Page 192 of 260 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2591

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Former Pop Idol contestant and stage star Darius Campbell has secretly tied the knot to a Hollywood star in a hush-hush ceremony.

The singer - who found fame when he boastfully scolded talent show bosses for axing him - has found love with Natasha Henstridge, whose films include sci-fi hit Species.

He told Hello! magazine: "No-one knew we were there and that sense of it just being for us was very exciting - it felt a little bit naughty and secretive."

The couple were accompanied by only Henstridge's sons Tristan, 12 and Asher, nine, as they married at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California. The couple's wedding photos are published by the magazine.

"It was a very hard secret to keep," said the 36-year-old actress, who wore a short white Monique Lhullier dress. "It was really spontaneous."

Campbell was known as Darius Danesh when he made his first bid for TV fame in ITV show Popstars. After he failed to make it into the line-up of Hear'Say, who were assembled by the show, he then went on to take part in the first Pop Idol, which was won by Will Young. He has since become a stage star and moved to the US.

The couple - who became engaged in 2007, toyed with marrying in Scottish castle, or in Henstridge's native Canada but they went for the low-key approach at the US ranch.

"It's where the Kennedys honeymooned, and where Vivien Leigh and Sir Laurence Olivier said their vows, so it has a real sense of history," said Campbell.

They met seven years ago on a pedestrian crossing in LA. They briefly split last year but went on to rekindle their relationship.

"The universe conspired and I saw a lot of things much more clearly," Henstridge said. And Campbell added: "I've always known the grass is not greener. Wanting to spend your life with someone is a realisation that can take seven years or happens instantly."

PA

ABBEY CLANCY and PETER CROUCH were celebrating last night after she gave birth to a baby girl.

The blonde model's first child weighed 7lb 9oz and was born in London.

Love-rat Spurs striker Crouch, 30 – who cheated on Abbey, 25, on a stag-do in Madrid last year – was at the birth.

A spokesman for the couple said: "They're thrilled. Mother and baby are doing fine."

The pair hope their first child will heal the wounds inflicted by Crouch's romp with hooker Monica Mint.

We revealed Abbey's pregnancy shortly after he was rumbled.

A pal said: "They hope the baby will help them move on. Peter knows he was an idiot, but they're a very solid couple now."

It has been a joyful few days for Crouch, whose side qualified for the Champions League quarter-finals last week.

The Sun

Kelly Brook has announced that she is pregnant.

Brook and boyfriend Thom Evans are expecting a baby girl, the model confirmed on Twitter. The baby will mark the couple's first child.

"Thom and I are happy to announce we are expecting a baby girl. We are delighted XXX (sic),' the 31-year-old tweeted on Wednesday.

According to a source for the Daily Mail, Brook recently received the results of her three-month scan, and she and the baby appear to be healthy.

Brook and Evans started dating last November.

Brook reportedly posed fully nude for Exhibition magazine earlier this year.

The model-actress said last month that she has no interest in starring in a soap opera despite rumoured offers.

DS

Jet Harris, original bass player of the British pop band The Shadows, has died at the age of 71.

Harris's agent Peter Stockton confirmed that the musician passed away at his partner's home in Winchester, after battling an undisclosed form of cancer.

Upon hearing news of his former bandmate's death, Sir Cliff Richard paid tribute to the musician who he described as having been the core of the band.

"Jet was exactly what The Shadows and I needed - a backbone holding our sound together," Richard told BBC News. "Jet, the bass player, will always be an integral part of British rock 'n' roll history.

"Losing him is sad, but the great memories will stay with me," Richard added.

Concerns about Harris's health were raised after he was forced to cancel a number of public appearances earlier this month.

He was awarded with an MBE for services to music in 2010.

DS

RIP Jet

Mel B has announced that she is expecting her first child with husband Stephen Belafonte.

The Spice Girl already has two daughters, Phoenix, 12, and Angel Irish, 3, while Belafonte has one child from a previous marriage.

"It was planned, obviously," she told Hello magazine. "When you're 35 years old, you have to do your check-ups beforehand. So I'd done all the precautions around Christmas time, then we started trying."

She continued: "We both really wanted things to happen. The power of wanting a baby, I think, can sometimes just work for your advantage. I didn't think that I would get pregnant that quickly. Usually it takes at least a month or two.

"We're really excited. We wouldn't have planned and waited for four years to have a baby if we weren't really excited about it and ready for it - even though you can never really be truly ready."

However, the singer - real name Melanie Brown - admitted that she does not know if she will find out the sex of the baby.

"I haven't fully decided if I want to know or not," she said. "I'm over the first trimester, so I'm past the shady three months and on to safe territory. The first three months, I was pretty sick and tired, to be honest, which I've never been before."

Mel B is the third Spice Girl to confirm pregnancy this year, with both Victoria Beckham and Emma Bunton expecting new arrivals.

DS

The Gavin & Stacey funnyman's fiancee Julia Carey gave birth to a baby boy at London's Portland Hospital on Tuesday morning, according to The Sun.

The couple has yet to decide on a name for the tot.

Corden has been dating Carey since 2009 and cemented their relationship with a romantic Christmas Day proposal.

WENN

Myleene Klass has given birth to her second daughter.

The TV personality and husband Graham Quinn have named the girl Hero Harper Quinn, having known the sex of the child for some time.

A statement on Klass's official website confirmed that the baby was born at 5.02pm on Friday afternoon and weighed 6lb, 2oz.

Klass and Graham already have 3-year-old daughter Ava together. Klass recently revealed that Ava has warmed to the idea of having a little sister.

The former Hear'Say singer, who revealed the news of her pregnancy via Twitter in September, previously admitted to fighting with her other half over the name of their new daughter.

Ava was born three and a half weeks early in 2007.

DS

Do these celebs not understand giving these children stupid names. Can cause trouble when going to school. I do feel sorry for them having to carry these names for the rest of there lives. Zowie Bowie changed his in later live.
    Would not be so bad if it was a boy.

You can get some lovely unique names but others can be plain stupid. I agree why call a child Hero, poor girl.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

MUM-TO-BE Victoria Beckham wants to call her unborn baby girl Luna.

Fashionista Victoria Beckham has a shortlist of names and loves the name, which is Spanish for “moon”.

Bookies are now convinced it is the only viable moniker on the table.

Paddy Power yesterday made Luna the firm favourite, giving odds of just 3-1.

A survey of British parents by children’s retailing website BabyChild yesterday also backed Luna as the preferred choice. It was miles ahead of other names, including Angel, London, Princess and Paris.

Victoria, 36, was about to give the name Luna to third son Cruz before she knew the sex of the baby.

She picked it in 2004, months before giving birth, and favoured a girl’s name because she was so desperate for a little daughter. At the time, she said: “I love the word Luna. I know it’s a girl’s name. So maybe for the next baby.”

David’s England pal Frank Lampard, 32, and his ex Elen Rivas, 36, gave the name to their eldest daughter, who was born a few months after Cruz.

The Beckhams are no strangers to unusual names. The pair called their first son Brooklyn after the area where he was conceived in New York.

And they named their next son Romeo because: “It’s just a name we love.”

Their use of Spanish words is also apparent in youngest son Cruz’s name.

It is Spanish for “cross” and pronounced like the surname of pal Tom Cruise, 48.

Dad-to-be David, 35, said Brooklyn, 12, Romeo, eight, and Cruz, six, are looking forward to meeting their baby sister.

He said: “Having a girl is something we obviously hoped for.

“But when you have a baby, the biggest concern is it’s healthy and everything’s good with the mum.

“We’re very excited. It’s an exciting time for the family.”

Daily Star

Thread Information