Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine)

Neighbours has never won anything in this country it would be nice for the show to be recongised for a change, and besides it would be nice for the Neighbours cast to visit the UK (again!)

The nominations for this years Natational Television Awards 2007 have been releaed, and here are the nominations that concern Neighbours:

Most Popular Actress
    Jackie Woodburne Neighbours (Susan Kennedy) (Number 25)

Most Popular Actor
    Alan Fletcher Neighbours (Karl Kennedy) (Number 32)

Most Popular Serial Drama
    Neighbours

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/

Spread the word to Neighbours, Alan and Jackie fans!!

When Libby returns to Erinsborough it's at the conclusion of a courtcase involving her mother, Susan (played may I add by the highly under-rated Jackie Woodburne). Libby returns to the street with her son, Ben, presumably now played by an older actor than the baby we last saw.

The first scene for Libby depicts her driving down Ramsay Street as Karl and Susan stand in front of their house, chatting with another neighbour. Her arrival is a surprise to them. I was hoping for symbolic entrance of Libby walking down the middle of the street suitcase in tow, swirling music, but no such luck!

The embrace between Libby and Susan is heartwarming stuff (and you can sense a little sentiment as one of the show's orphans returns to the fold from a maternal, guiding light). Karl distracts himself with Ben.

The bulk of Libby's arrival story over two episodes is a cheerful demeanour disguising an obvious falling-out with husband Darren, still based in regional Shepparton. There are lots of questions about "when's Darren coming?" that Libby dismisses. This is soap, after all. The fact that Shepparton is only a two hour drive from Melbourne and we've never seen Libby since her exit (anniversary DVDs excluded) is of course, overlooked. This is television, after all.

In her first two eps Libby also has a reunion with Toadie, and particularly with Steph, her bosom buddy. These two gals get along like a house on fire and the show will benefit from an obvious on-screen rapport -as with her mother, Susan.

Kym Valentine slips back into Libby with ease. Ten minutes in and it's like she never left. Maybe she shouldn't have. This is regular work, after all.

Neighbours episode 5341

sounds good. although what will she say about steph and toadie? i'd like to think she'll be happy with it since they're two of her old friends, but you ever know.

Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine)

Neighbours chiefs have brought in a replacement for Kym Valentine while she recovers from her recent health problems.

Valentine, who plays Libby Kennedy on the Aussie soap, was struck down by pneumonia and suffered a collapsed lung while on a flight from New York to Melbourne last month. Although her condition has improved, she is still not well enough to return to work.

In a bid to minimise disruption to scripts, the show's team have recruited actress Michala Banas to take over as Libby from tomorrow. The surprising arrangement, which is expected to last for a month, was finalised by executive producer Susan Bower this week.

Speaking about handing over the role, Valentine told the Sunday Herald Sun: "It is heartbreaking. It is very, very hard to do, but I am trying to be strong about it and do what is best for me.

"I will be back. Don't you worry about that. I am so grateful for Michala. I am just so happy to be handing the role to her."

Banas is best known in Australia for her role in drama series McLeod's Daughters. In a statement, she admitted that taking over from Valentine would be a huge challenge, adding: "I am going to be Libby, but I am not Kym Valentine."

Valentine joined Neighbours in 1994 and stayed with the show for a decade before leaving to tour with the musical Dirty Dancing. She returned to her Erinsborough role in 2007.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I read this the other day, eek, i don't like the idea of someone else playing her.

I really do want her to get better
    It will just be werid seeing another actress play her, to me it wont be Libby, even though its still the same character

It was like when Hayley in Home and Away became ginger overnight. It takes some getting uised to. I can understand if its a permanent replacement but tempory i don't get.

I hate it when Aus soaps replace actors.. does it all the time in Home and Away.

I hope Kym gets well soon .
    Least she is coming back.

No, I don't like actors being replaced. It's weird!

All the best to Kym in her recovery.

Kym Valentine: 'I hit rock bottom'

Neighbours star Kym Valentine has spoken out about her recent battle with a life-threatening illness.

The actress, who plays Libby Kennedy, admitted that she "hit rock bottom" earlier this year after breaking up from husband Fabio Tolli and suffering from pneumonia and a collapsed lung.

Valentine, who is a mother-of-one, revealed in an interview with Women's Day that she feared she might die during a stint in hospital in July.

"My focus right now is me and being as strong, healthy and happy as I can possibly be," said the soap star. "Maybe you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb back up. And I certainly hit rock bottom this past year!"

Speaking about her first bout of illness, which occurred during a flight home from New York, she said: "I don't remember at all what happened. I don't know how the staff saw that I was in danger. I just woke up with them standing around me and I was trying to push this mask off my face.

"Once home, I unpacked my bags, put a load of washing on and went into the bathroom - and got a dreadful shock when I looked in the mirror and suddenly saw I was yellow."

She continued: "I was rushed to the [hospital] observation room. I had dye being injected into me and plugs and tubes hooked up to just about every part of my body.

"They were worried about the swelling around my ankles and legs and explained that because I had been on a long flight and they'd discovered I had pneumonia, they were now concerned the swelling could indicate a blood clot. They were going to operate if that was the case, as there would have been a high risk of it travelling to a major organ, which could kill me."

Valentine's weight fell to 48kg during the ordeal and her daughter Millana was sent to her grandmas. McLeod's Daughter actress Michala Banas temporarily replaced Valentine on the Australian soap to allow her time to recover.

She commented: "I thought I'd let everyone down. But it was the best thing that could have happened. After a month off, I'm now pacing myself in a completely different way."

Thread Information