Page 61 of 260 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Beckham angry over auction blunder

David Beckham is upset with a charity auction that offered a meeting with him as a prize without his agreement.

Mum Jeanne Kelly paid £3,500 for her son Conor to have a date with the England footballer, but the prize was cancelled by organisers at the last minute.

The auctioned prize also included VIP flights and a signed jersey.

Speaking to the New York Post, Kelly said: "They told me there was a breach of security and David's not doing it. They're keeping us in the dark. Conor is heartbroken... He's my son's hero."

Kelly's £3,500 bid was given to the Duchenne Musuclar Dystophy charity so she has not asked for it back.

Beckham's representative said: "We were not made aware of this charity package until the [New York Post] called us.

"It's not the first time that we've had disreputable individuals sell packages to honest people claiming a meet and greet with David, having not spoken to him or anyone from his team to agree it.

"As you know, David does a lot of incredible work for charities and it would mortify him that these agencies dupe people in such a way. We don't condone it at all."

A spokesperson for the auction said: "It was never intended to promote on David alone. There were internal issues."

Mucca’s fired up for Apprentice

HEATHER Mills is lined up for the US celebrity version of The Apprentice.

Tycoon Donald Trump, 62, confirmed Mucca wants to go on his reality business show, known for his line: “You’re fired!”

Trump said: “Everybody wants to be on Celebrity Apprentice. One is Heather Mills. We have tremendous people.”

The contestants are revealed next month, but Trump has told producers he likes the fighting spirit of Sir Paul McCartney’s ex.

Mucca, 40, has just bought a £3million New York pad.

Former children's TV star John Leslie arrested over new rape claim

Former Blue Peter presenter John Leslie was arrested last night on suspicion of rape.

The 43-year-old attended a police station after a woman came forward alleging he had raped and sexually assaulted her more than a decade ago.

Officers are known to have been investigating the claims since the end of last year.

Leslie attended an interview by appointment at Teddington police station, South-West London, yesterday morning.

Following extensive interviews he was arrested at 7pm last night and later released on bail and told to report back in August.

The woman in question claims that Leslie sexually assaulted and raped her in 1995.

It is thought that she contacted the Metropolitan Police late last year.

A police spokesman said: 'We are investigating an allegation of rape and indecent assault in November 1995.

'A man in his 40s was taken into a London police station where he was arrested following an interview. He was later released on bail and will attend a hearing in August.'

The arrest comes five years after Leslie, who also presented ITV's This Morning, was cleared of sexual assault charges by a judge at Southwark Crown Court, South London.

A number of women had come forward with claims against the television presenter over incidents which had allegedly taken place at parties or on dates.

But the judge cleared him of any wrongdoing and told him he could leave the court 'without a stain on his character'.

Tainted friendship: Leslie with Ulrika Jonsson on TV in 1993

Leslie's ordeal began in October 2002 when Ulrika Jonsson claimed in her autobiography that she was raped by an unnamed TV presenter 15 years earlier.

There was much media speculation and Matthew Wright, a former newspaper columnist, disclosed on his television show The Wright Stuff that Leslie was the alleged attacker.

Miss Jonsson refused to tell the public or the police whether the correct person had been named but would only say he was ' wellknown'.

As a result of the publicity, several other women made accusations relating to indecent assault by Leslie, who was charged with assaulting a woman twice between May 25 and May 28, 1997.

He was not charged with offences against Miss Jonsson.

The police dropped the charge against Leslie on July 31, 2003.

On the court steps after being cleared, Leslie said he had 'been to hell and back' and that he had ' maintained his innocence throughout'.

His television career has never recovered. It is not known if the new allegation has been made by a woman linked to the previous investigation or if it is an entirely new inquiry.

The woman making the allegations is not Miss Jonsson.

Leslie, who was born in Edinburgh, is a former boyfriend of Catherine Zeta- Jones and Abi Titmuss. Miss Titmuss was an unknown nurse until a sex tape of her and Leslie fell into the public domain.

A source close to Leslie said: 'He has now been accused again of rape and is devastated about it.

'John totally denies the accusation and believes he has been deliberately set up because of his past.

'He is co- operating fully with police and wants to get this out of the way as soon as possible so he can get on with his life.'

Leslie now lives in Scotland and works as a property developer.

From Mail Online

Pammi to enter BB house

MEGA-BOOBS model Pamela Anderson is to enter the Big Brother house.

But sorry lads, she isn't joining our lot - she's been signed up for the Australian version of the show.

The Baywatch blonde will go from Playmate to Housemate next month in a bid to boost ratings Down Under.

Pam's shock arrival will come during a double eviction, according to Aussie newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

Lets hope she packs enough bikinis - but then again, maybe she'll sunbathe topless?

Ah, and to think UK show bosses gave the nation Stu to spice things up.

From The Sun

Will hse find herself another husband I wonder.

Why didn't the victim come forward in 1995 when the rape was supposed to take place rather than waiting 13 years.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Why didn't the victim come forward in 1995 when the rape was supposed to take place rather than waiting 13 years.
    This happens frequently with victims, at the time of this happening they might be too afraid, ashamed, embarrassed to report it. A lot of victims are also blaming themselves, thinking they might have done something to encourage the offender in some way. If the victim felt rather alone and unsupported she might just not have felt up to being questioned and possibly medically examined at the time.

never mind waiting 13 years what about when all the other rape stuff was happening a couple of years ago?????

seems very sus to me

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (25-06-2008), JustJodi (02-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    MEGA-BOOBS model Pamela Anderson is to enter the Big Brother house.

But sorry lads, she isn't joining our lot - she's been signed up for the Australian version of the show.

The Baywatch blonde will go from Playmate to Housemate next month in a bid to boost ratings Down Under.

Pam's shock arrival will come during a double eviction, according to Aussie newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

Lets hope she packs enough bikinis - but then again, maybe she'll sunbathe topless?

Ah, and to think UK show bosses gave the nation Stu to spice things up.

From The Sun

Will hse find herself another husband I wonder.
    not that ive got anything against pammy but dont you think she will be very false! just their to show her body off

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    never mind waiting 13 years what about when all the other rape stuff was happening a couple of years ago?????

seems very sus to me

Exactly I'm not saying that John Leslie is innocent but why did she not come forward when the allegations were flying around before.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Fleeshman confirmed for Elton tour

Richard Fleeshman will support Elton John on his summer arena tour.

The 19-year-old, first rumoured to be John's opening act in March, will play four solo dates in the UK this month before joining John as the support act at Swansea's Liberty Stadium on June 29.

Fleeshman called his opening slot "an amazing honour", adding: "Elton has always been an idol of mine but it is incredibly nerve-wracking as well. I'm going to ease myself into it by doing some warm up dates around the country before it. I cannot wait to go out there."

John said: "When I heard Neon [Fleeshman's debut album], I couldn't believe how mature the record sounded and how developed and accomplished Richard's songwriting is at such a young age. I was delighted to offer Richard a slot on my summer stadium shows."

Good on him, I liked him in Corrie and Soapstars, he is a good musician.

Thread Information