal a piece of evidence or one of the clues that the detectives have picked out that will prove that one of the suspects isn't in fact the killer.

That suspect is revealed as not the killer and is out of the game. This will happen each week until 2 suspects are left - one of them being the killer and one of them being entirely innocent.

Hope that makes sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (15-06-2007)

sounds great davey how will the interviews work, will the suspects just be able to make up the answers or will there be a sort of script which they have to follow?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thank you Davey that is a lot clearer I understand the rules now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Nope, none of this will be scripted Di M. Detectives will ask whatever questions they like to the suspects, and the suspects can make up their own answers to the questions with their main aim being to try and protest their innocence to detectives or trying to throw them off the scent if that certain suspect is in fact, the killer.

Thread Information