Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine)

Neighbours star Kym Valentine is reportedly suing the producers of the long-running soap, alleging that they subjected her to sex and disability discrimination.

Valentine, who played Libby Kennedy on and off from 1994 until 2011 has suffered a number of health problems and has not appeared on the show since taking sick leave two years ago.

However, the actress is now seeking compensation for lost wages and "pain, hurt, suffering and humiliation", as well as an acknowledgement that she suffered unlawful discrimination and an apology, The Agereports. It is thought that she also wants to be rehired as Libby.

She argues that production company FremantleMedia Australia, legal director Steven Rosser and former Neighbours producers Susan Bower and Neal Kingston engaged in unlawful discrimination.

Valentine claims that FremantleMedia failed to provide "a working environment that was safe" and that it breached "the relationship of trust and confidence".

In 2008, she contracted pneumonia, then suffered a collapsed lung on a flight from the US to Melbourne.

Bower then forced her to take a one-month break, casting Michala Banas to temporarily play Libby.

Valentine said at the time: "I went into the bathroom and just sobbed myself stupid. Libby is like my partner. She's been with me for 14 years.

"It was like being told your boyfriend was going to be intimate with someone else and you not only had to deal with it, but be happy about it."

A spokesperson for FremantleMedia said: "We don't comment on matters before the courts."

Former Neighbours star Kym Valentine has taken to Twitter to round up support for her character Libby Kennedy's return.

The actress has not appeared on the soap since 2011, when she took sick leave after suffering a number of health problems.

She has since attempted to sue the producers of the long-running soap, alleging that they subjected her to sex and disability discrimination.

Valentine previously claimed on Twitter that she had asked her followers whether Libby should return to Neighbours but that her tweet and the replies were deleted.

The actress has since written to a follower: "If I was wanted the show's producers would ask me if I was available. But who they want back can be who you guys want back!"

She later told another user: "It was reported that I'm demanding my job back! Which would be hilarious but pointless. Its not my call, that's up to all of you."

In another tweet, Valentine added: "Once a Kennedy always a Kennedy."

Valentine played Libby intermittently for 17 years after joining the show in 1994.

Former Neighbours star Kym Valentine is set to become a mum again.

The 38-year-old, who shot to stardom playing Libby Kennedy on the iconic Aussie TV show, revealed her happy news to Woman’s Day this week, telling us that she and her former AFL-playing fiance Trent Croad feel “blessed beyond belief”.

Jetting off on a secret tropical holiday to Hayman Island, 35-year-old Trent – who played for Hawthorn and Fremantle - is clearly over the moon at the news of his impending arrival, planting a tender kiss on Kym’s belly.

Kym is revelling in the exciting news that she's about to be a mum again.Kym is revelling in the exciting news that she's about to be a mum again.

"To be here with each other at this point in our lives is everything that happiness looks and feels like to us," Kym tells us.

The baby, who is due in April, will be a little brother or sister to 11-year-old Millana, Kym’s daughter from a former marriage to Fabio Tolli, and Kiera, eight, and Sierra, six, who are Trent’s children with ex-wife Tanya Stewart.

I met her on a Neighbours tour, she is lovely, would love for her to make a return but excited at these news
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-11-2015 at 08:43.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2015), tammyy2j (05-11-2015)

Congrats to ex-Neighbours star Kym Valentine and hubby Trent on the birth of their baby boy Phoenix!

Love the name
    Last edited by Perdita; 31-03-2016 at 07:38.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-03-2016), Pantherboy (31-03-2016)

Where is Ben's mother Libby at now?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Where is Ben's mother Libby at now?
    I think she moved to another country

She's in China...teaching there i think
    Last edited by Emmy15; 22-04-2017 at 08:42.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmy15 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (22-04-2017), Perdita (22-04-2017)

Thread Information