Page 88 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Gossip

Attenborough 'stable' after fall

Lord Attenborough is in a stable condition after an accident at home, a hospital spokesman has said.
    The 85-year-old actor and director had to pull out of a ceremony in honour of Brief Encounter actress Celia Johnson on Thursday after suffering a fall.
    He had been due to unveil an English Heritage blue plaque at her former home in Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey, where Lord Attenborough also lives. He is recovering in St George's Hospital in Tooting, south-west

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Whether it's playing wheelchair-bound club owner Brian Potter or transsexual Irish warbler Geraldine McQueen, Peter Kay has been one of the most loved and successful comics of the last decade. With a bumper selection of mega-selling DVDs and a permanent fixture on the chatshow circuit, it wasn't surprising to hear that the Northerner recently beat Ricky Gervais and Frank Skinner to the title of the UK's favourite comedian. Read below to find out ten teasing facts about the standup.

1. Kay was born on July 2 in Bolton, Lancashire. His mum originates from County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.

2. Peter left Mount St. Joesph school with a single GCSE in Art and went on to work at a Netto supermarket, a cash and carry, a bingo hall and a toilet roll factory.

3. One of Peter's first standup gigs saw him triumphing over fellow Northern funnyman Johnny Vegas at the Northwest Comedian Of The Year in 1997. Coincidentally, the gig was hosted by his future Phoenix Nights co-star Dave Spikey.

4. Liam Gallagher is still angry with Kay for mocking the big white fur coat he wore at the NME Awards. According to brother Noel, the Oasis singer wouldn't stop swearing when someone played Kay's DVD on the band's tour bus.

5. Kay has had a more successful pop career than many musicians, working on four top ten singles. He could make it five if Geradline McQueen tops the charts with 'Once Upon A Christmas Song'.

6. Kay's favourite job as a youngster was working in a cinema. "I got to see all the movies for free, got free sweets and I told people endings of films as they were going in, like 'I didn't know Al Pacino was in Ghost'," he said.

7. Despite doing numerous promotions for John Smiths, Kay doesn't actually drink. The comic's father Mick died as a result of alcoholism in 1999, aged 59.

8. Kay's popularity with musicians means that he has ended up on stage at Live 8, Leeds Festival, V Festival, the Reebok Stadium with Elton John and at the MEN Arena with Queen.

9. The roly-poly funnyman is only 5ft 8in tall.

10. The comic's TV debut came on the 25-minute Granada film Two Minutes. The project co-starred Alexei Sayle and Hi-De-Hi!'s Paul Shane.
    he also worked at men arena
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

John Travolta's teenage son dies on holiday

The teenage son of American actor John Travolta has died suddenly while on a family holiday in the Bahamas.

The actor's lawyer, Michael Ossi, said Jett Travolta, who was 16, suffered a seizure, and attempts to revive him at the scene failed.

The family were staying in a property in the grounds of the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and his actress wife, Kelly Preston.

The couple also have a daughter, Ella Blue, who was born in 2000.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-01-2009)

That's awful, especially at such a young age. I had a friend who died from SUDEP two years ago.

omg jett travolta has died thats tragic
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

RIP Jett Travolta

Jennifer Garner has given birth to a baby girl.

The former Alias star and husband Ben Affleck welcomed their second child at a Los Angeles hospital yesterday.

A representative for the 36-year-old actress told People that the newborn was "healthy" but refused to release any further details.

Garner and Affleck, who married in 2005, are already parents to three-year-old Violet.

Lily Allen has become caught up in a cocaine controversy by appearing to condone its use.

The singer claimed that friends who use the drug can still manage to lead a normal life.

"I know lots of people that take cocaine three nights a week and get up and go to work every day, no problem at all," the star told Metro.

"But we never hear that side of the story. I have no statement to make, I just wish people wouldn't sensationalise this thing that just exists.

"The only story is that drugs are bad and they will kill you - you will become a prostitute, a rapist or a dealer. But that's not true."

Despite admitting that she no longer uses the drug, Allen added that in previous times cocaine had been 'dished out' within the music industry.

"I'd have been booked in at the Ritz with five grams of cocaine on my table," she added.

Lily Allen releases her new single 'The Fear' on January 26.

Charlotte Church gives birth to baby boy

Charlotte Church has given birth to a baby boy.

The 22-year-old welcomed the child, her second with partner Gavin Henson, just after midnight today at their home in Glamorgan, Wales.

A spokesperson for the couple revealed that the family are doing well, saying: "They haven't yet announced a name for their son, but we can confirm that he weighed in at 7lb 5oz and that mum and baby are both doing just fine."

The arrival of the child comes 16 months after Church gave birth to daughter Ruby.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Goody: 'I have 40% chance of surviving'

Doctors have told Jade Goody that her chances of beating cancer have reduced.

The former Big Brother contestant has admitted that she has a 40% chance of beating the disease.

"I have down times when I cry and cry. I’ve only got a 40% chance of living. But I won’t let go," she told The Sun.

The star recently started losing her hair following sessions of chemotherapy treatment.

Describing the moment her hair started falling out, she added: "I screamed until my mum came running. When she saw the hair on the floor, she cuddled me and rubbed my head like when I was a baby.

"Handfuls more peeled off in her hands. It was awful."

The star was diagnosed with cancer while appearing on the Indian Big Brother in August 2008.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information