Page 31 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Such a tragic shock of loss of another young life. I only found out this morning on breakfast news. Let's hope this is just the result of a terrible accident.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Heath Ledger's body will be undergoing an autopsy today.

The actor, it has been revealed, was suffering from pneumonia at the time of his death.

He had also recently been filming in London shortly before his passing on Tuesday.

Friends of the Australian actor are saying that they saw his death coming.

"Heath has gone though a rough road of trying to get sober," reveals a pal.

Ledger's substance abuse issues could be one of the reason for his split from Michelle Williams, mother to their two year old Matilda.

Williams is said to be devastated over the news of Ledger's passing.

Ledger was most recently linked romantically to Australian model/actress Gemma Ward.

And, although The New York Times has reported that Heath's death is likely an overdose, his family is insisting that it was an accident.

So sad. So incredibly sad.

The "Reverend" Fred Phelps's Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to protest at the funeral of Heath Ledger.

Why?

The "God Hates Fags" hatemongers will picket the decease Aussie actor's funeral because he is a pervert who promoted homosexuality by appearing as a gay man in Brokeback Mountain.

We wish we could laugh at this stupidity, but it just makes us angry!

Heath may not have been perfect, but he doesn't deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    The "Reverend" Fred Phelps's Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to protest at the funeral of Heath Ledger.

Why?

The "God Hates Fags" hatemongers will picket the decease Aussie actor's funeral because he is a pervert who promoted homosexuality by appearing as a gay man in Brokeback Mountain.

that is the most stupid thing I have heard.. that man angers me in so many way...
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

Why?

that is the most stupid thing I have heard.. that man angers me in so many way...

I wish these people would just leave everyone alone...they are a disgrace to the human race. They need sorting and sorting now! Why cant anyone stop them

I wish these people would just leave everyone alone...they are a disgrace to the human race. They need sorting and sorting now! Why cant anyone stop them
    Sadly Lee, they don't care.. they were sued for 7mil for protesting at a soldiers funeral and they still do it
    Super Mod

Obituary: Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger was born in Perth in 1979 to parents Kim and Sally.

His parents divorced when he was 11 years old, a time during which his interest in acting was beginning to develop. Two years later, he secured a part in children's television series Clowning Around on the ABC.

At the age of 16, Ledger left full time education and played a gay cyclist in the 1996 TV series Sweat before being introduced to American audiences in the Fox series Roar, where he started dating co-star Lisa Zane.

In 1997, he made his film acting debut in the Australian film Blackrock. This was followed shortly after with an appearance in Paws and a few appearances in long-running Aussie soap Home and Away.

He graduated to bigger film roles in 1999, when he played Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You and had a leading role in Two Hands.

The following year he starred in The Patriot and embarked on a romance with actress Heather Graham, 11 years his senior.

The relationship lasted less than a year, with the couple splitting in June 2001. That year, Ledger starred in international smash-hit A Knight's Tale. Over the next two years, he had mixed success with films, most notably when he played the title role in flop Ned Kelly. It was on the set of Ned, however, that he met Naomi Watts, whom he dated for two years.

In 2004, Ledger signed on to play one of the lead roles in Brokeback Mountain, Ang Lee's award-winning adaptation of a love story about two cowboys. On the set of the film, he met Michelle Williams, with whom he said he fell in love on the first day of filming when he looked after her after she fell during a shoot. The pair moved to a home in Brooklyn and in 2005, Williams gave birth to their daughter Matilda Rose.

Late that year, Brokeback had its greatly anticipated debut. Ledger's performance in the film was likened by Lee to that of "a young Brando" and he was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor.

At the following year's Academy Awards, he lost out to Philip Seymour Hoffman, who won the Best Actor gong for his role in Capote. Brokeback, despite having been nominated 8 times, only won a single Oscar, which went to Ang Lee for Best Director.

In 2007, Ledger and Williams - by this point engaged - surprised fans by announcing that they were splitting up. Ledger started filming for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight, this year's sequel to Batman Begins.

On January 22, 2008, Ledger was found dead at the age of 28 at an apartment in the SoHo district of lower Manhattan in New York City. He is survived by Matilda Rose, now two years old.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

Why?

Sadly, there will always be narrow minded people around. I think if the media were not reporting on this they might go away because they would not have an audience, but this will be unlikely.

Heath Ledger autopsy inconclusive

An autopsy on the body of Australian actor Heath Ledger, who has died aged 28, has been found to be inconclusive.

It will take about 10 days to determine the cause of death, a spokeswoman for New York's medical examiner said.

"We have to do additional testing which will include toxicology and tissue testing," the spokeswoman said.

Police said they found prescription pills at Ledger's apartment in New York. The Brokeback Mountain star died there on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, tributes have been paid by family, fans and Hollywood. Father Kim Ledger said the death of his "dearly loved son" was "tragic" and "accidental".

Brokeback Mountain director Ang Lee described working with Ledger as "one of the purest joys of my life".

"He brought to the role of Ennis more than any of us could have imagined - a thirst for life, for love, and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him," he said. "His death is heartbreaking."

Fans have been leaving flowers and candles outside Ledger's apartment in the SoHo district.

Khaled Ali, a 41-year-old Broadway stage manager, left a candle and said: "I felt a connection with him as an actor, as a fellow in the theatre community.

"With Brokeback Mountain he touched me personally in telling the story of my community. It was very touching."

President George W Bush has postponed an event to promote an advertising campaign on preventing prescription drug abuse.

"We felt it would be better not to hold the event today given the tragedy of yesterday's passing of the beloved actor," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

"We did not want anyone to think we were trying to link into that story in any way."

Ledger, who earned an Oscar nomination for his role in Brokeback Mountain, was found in the rented apartment at 1526 (2026 GMT) on Tuesday.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Terrible to see his young daughter lose her father. I've been looking forward to seeing him in the new Batman movie

Mark, Houston
    Send us your comments
    In September, the Perth-born actor split from his girlfriend Michelle Williams, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

Williams played Ledger's wife in the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

On Wednesday, Williams and Matilda left Trollhattan, Sweden, where she had been filming.

The actress' father Larry Williams said the worst thing about Ledger's death was that Matilda would grow up without knowing her father.

"My heart goes out to everyone in his family and my family. The saddest thing is his daughter whom he just loved dearly," he said.

Ledger was seen in London last week shooting his latest film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, directed by Terry Gilliam.

The star also plays The Joker in yet-to-be-released Batman film The Dark Knight.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I can't believe these people are going to do this. Even if they have these ridiculous views they should respect others right's to mourn in peace, especially Heath's family. I wonder how they would feel if someone picketed one of their relatives funerals!

There is a facebook protesting against this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10008186498 but I doubt it'll make much difference
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Thread Information