Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrivals and Departures

Ive never seen Dani in home and away either, But oh my god they are all leaving, hopefully they wont in some mass death plot

This is from backtothebay.net

No doubt the fans are disturbed by the number of actors choosing to not re-sign their contracts. This has always been a factor with the show, and even more so these days with the lure of Hollywood, although it is unusual to have this number choose to move on at the same time. Trust me, none of these departures are write outs. In each case the actor chose to leave. As I'm a glass half full sort of guy, I prefer to embrace this as a storyteller to allow me to tell exciting stories that give the actors interesting departures and lead those characters who remain in to exciting new drama.

Dan's departure will do great honor to both the character and Tim's excellent work in bringing him to life. As I created the character of Dan Baker during my last stint as Script Producer, I am glad to be around to see Dan get the send-off he deserves. This story leads Leah in to moving and interesting new story areas. Those who have been screaming for Leah to get her own story, trust me she gets it now that Dan is leaving. And NO, they will NOT break up. To do that to them would betray you the viewers and the love you have for them as a couple.

Rhys's character of Lucas follows the time honored tradition in "Home and Away" of sending kids off to Uni when they get to a certain age. His departure puts Tony in to the interesting position of being virtually a single man again, and this propels him in to a great new romantic triangle. For those fans who love him, Lucas's leaving makes HotDad hotter than ever.

There are also some really compelling new characters coming in to the show and the return of one old villain will change the lives of many favorites forever. The fans can trust my promise that the Bay may be losing some popular residents, but the show will be more exciting than ever.
    Thanks CrazyLea

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (05-11-2007), tammyy2j (06-11-2007)

Its going to be very werid with so many leaving, it will be like a whole new cast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    James Mitchell - Michael Abrahams
    Michael is Jonah from The Believers. He comes back and becomes Geoff and Annie's guardian when Bruce dies.
    Here's how Jonah comes back:
    After Geoff and Annie got kicked out of home, Bruces illness has got worse and he is now in hospital. Geoff and Annie have tried to make up to Bruce and offered to run the farm while he is in hospital, he doesn't want this as he has hired Jonah as the farm hand to run the farm. Irene was not happy when she found out and tried to change Bruce's mind, but he is being stubborn and insists that Jonah works the farm
    Thanks CrazyLea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (06-11-2007)

Oh exciting stuff ahead then... sorry to see Sally go..
    Super Mod

Unhappy

Is Leah not going away with Dan? Don't tell me they break up!! Is Danni really coming back?? I thought she was too busy with other stuff
    Last edited by alohachica82; 08-11-2007 at 13:49. Reason: Wanted to add extra information

Quote Originally Posted by alohachica82 View Post
    Is Leah not going away with Dan? Don't tell me they break up!! Is Danni really coming back?? I thought she was too busy with other stuff
    Leah and Dan don't break up.. Dan dies in the US and Leah has no plans to leave H&W anytime soon
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-11-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alohachica82 View Post
    Leah and Dan don't break up.. Dan dies in the US and Leah has no plans to leave H&W anytime soon
    Found this on backtothebay.net

It is with great regret that we announce the tragic death of Dan Baker. Dan plummets to his death whilst abseiling in the Yellowstone National Park in the USA. In a shock twist, one resident has a supernatural hand in Dan's death and feels fully responsible....

Without a doubt, many fans will be wondering why the writers have decided to kill Dan off. It certainly wouldn't have been an easy decision for them, but once you put it into perspective, there really wasn't much choice.

There was no way that the writers could split Dan and Leah up. Just as Bevan told BTTB back in September, it would betray the viewers and the adoration they have for Dan & Leah as a couple.

If they went with the storyline of a long distance relationship, it would tie Leah down too much and consequently there would be very little in terms of storylines for her.

Leah joining Dan was out of the question, as Ada has no intentions to leave in the near future. Finally there has been far too much on-screen death on the show in recent times, so that only leaves the option of an off-screen death.

Don't let that put you down though, from what I gather the storyline of Dan's death will be handled with the upmost respect for his character and will pay huge respect to the love that him and Leah shared. The aftermath of his death will be felt for months and months, and will alter the lives of many. It also opens up a whole new storyline for Leah which will see her becoming a much more central role in the lives of the kids in Summer Bay, a big plus for the Ada fans!

Amanda also start filming her first scenes on the same day as Dan's wake is being filmed.

Amanda talking to Belle.
    Thanks CrazyLea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (10-11-2007)

Oh my gosh, Dan dies? I like Dan. Poor Leah. But I'm glad that Ada isn't leaving.

*Major Spoilers*

Some of these are just rumours that I have heard on other forums, some are confirmed.

Rachel gets pregnant then loses the baby.
    Cassie goes to prison for drink driving.
    A new doctor comes to town, Lewis. He's the hospital stalker.

Season finale spoiler: Someone arrives in Summer Bay looking for Sally Fletcher and their arrival will change Sally's life forever.
    *Rumour* Johnny is coming back as part of Sally's exit

EDIT: Found a few more:

Sam and Jack get married. Martha tries Sam's wedding dress on.
    Bruce dies.
    Last edited by Abigail; 16-11-2007 at 23:26.
    Thanks CrazyLea

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (16-11-2007)

Thread Information