Page 21 of 260 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Spice Girls to star in a Tesco ad

The Spice Girls have agreed to star in a new TV ad for Tesco, and will each pocket £1 million from the deal.

Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Mel B, Mel C and Victoria Beckham are expected to poke fun at themselves in the commercial, which will start airing shortly after their greatest hits album is released on November 12.

A source told The Mirror: "Tesco is one of the tour sponsors and has been desperate to get them in an advert. They will be sending themselves up, in the tradition of the old Jane Horrocks ads, and viewers should find it funny."

The girls' reunion tour kicks off on 2 December in Vancouver, Canada.
    Thanks CrazyLea

'Cold' Posh shocks hospital staff

Victoria Beckham shocked hospital staff with her behaviour during a visit to her sick father-in-law.

Posh returned to the UK with husband David last month, supporting the LA Galaxy footballer after his father Ted Beckham suffered a heart attack.

However, the Spice Girl was apparently less than impressed by the facilities at the London Chest Hospital, turning down a cup of coffee after being told that it had not been made with bottled water.

A fellow visitor told the News of the World: "She was offered a cup of coffee by one of the staff. But she wanted to know what kind of water had it been made with - bottled or tap. Obviously it was tap water and she said, 'No, thank you'.

"The staff were bemused. Water is boiled anyway, so people didn't understand what the problem was."

While David found time to chat to patients and nurses, Victoria's attitude did not make her very popular.

A hospital source explained: "She has that fixed pout. You didn't know if she was going to kiss you, talk to you or ignore you."
    Thanks CrazyLea

Mrs High and Mighty Beckham needs to be taken down a peg or two so she remembers where she comes from. How many others have visited sick relatives day in and out and never been offered refreshments by a nurse. The nurses are there to care for the patients not run around after those who think they are royalty.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Winehouse arrested over drugs possession

Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway last night on suspicion of possessing drugs, according to reports.

The singer was having a day off in between concerts during her European tour when she was arrested at the Radisson Hotel in Bergen.

Winehouse's current tour is her first set of live performances since she entered rehab in August after a reported drugs overdose. She was forced to cancel a string of gigs at the end of the summer.

Her husband Blake Fielder-Civil was also arrested, but her scheduled performance at Bergen's Peer Gynt Salen is still expected to go ahead tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Victoria Beckham shocked hospital staff with her behaviour during a visit to her sick father-in-law.

Posh returned to the UK with husband David last month, supporting the LA Galaxy footballer after his father Ted Beckham suffered a heart attack.

However, the Spice Girl was apparently less than impressed by the facilities at the London Chest Hospital, turning down a cup of coffee after being told that it had not been made with bottled water.

A fellow visitor told the News of the World: "She was offered a cup of coffee by one of the staff. But she wanted to know what kind of water had it been made with - bottled or tap. Obviously it was tap water and she said, 'No, thank you'.

"The staff were bemused. Water is boiled anyway, so people didn't understand what the problem was."

While David found time to chat to patients and nurses, Victoria's attitude did not make her very popular.

A hospital source explained: "She has that fixed pout. You didn't know if she was going to kiss you, talk to you or ignore you."
    now why doesnt this surprise me! she is so stuck up and if she carries on pouting as much as she does i think it will stick like that lol lol!!
    POOKIE

Williams shocks US with sex remark

Robbie Williams has shocked the US public by announcing that his favourite hobbies are "bum sex" and "heroin".

The singer told reporters that he had been "w**king and shooting heroin" when asked about his recent activities upon leaving an LA hotel.

He later joked to TMZ: "What else have I been doing? Just being nasty and having bum sex."

The 33-year-old's comments were aired on US television before the 10pm watershed, with added subtitles to help viewers understand his accent.

However, his friends insisted that Williams - who relocated to LA five years ago - was merely joking around and hopes viewers were not too offended.

A source said: "Robbie didn't realise they were going to air his comments on US TV. He was just being sarcastic and he is now worried Americans won't understand his sense of humour."

He was obviously joking, nobody in their right mind would go on TV and say that. So funny, America is going to think he's a gay addict
    Thanks CrazyLea

Russell Watson 'critically ill'

Singer Russell Watson is critically ill in hospital with a brain tumour.

Watson was due to undergo surgery to remove the tumour at 0730 GMT at the Alexandra private hospital in Cheshire.
    The singer, 40, was recording on Thursday when he was taken ill. He had a benign brain tumour removed a year ago after falling ill in the US.
    The Salford-born tenor, who used to be a factory worker before he turned to singing, has sold more than four million albums worldwide.
    'Complex surgery'
    A spokeswoman for the hospital in Cheadle confirmed that Watson was admitted on Wednesday afternoon.
    "Russell Watson is at the Alexandra Hospital. He came in yesterday afternoon. No other information can be given at this time."
    She said the hospital was used to doing "complex surgery".

Watson's agent, Richard Thompson, described the tumour as "major".
    "Our thoughts are with Russell and his family," he added.
    The singer had an emergency operation to remove a benign brain tumour in September 2006.
    The operation to remove the tumour, called a pituitary adenoma, took place at St George's Hospital in south London.
    He recovered but was forced to cancel television appearances and postpone a UK tour.
    His latest album, Outside In, is due for release on 26 November.
    Watson found fame after the chairman of Manchester United invited him to sing Nessun Dorma ahead of the football team's last match of the season in 1999. Watson got a standing ovation and later landed a recording contract.

I am not particularly keen on his music but he has got a nice voice and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Naomi Campbell loses temper at airport

Naomi Campbell lost her temper at an airport after she arrived too late to take her flight, reports claim.

The supermodel demanded to be allowed on the plane after turning up at Heathrow 11 minutes before it was scheduled to leave.

According to witnesses, she stamped her feet, saying: "You have to let me on. Come on."

British Airways staff said she could travel to New York without her bags, which they would send on a later flight, but she shouted: "You are joking. You are always losing bags and I don't trust you with mine in a million years. I can't believe you won't allow me on your flight. What is this? Who must I speak to?"

A source told the Daily Mirror: "When BA staff explained she was too late, she exploded and stamped her foot. There was a tirade of abuse."

Campbell, who took a court-ordered anger-management class earlier this year, eventually walked away from the BA counter.

Her spokesman said he was "not aware of any incident".
    Thanks CrazyLea

Fisher and Baron Cohen name baby Olive

Isla Fisher and fiancé Sacha Baron Cohen have named their baby daughter Olive.

The Wedding Crashers actress gave birth to the couple's first child in Los Angeles last week.

A source told OK!: "Isla and Sacha are over the moon with their newborn daughter. They wanted to wait until they saw the baby to pick a name. Both agreed Olive is perfect for her."

Baron Cohen, famous for characters Borat and Ali G, is said to be "thrilled" with his new daughter and has been a "hands-on dad" since the birth.

The couple have been engaged since 2004, but have yet to set a date for their wedding.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information