Page 183 of 260 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2592

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Holly Willoughby is pregnant with her second baby, she announced on This Morning, her baby is due in May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Lily Allen loses second

LILY ALLEN has suffered renewed heartbreak after losing a second baby.
    The star, who was six months pregnant, was rushed to hospital on Thursday morning after complaining of stomach pain.

But efforts to save the unborn child, over the weekend, tragically failed.

In August the chart-topper announced she was expecting with builder boyfriend SAM COOPER after she had completed a successful three-month scan.

Two years ago the singer suffered a similarly tragic set of circumstances when she miscarried a child.

In December 2007 she revealed she was pregnant by then boyfriend ED SIMMONS of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS. However, she lost the baby the following month.

Lily has been dating Sam, who runs a posh decorating firm, since July 2009.

She has referred to him as "the love of my life".
    Poor Lily

Danny Baker has revealed that he has cancer and is to undergo chemotherapy.

The Radio 5 Live host - who has presented shows for Radio 1 and Radio 2 - told fans and listeners in a statement online, explaining why he has been absent from his regular Saturday show.

Danny, who is also well-known as a scriptwriter for his friend Chris Evans, remained upbeat and said he had been "watching Tommy Steele box sets".

"Once the quacks have soundly thrashed this thing I shall return like a rare gas and as if out of a trap," he said.

Danny, 53, apologised to his listeners for keeping his illness under wraps over the past few weeks.

He said: "As it appears this is going to continue for the foreseeable, I really ought to offer up some sort of breadcrumbs trail as to what's going on - as you know I am queasy about introducing vulgar real life on to the vaudeville stage so let's keep this crisp.

"After a pretty mouldy diagnosis about a month back, I finally begin chemotherapy on Monday with further radiotherapy from January. Yes, radiotherapy; can you beat it?"

He continued: "This being so, the old treehouse baggy pants will be donned but sparingly. Once the quacks have soundly thrashed this thing I shall return like a rare gas and as if out of a trap."

He urged his listeners to "keep yakking up a storm and laugh extra loud" at the guest presenters for his shows.

He thanked listeners for their concerns and added: "So. Manly handshake. Walk right on. In the words of King George 'What what and there it is...'."
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-11-2010 at 14:41.

Tomlinson donates £1m to Liverpool children's charity

Ricky Tomlinson has said he will not be commenting publicly about the donation.

Ronald McDonald House provides overnight accommodation for families of patients staying at Alder Hey Children's Hospital.

The donation has helped fund a new £1.5m unit for 15 families who need to stay for more than six months.

The Royle Family star declined to comment on the donation. However, the charity confirmed the gift.

'Such a difference'

Jan Thomas, director of Ronald McDonald House, said: "We are absolutely overwhelmed at Ricky's modesty and generosity.

"He has made such a difference to the families who need to stay at Ronald McDonald House (RMH)."

The charity currently provides accommodation for 69 parents and families.

The new flats will include a bedroom, kitchen, dining and lounge facilities and bathroom.

Ms Thomas said Mr Tomlinson had made the donation two years ago after visiting the charity and they had kept the secret ever since.

"His accountant rang us and said Eric Tomlinson wants to make a donation," she said.

"We didn't know who Eric Tomlinson was. Then we realised it was Ricky."

She added: "I asked him why he wanted to give the donation and he said, 'it's for the kids - they are the future'."

'Vital lifeline'

The remaining £500,000 was raised by family and friends of children who had stayed at RMH.

Mr Tomlinson laid a time capsule within the foundations of the 15 new apartments, on Monday.

Speaking then, he said: "I'm delighted to be here today to support Ronald McDonald House at Alder Hey.

"The house provides a vital lifeline to parents and families who come to hospital with their critically ill children and these new apartments will be able to give them some much needed support during an incredibly difficult time.

"I'm looking forward to seeing them completed in June 2011."

BBC News

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Lily Allen loses second

LILY ALLEN has suffered renewed heartbreak after losing a second baby.
    The star, who was six months pregnant, was rushed to hospital on Thursday morning after complaining of stomach pain.

But efforts to save the unborn child, over the weekend, tragically failed.

In August the chart-topper announced she was expecting with builder boyfriend SAM COOPER after she had completed a successful three-month scan.

Two years ago the singer suffered a similarly tragic set of circumstances when she miscarried a child.

In December 2007 she revealed she was pregnant by then boyfriend ED SIMMONS of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS. However, she lost the baby the following month.

Lily has been dating Sam, who runs a posh decorating firm, since July 2009.

She has referred to him as "the love of my life".
    Lily Allen has returned to hospital with blood poisoning only days after her second miscarriage.

Her spokesman confirmed this afternoon that the 25-year-old singer, who lost her baby six months into pregnancy on Monday, is responding well to septicaemia.

The statement reads: "Lily Allen is back in hospital, where she is being treated for septicaemia. She is responding well to treatment and her condition continues to improve.

"Lily thanks everyone for their messages of support and again asks that she and partner Sam Cooper be left alone while she recovers."

Allen had already indicated that she was feeling unwell, tweeting last night: "I'm still very sick but the messages are helping me to be stronger. Thank you xx. (sic)"

Hollywood, TV and Broadway actress Jill Clayburgh has died aged 66.

She was nominated for an Oscar for her role in An Unmarried Woman in 1978 and for Starting Over, opposite Burt Reynolds the following year.

Her husband, playwright David Rabe, said she died from leukaemia at home in Connecticut. She had lived with the illness for more than 20 years.

Her TV appearances included playing the mother in the Ally McBeal series.

In An Unmarried Woman, Clayburgh played Erica, a wife and mother whose husband leaves her for a younger woman and who then starts a relationship with an artist, played by Alan Bates.

Cannes best actress

"There was practically nothing for women to do on the screen in the 1950s and 1960s," Clayburgh said in an interview with AP news agency when promoting An Unmarried Woman in 1978.
    "Sure, Marilyn Monroe was great, but she had to play a one-sided character, a vulnerable sex object. It was a real fantasy."

In another interview, with the New York Times in 1982, she commented on her roles playing women facing up to life's challenges: "I guess people look at me and they think I'm a ladylike character," she said. "But it's not what I do best. I do best with characters who are coming apart at the seams."

Clayburgh won best actress award at the Cannes Film Festival for her performance in An Unmarried Woman.

She also received Emmy nominations for her role playing a prostitute in the 1975 TV movie Hustling and in 2005 for her role in Nip/Tuck. She also appeared in the TV series Dirty Sexy Money.

Her final film, Bridesmaids, has not yet been released.

BBC News

RIP Jill

Rachel Weisz and her director beau, Darren Aronofsky, have split.

Despite being together since 2001, engaged since 2005 and having a 4-year-old son, Henry, Weisz had long admitted to being shy about pulling the trigger on marriage.

"Funnily enough, just recently I suddenly felt like I really would like to get married," Weisz said during an appearance on The View last January. "It's just a feeling. I know it's a funny thing."

Weisz had also gushed to Redbook last year that she and the Wrestler filmmaker were committed "until death do us part" although no official vows had been exchanged.

Somewhere along the line things changed.

Notably, there have been rumors about Weisz and Daniel Craig. She and the 007 star allegedly did some serious Bond-ing while working on the film Dream House earlier this year, though neither has confirmed any romance.

As for Aronofsky and Weisz, the couple had been planning to reteam (they previously worked together on 2005's sci-fi flick The Fountain) on a biopic of Jackie Kennedy, but that project no longer is listed on either's IMDb credits.

The couple plan to share custody of Henry and continue to raise him in New York.

Singer Pink and husband Carey Hart are reportedly expecting their first child.
    According to US Weekly, a source said: "She's 12 weeks along. She wanted to do it between tours, when she has some time off."

Pink, real name Alecia Moore, and Hart began dating in 2001, got engaged in 2005 and married a few months later.

However in 2008, their separation was announced, with reconciliation following this February.

The source added: "Pink was determined to make the relationship solid. Now she's really happy, and she's excited she got pregnant so fast! She'll be a brilliant mother."

However Pink's representatives have yet to confirm the news.

Legendary producer Dino De Laurentiis has died at the age of 91.

De Laurentiis, whose career in cinema spanned more than 70 years and 160 movies, passed away in Los Angeles, according to Italian media reports.

De Laurentiis established himself as one of Italy's leading post-war producers, working on neorealist films and collaborating with Federico Fellini on La Strada (1954), for which he shared a 'Best Foreign Language' film Oscar with Carlo Ponti, and Nights of Cabiria (1956).

He produced the Jane Fonda cult classic Barbarella in 1968 before relocating to the US in the 1970s.

His Hollywood credits include Al Pacino's Serpico, Three Days Of The Condor, the 1976 King Kong remake, Flash Gordon, Dune and Body Of Evidence.

De Laurentiis's biggest success came with his big screen adaptations of Thomas Harris's Hannibal Lector character. He produced Manhunter, Hannibal, Red Dragon and Hannibal Rising, but passed on the opportunity to make 1991's Oscar-winning The Silence Of The Lambs.

De Laurentiis is survived by wife Martha De Laurentiis, their two children, and four children from his first marriage to Silvana Mangano.

Pink has announced that she is pregnant with her first child.

The popstar went on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to confirm reports that she is expecting a baby with husband Carey Hart.

The 31-year-old also revealed that the doctor "kind of" told her that the child will be a girl.

"I'm eating for two these days," Pink told DeGeneres. "I didn't want to talk about it because I was just really nervous and I have had a miscarriage before, but if I was going to talk about it with anyone, it was going to be with you.

"I'm terrified because [the doctor] thinks it's a girl. My mum has always wished me a daughter just like me. I'm terrified one of us will go to jail!"

When asked whether the pregnancy was planned, Pink added: "I worked for it. It was not an 'oops'."

Pink's edition of The Ellen DeGeneres Show will air on Wednesday.

Thread Information