Page 190 of 260 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2591

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Terrence Howard and wife Michelle Ghent are divorcing after one year of marriage, People reports.

Ghent filed divorce papers on Jan. 27 in Los Angeles Superior Court citing "irreconcilable differences."

Howard, 41, and Ghent have no children together, and she is seeking spousal support. They wed in January 2010 in a secret ceremony.

The Oscar-nominated actor was previously married to Lori McCommas, with whom he has three children.

Howard currently stars on Law & Order: Los Angeles.

David and Victoria Beckham have reportedly been informed that their fourth child will be a girl.

The couple, who announced the Spice Girl's pregnancy last month, apparently learned the news during a 16-week ultrasound scan at Rivers Hospital near their Hertfordshire home. They were told that the baby is healthy and "developing perfectly", The Sun reports.

A family friend said : "David and Victoria are over the moon. This will be their last child and to be told they are having a girl is the icing on the cake for the Beckham clan.

"Victoria is 36 and David is thinking about life after retirement. For them, with a sister for their boys - who are growing up fast - this is the perfect family. All their dreams have come true. They couldn't have wished for more."

Victoria, who has expressed her desire for a daughter in the past, is due to give birth in the summer.

DS

Sienna Miller and Jude Law have split up, the actor's rep has confirmed. "I can confirm that Jude Law and Sienna Miller are no longer in a relationship," the spokesperson said this evening, just two weeks after it was reported they bought a £8m love nest in North London. According to a friend, the pair separated weeks ago: "It was an entirely and end-of-the relationship decision. It had run its course," they said.

The couple have broken up before in 2006 when Jude admitted he had had an affair with his children's nanny, Daisy Wright. Sienna revealed the heartache that she went through at the time, saying: "That was a very pivotal time in my life, and I'm happy saying that.... It's a private moment when you get your heart broken for the first time, and that was the absolute antithesis of private. It couldn't have been more public!"

The couple put aside their differences and reconciled in late 2009, appearing in public together at the Met Ball. the following spring. No more information has been released about the split.

Singer and actress Ashlee Simpson filed for divorce on Wednesday from her rock star husband Pete Wentz after less than three years of marriage, according to court documents.

Simpson, 26, the younger sister of Jessica Simpson and a former actress on TV show "Melrose Place", cited irreconcilable differences for the split with Wentz, 31, a musician in the U.S. band Fall Out Boy.

The couple married in May 2008 and have a two year-old son Bronx Mowgli. No date of their separation was given in documents filed with Los Angeles Superior Court and first obtained by celebrity website TMZ.com.

Simpson had hits in 2004 with "Pieces of Me" and her debut album "Autobiography" and appeared in the Broadway musical "Chicago" in 2010.

Wentz and his Fall Out Boy band members put the band on hiatus in 2009 and Wentz has since formed a new project called Black Cards.

Reuters

Actress Dame Elizabeth Taylor has been admitted to a Los Angeles hospital to treat symptoms of congestive heart failure, her spokesperson said.

The 78-year-old was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for the "ongoing health problem", spokesperson Sally Morrison said.

It is not clear how long she will be in hospital, Ms Morrison added.

Dame Elizabeth has a long history of medical problems and underwent heart surgery in 2009.

"Her family and close friends are appreciative of the warm support and interest of her loyal fans but have asked that people respect her privacy and allow her medical team the time and space to focus on restoring her back to health," a statement issued on Friday said.

The actress had been scheduled to attend an award at a benefit gala for HIV/Aids charity amfAR on Wednesday in New York, but missed the event.

An award given in recognition of her support to HIV/Aids work was accepted by Sir Elton John on her behalf.

Dame Elizabeth won best actress Oscars for Butterfield 8 in 1961 and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in 1967.

BBC News
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-02-2011 at 09:30.

Jessica Alba has announced that she and her husband, Cash Warren, are expecting their second child. “It’s been a while since I’ve been on FB & I thought I’d drop by to let you all in on some exciting news,” Alba wrote on her Facebook page. “Honor is going to be a Big Sister! Cash and I are thrilled and wanted to share the news directly with you so you didn’t hear about it somewhere else. I appreciated all of the love and support you all gave me during my first pregnancy and will definitely appreciate it again this time around. Have a great day!”

Alba and Warren have a two-year-old daughter, Honor.

Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster have welcomed their second child together.

Lancaster gave birth on Wednesday to a baby boy named Aiden, weighing 7lb 12oz.

"Mother and baby are healthy and blissfully happy," a rep told E! News.

The couple are already parents to 5-year-old Alistair. Aiden is Stewart's eighth child.

Actress Stephanie Beacham has told of her terror after doctors revealed her skin cancer has returned.

The Dynasty star had a brush with the disease in 2008 but assumed she was back to full health after a course of cryotherapy to freeze and remove the growth on her nose.

But she was plunged into "horror" last month when medics revealed the cancerous cells have returned. The star is currently undergoing photodynamic therapy for basal cell carcinoma in a bid to kill off the illness.

Beacham tells Hello! magazine, "The news that it had returned gave me such a fright. The first time I was told I had skin cancer, I can still remember the horror I felt, so to be told it had come back was terrifying.

"I was also terribly disappointed as I thought I was clear and that was the end of it. I now know otherwise and this has served as a warning... I didn't want cryotherapy again and surgery would have involved cutting away a chunk of skin from my nose, leaving me with a permanent scar.

"The treatment took less than half an hour and didn't involve a scalpel... It was slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. I have one more treatment next month to make sure all the cancerous cells are cleared."

And the actress admits she's determined to help other sufferers of the disease: "This second scare has proved a very valuable lesson. But skin cancer is nothing to be ashamed of and if my story makes more people aware of the dangers and the treatments available then good has come of this."

Hope she makes a full recovery

Cristiano Ronaldo could be a father again, following reports that his fiancée Irina Shayk is pregnant.

Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha claims that Shayk has been spotted with a small bump.

A friend of the footballer told the paper: "Cristiano loves being a father.

"Although they weren't planning on having a baby so soon, the truth is that nothing makes him happier than his son. And the birth of the boy awakened Irina's desire to become a mother."

The friend continued: "They had been talking about marriage. Cristiano wanted something very special and romantic, and on Valentine's Day he travelled to New York to surprise Irina. He asked her to marry him."

The friend said Ronaldo's mum Dolores wants the couple to marry in the footballer's home town of Funchal, on the Portuguese island of Madeira.

They added: "At the moment there are lots of options open, but if it were down to Ronaldo's mother the wedding would be in Madeira."

DS

Actress Jane Russell has died of respiratory failure at the age of 89.

Born in Minnesota in 1921 to Roy William Russell and Geraldine Jacobi, Russell was discovered by movie mogul Howard Hughes in 1940. Her first film, The Outlaw, catapulted her to fame three years later. Its poster, showing the actress posing provocatively with a gun in a bale of hay, sparked controversy at the time.

She worked with many of the industry's stars in the '40s and '50s, appearing alongside Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes in 1953. She also worked with Frank Sinatra, Groucho Marx and Vincent Price during the '50s.

In a statement to Reuters, her son Buck Waterfield said: "Jane Russell passed away peacefully today (Monday) at home surrounded by her children at her bedside."

She is survived by three children.

DS

RIP Jane

Thread Information