Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your pet-hates of MSN

Nudges!!!
    I think Ems and Debs will know what I mean with this one ! Constant nudging!! Yes I know you can turn them off, but I didn't know that at the time! And they still come up, just don't shake your screen .

That is my only pet hate.

Love the block & delete feature! Why should I speak to someone who is annoying the hell out of me? Or an ex friend. Who both of which possibly keep on and on at you. Just makes me sad, I'd rather be all happy and fuzzy.. and got know's it's saved me on numerous nudging days!!! . (Again I think Ems and Debs will understand that one ).

And it doesn't really bug me if I'm away or busy and someone talks to me, cause I just won't talk back, it's just wasting their time really. Or I feel quite honoured that someone wants to talk to me so much .

i too hate it when people say brb then never come back, but what i hate at the mo is that none of my messages send from the account with all my contacts on, so i have to use my other one to speak to my best friend, then i means lots of people are like why are you on two and it's my own choice to be, not to cause confusion!
    i have to say the block feature can be great when required [when someone keeps sending me smiley faces and asking obscure qs, although one time someone did take this up with me in the bus station and tried to cause an argument although they didn't get very far!!]

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Nudges!!!
    I think Ems and Debs will know what I mean with this one ! Constant nudging!! Yes I know you can turn them off, but I didn't know that at the time! And they still come up, just don't shake your screen .

That is my only pet hate.

Love the block & delete feature! Why should I speak to someone who is annoying the hell out of me? Or an ex friend. Who both of which possibly keep on and on at you. Just makes me sad, I'd rather be all happy and fuzzy.. and got know's it's saved me on numerous nudging days!!! . (Again I think Ems and Debs will understand that one ).

And it doesn't really bug me if I'm away or busy and someone talks to me, cause I just won't talk back, it's just wasting their time really. Or I feel quite honoured that someone wants to talk to me so much :.
    Oh I'm totally on your wavelength there Lea

My other one - I have to say, is when people "forget" that I have a young family and sometimes, my youngest will wake up of an evening for a bottle - it means I have to disappear for a couple of mins to sort him out - unfortunately some forget this and get all cranky because I haven't replied in 5/10 mins - sorry peeps but my family come first and foremost and always will. It doesn't happen often, but unfortunately it does. Yes, I could do a brb but sometimes, I have no idea how long I'm going to be.

Why am I explaining myself anyway?!

I have a few. You know when you get a mass chain email with one of those quizzes in? I hate it when people take all the email addys off and just add everyone to msn, even the ones who they don't know.

Or when randomers add you to msn and keep saying "can I see a pic?" or "have you got a cam?" I don't know who you are, why would I show you a picture of me?

I've had this happen to me before... when you have a minor falling out with a best mate and they get someone else to tell you how annoyed they are over msn then the friend blocks you without even sorting things out. Why?? It's nothing to do with anyone else and using msn to fuel the fire is just pathetic.

Another one of my pet hates is when people say "hi, how are you?" and then you reply and they don't say anything else. When you try talking to them you get short answers like "lol" or "yer i no." You started the convo, at least contribute to it.

Okay what really annoys me are pointless conversations they tend to go like this:
    -HI
    -hello
    -how are you?
    -good you
    -good
    -good good

and then nothing, I mean if your going to talk to someone its got to be more interesting than that

It also annoys me when people talk to me and im set to away
    And when people have laods of smiley's and I cant read what they are saying cos they have soooo many

I have to agree with all of the above, as they've all happened to me at some point.

Surrey is home, Roehampton when i'm at uni
    NUDGES....they are soooooo annoying so I disable mine lol they are just so irritating especially if you are writting to someone else they nudge you and their screen comes up and you end up typing to the wrong person very annoying lol.

I agree it is actually more the people than actual MSN that is annoying like when you don't answer a question straight away they are like hello...are you there...nudge...hello....nudge lol

People who sign in, out, in, out, in, out, so often that the alerts of them are right up the screen. There's no way they can be disconnected that many times and reconnect again and again in that space of time.

The part that tells you when you get an email. I can't stop the junk from bebo, and it drives me up the wall when I get that in the middle of a conversation. I would go back to Windows Messenger, but then I couldn't put the webcam on for my friends.

And people who sign out without saying bye, and it's not like they tell you the next time they're on that they got disconnected, or whatever.

i agree with what most of you have said

people who cant wait more than 30secs for an answer to something really annoy me, one of my friends in particular constantly nudges me and writes loads of question marks until i answer him which is really annoying!

and people who have their staus as busy or away just for the sake of it and they arent really. for example, one of my friends always has busy or away up, ive never seen him as just being online, and another one of my friends has started to appear offline all the time which annoys me as well cos when he starts a convo i never know if hes still there or not when i reply. or people that it says theyre online so you talk to them and they moan at you cos theyre busy, then change your status to busy!

and another thing, people who go without saying bye annoy me, i mean how difficult is it to say bye to someone, i know if you get disconnected thats different, but i doubt some people get disconnected that much!

thats all i can think of for now lol!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information